Page 139 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    You're not getting it.

I don't have a need that I'm looking for Nissa to fill. Rather the other way around - I have Nissas and I'm looking for the need!

Takisaka Toru had two in the board when he took first out of seventy players. I'm sure he a reason for them, but I'm not entirely sure what that reason is!
    It is possible to win in spite of having cards in your deck and sideboard.

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    It is possible to win in spite of having cards in your deck and sideboard.
    Yeah, I do get that - just look at that 70+ card elf deck. And if I thought it was an obviously great card for us I wouldn't be posting!

Just thought I might give him the benefit of a doubt because I don't personally see every angle sometimes (and like I said, I'm out of practise with the R/G build).
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Have played lands for a while, but took a break for a bit. Now that I'm coming back to it I was curious if anyone had a write up of a sideboard guide they use? One with tireless trackers etc...

I'd like a starting point to then adapt my own.

Thanks!

Rawr
    Feb 2009
    Ecuador

Yeah, I do get that - just look at that 70+ card elf deck. And if I thought it was an obviously great card for us I wouldn't be posting!

Just thought I might give him the benefit of a doubt because I don't personally see every angle sometimes (and like I said, I'm out of practise with the R/G build).
    Looks to be the same slot as sb Primeval Titan. Petty cool considering this change addresses situations where snapcaster --> removal on a Primetime that bypassed CB is gg. The utility vs show and tell is lost, but I guess this dude wanted to address Miracles more.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Just run Tracker or Bob. Those are the two most effective creatures for the deck that don't have "Titan" in the name.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

[Deck] R/G Combo Lands

Had great success with tireless lately. I use it in all grindy mu but it's helpful in all the situations where you have to apply pressure. IE I started to side it in vs ant to lower their possibilities to win through ad nauseam and to increasing mine to draw more hate/the combo.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Looks like Constructed Resources (Marshall Sutcliffe and Eric Froehlich) did a podcast on Lands. I'm giving it a listen now. http://www.channelfireball.com/videos/legacy-lands/

Edit: This segment on Lands runs from about 15:00 until 35:00. It is a very cursory glance at some cards in the main deck. This is entirely missable, except for people who have never seen or played Lands and want a very quick primer.

Just run Tracker or Bob. Those are the two most effective creatures for the deck that don't have "Titan" in the name.
    So...

Why run Tracker or Bob over Prime Time?
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Because right now SnT is not a deck I expect to face.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

So...

Why run Tracker or Bob over Prime Time?
    Because right now SnT is not a deck I expect to face.
    Tireless Tracker is much better than Bob (and makes the mana better). How is Primeval Titan worse? Titan is much harder to cast. I agree with Dice_Box, though, Sneak & Show and other Show & Tell decks are on a very steep decline. I am saddened and ashamed to admit that there might be a time where I attend a GP without Primeval Titan in my 75. :(

Does anyone know who "yekcat" from MTGO?

Looks like he's tearing it up in the new competitive leagues. His list is a bit different then your standard RG builds.

What do you guys think? Can't just be a good run to go 10-0 right?

4 Gamble
    4 Life from the Loam
    4 Crop Rotation
    3 Punishing Fire
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Exploration
    1 Manabond
    2 Molten Vortex
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Bojuka Bog
    3 Dark Depths
    1 Forest
    1 Ghost Quarter
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    3 Maze of Ith
    4 Rishadan Port
    2 Taiga
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Thespian's Stage
    1 Tranquil Thicket
    4 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath
    2 Wooded Foothills

SB:
    1 Chalice of the Void
    2 Choke
    1 Karakas
    4 Krosan Grip
    2 Nissa, Worldwaker
    2 Pithing Needle
    3 Sphere of Resistance

Looks like the exact same list as Toru Takisaka's that we were discussing earlier for its inclusion of Nissa, Worldwaker. Only difference between the 75 is a second Wooded Foothills vs. a Misty Rainforest. Perhaps it's him?

Tracker is a beat stick that protects your loams by letting you dredge off clue tokens if needs be, and he can get pretty big pretty fast. For land's he's better than bob.

Nissa does seem an odd inclusion, but less vulnerable to removal than perhaps titania, but still odd. The sylvan library looks intriguing, could be swapped for a tranquil thicket...

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=104497

RG lands in top 8 of SCG Sunday classic. Interesting list running a one of World Breaker main. Seems slow but worth the test I guess. Sideboard seems a bit weird, 4 Leyline other void. Not sure what he was hedging against storm?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

world breaker maybe a good tech but very slow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by CovenantElite30 View Post
    http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=104497

RG lands in top 8 of SCG Sunday classic. Interesting list running a one of World Breaker main. Seems slow but worth the test I guess. Sideboard seems a bit weird, 4 Leyline other void. Not sure what he was hedging against storm?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    I would guess all BGx decks or in general all graveyard-depending decks, so yeah Storm (as a semi-GY depending deck) to name one. If you checked the whole T16, you would have drawn the same conclusion: I see two Reanimator, Dredge, some Goyf-decks etc. LotV seems a bit of a meta-call, but a good one.

I like the simplicity of the SB: very straightforward. Worldbreaker seems like a (slow, but) decent recurring beatstick. The Waste in the main looks like an obvious inclusion. Not sure I like his decision to drop a Exploration, instead of the 2nd Manabond. Would like to read a report, so Russell, if you are Reading this: please write a report. I especially like to read your thoughts on your maindeck-choices.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    The Waste in the main looks like an obvious inclusion. Not sure I like his decision to drop a Exploration, instead of the 2nd Manabond. Would like to read a report, so Russell, if you are Reading this: please write a report. I especially like to read your thoughts on your maindeck-choices.
    How does waste seem like a good card in this deck? We already play at least 16 colorless lands that do something besides produce mana. While I'm not down with wastes I'm all about the 62 card maindeck, and world breaker is a kickass card which definitely merits further testing.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dingo View Post
    How does waste seem like a good card in this deck? We already play at least 16 colorless lands that do something besides produce mana. While I'm not down with wastes I'm all about the 62 card maindeck, and world breaker is a kickass card which definitely merits further testing.
    Because of the beatstick, which can only be cast with colorless mana. I never said it's good, but if you want to cast, EDIT: return to hand, World Breaker under a Blood Moon (our biggest nemesis) you will need a Waste. That's why it is an obvious inclusion in the 75, but perhaps not the 60.

EDIT: then again, World Breaker seems very very slow.
    Last edited by Chatto; 06-27-2016 at 09:14 AM.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Extra background from the Lands player on a Reddit thread:

Nah you don't have to start with 4 exploration, really you just want to make sure that you have 8-9 acceleration effects, which are usually 4 mox diamond 4 exploration 1 manabond. I recently swapped over to two manabond because I found that when I drop a manabond that game is usually over really quickly.

As far as world breaker goes, we have too many miracles and main deck blood moon decks in my local meta, I needed an uncounterable solution that I could loam through, going to 62 with worldbreaker and wastes seemed like the plan.

I'd personally rather play riftstone portal + worm harvest if that's what they were going for but good on the pilot for making it work well enough to top 8 a classic! It's always good to see new tech and get the wheels turning in everyone's mind.

Thread Information