Page 230 of 254 FirstFirst ... 130180220226227228229230231232233234240 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Re: [Primer] R/G Combo Lands

Quote Originally Posted by filln View Post
    Any opportunity you have to play Beta cards, you seize that opportunity. Burning Wish makes that possible since Tsunami is a sorcery. Boil has seen play in the past during Miracles dominance but it's an instant.
    Your post brings me to the most basic question for a lands deck. So basic that I don't know if I already asked for it. That one special card we all have in our deck: The basic forest. What version do you use for your deck?
    May it be a beta forest, an unglued one, full-art, foiled, non-foiled or white-bordered or maybe a guru land... What is it?

Well yes... Mine is a beta.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Beta forest to match the duals

Quote Originally Posted by OldSpellMaster View Post
    Your post brings me to the most basic question for a lands deck. So basic that I don't know if I already asked for it. That one special card we all have in our deck: The basic forest. What version do you use for your deck?
    May it be a beta forest, an unglued one, full-art, foiled, non-foiled or white-bordered or maybe a guru land... What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    Beta forest to match the duals
    I had the same idea... But missing beta duals
    But hey, a good start...

To be more accurate: In training I use collectors edition duals. But in tournaments... Well...

Yeah I rocked a revised one until I got the duals. I don't really like any of the full art lands or anything foil so beta B always ends up winning.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Of course Beta! Mine too :-)
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Of course Beta! Mine too :-)
    using unlimited myself (the one with the tree front and center), the new unstable forest may sway me though. I like it so much it's actually my phone wallpaper at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyl3lazer View Post
    What is that? I love the little orange M on it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Mar 2013

A test card, it should never have left the factory. I think the ones that are wild were stolen. Fucking rare.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    Bwish kinda bridges the gap between RUG and RG, as it can sweep (dreams) and deal with all permanents (breach) like EE, without taking deckspace as it's loam 5 to 7-8 as well. And retains the explosiveness of classic RG.
    i've seen this list http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=115059
    congrats to david long, again.

but i'd want to add for burning wish targets: toxic deluge and tsunami and reverent silence and anarchy... going spicy!

Quick note: made a 4-0 at a legacy champs qualifier with a pretty standard RG list. I'll post a deck list when I have a moment.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

4th Edition Korean, signed by the late Christopher Rush

It's my lovely.

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

Quote Originally Posted by barfly View Post
    Quick note: made a 4-0 at a legacy champs qualifier with a pretty standard RG list. I'll post a deck list when I have a moment.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    I've come back to my one true love: RGCL. I've set aside my Pile of cards and my blue cards for a mission: Get a bye for Legacy Champs.

I had a little spice in the sideboard, namely Ramunap Excavator and a Green Sun's Zenith.

Here's the starting 60:

1 Windswept Heath
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Wooded Foothills
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    1 Barbarian Ring
    1 Forest
    1 Glacial Chasm
    2 Tranquil Thicket
    3 Maze of Ith
    4 Thespian's Stage
    4 Wasteland
    1 Karakas
    3 Dark Depths
    4 Ghost Quarter
    3 Taiga
    1 Bojuka Bog

4 Gamble
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Life from the Loam
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    4 Exploration
    4 Punishing Fire
    4 Crop Rotation

This might be the first time I've ever registered the fourth Crop Rotation and it was good, finally, with Miracles gone. My Sideboard was:

3 Krosan Grip
    3 Sphere of Resistance
    3 Chalice of the Void
    1 Ramunap Excavator
    4 Tireless Tracker
    1 Green Sun's Zenith

I didn't use Chalices or Spheres all day; it was a day of green sideboard cards. The GSZ was a hedge on how good I expected the green creatures to be and it paid off. I would be lying if I didn't look at it as a form of super late game decking prevention, too. I cast it once and it was amazing.

The matchups looked like:

Round 1

UB Reanimator. I went first and barfed my hand onto the table. My opponent ended up discarding to hand size, revealing Iona, while I went old school on their life total with Barbarian Ring. I found a Bog to get Iona outta there and went to town with Punishing Fire before the concession. In Game 2 he Entomed an Ashen Rider and then did nothing else. He never threatened a reanimation spell, which was very weird. This is not usually a winnable match.

2-0, 1-0 overall

Round 2

I faced Turbo Depths

He starts game 1 off on the play with a needle on Wasteland. It didn't matter because I am able to Crop Rotation for Karakas to save my life after he makes a 20/20 (I forced the action with a Ghost Quarter). I took control after that and was able to dominate the game. In game 2 I made a mistake, using a Ghost Quarter on a non-Ghost Quarter land and conceded to the impending "Ghost quarter on my Maze of Ith" once I realized the error. I even made a mental note that I had to hit his GQ but flubbed because I GSZ'd up Excavator and thought I'd just destroy all his lands (oops). I win game 3 without much difficulty, thanks to Tireless Tracker and just never putting a card into my graveyard to enable his two Surgical Extractions. :)

2-1, 2-0 overall

Round 3

Pox... this match sucked because of how it ended. We know that we'll win game 1 almost every time, and I did, through Chalice of the Void on 0 stranding two moxes in my keep. Game two was much more involved: he began with Leyline of the Void in play. He had the early beats with Nether Spirit threatening my life total and Liliana of the Veil to threaten ultimate, which he hit (separating: Taiga, Grove vs Stage [copying Swamp] and Depths; he had a Wasteland). I got Tireless Tracker going, which died, and then I was able to K-grip the Leyline and get Loam going. He plays an Ensnaring Bridge a turn before I make a 20/20 on his end step. He had Tabernacle out (?) and I skipped to my draw step, dredging Loam, pausing with 2 K-grips in my hand for the dredging as he calls a judge to try and get the Marit Lage destroyed. He was wrong, of course, and then conceded. During sideboard he realized he had the Bridge and then I realized too. Judge said "sorry, you scooped and signed the slip and turned it in." Felt really really bad, but a win is a win. :|

2-0, 3-0 overall

Round 4

There are three 3-0s and I have to dodge the Tezzerator guy that has maindeck Leyline and Ensaring bridge. I get my wish and get paired to Death and Taxes (yes!) for the first time since Sanctum Prelate was printed. I was worried that Prelate would just blank my deck and is why I played RUG lands for a while and why I put the 4th Rotation back in. I took this in two decisive games, using Crop Rotation to get Barbarian Ring to deal with Prelate in both games. Rest in Peace got me in game two but it didn't matter: I had all my Tireless Trackers in play at one point and he was forced into The Abyss to stay alive, losing material at an unsustainable rate.

2-0, 4-0 overall. Not a bad day. This isn't a Vintage forum but I also picked up the Vintage bye the same afternoon playing dredge. Booya!
    Last edited by barcode; 10-16-2017 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Forgot to actually list the 4 Crop Rotation, even though I noted them in text.

I am a huge fan of Green/Black decks (no, i am not running black in my lands deck for Bob or whatever you kids are doing these days) so I own a bunch of the MPS promo Swamps and Forests. I use them for my Basics in almost every deck I run, and R/G lands is no exception.

So you know how some people are running deaths shadow in legacy now for reasons I will never understand? Well, I got to kill a Deaths Shadow using Grove twice this weekend and that felt pretty good.

Jun 2010
    Germany

Forest: 7th Edition Foil by John Avon (bright light), signed

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by patrickjdoyle View Post
    So you know how some people are running deaths shadow in legacy now for reasons I will never understand? Well, I got to kill a Deaths Shadow using Grove twice this weekend and that felt pretty good.
    The reason is that the deck is rather powerful and it's cheap. It's the only deck in Legacy where shocks are optimal land choices. This makes it appealing and it's also fast and efficient at its Delverish role.

I posted this up on discord but I want to put it here too: (This is written after I played a RUG build with Drops in the side.)

I have been giving it some thought. With things as they are right now I think the better version for Enhancement based hate (Read Drop) is going to be R/G. Simply, the version with ease of access to cycling lands is in a better place to find these cards. The cost is you really have to run at least 2. So you have some measure of defence against milling over your desired target.

The advantage of having access to EE is you can loop it. The disadvantages are that it's intensive mana wise, is not often a strong early play and you do not get ahead while looping it.

Too this last point. I had to loop a EE twice against a deck running TNN and Jace. I did not have access to 4 colours. I could not pressure the Jace and deal with the TNN. So I slipped behind. While I could have drawn, I was also being Fatesealed. (I had lost my Loam to a Clique) While that is likely to be an uncommon situation, it does show how much of a tempo loss EE can be.

The reason is that the deck is rather powerful and it's cheap. It's the only deck in Legacy where shocks are optimal land choices. This makes it appealing and it's also fast and efficient at its Delverish role.

I posted this up on discord but I want to put it here too: (This is written after I played a RUG build with Drops in the side.)

I have been giving it some thought. With things as they are right now I think the better version for Enhancement based hate (Read Drop) is going to be R/G. Simply, the version with ease of access to cycling lands is in a better place to find these cards. The cost is you really have to run at least 2. So you have some measure of defence against milling over your desired target.

The advantage of having access to EE is you can loop it. The disadvantages are that it's intensive mana wise, is not often a strong early play and you do not get ahead while looping it.

Too this last point. I had to loop a EE twice against a deck running TNN and Jace. I did not have access to 4 colours. I could not pressure the Jace and deal with the TNN. So I slipped behind. While I could have drawn, I was also being Fatesealed. (I had lost my Loam to a Clique) While that is likely to be an uncommon situation, it does show how much of a tempo loss EE can be.
    Again, I love EE because
    - I like the control (with blue)
    - I can find it with Tolaria West
    - I can loop it and therefore
    - it is not lost when in the grave (countered, gambled away, loamed...)
    - it destroys everything, not only creatures (but yes, no high casting costs or indestructibles)

Never want to miss it.

Mar 2013

I don't run West anymore. Cutting it also let's you go to one Tropical, the space is a godsend. Also once the Cycling U/G land is printed I don't see myself even playing a Tropical.

I think this is a common situation for most RUG hybrid builds these days. (Not full control builds.)

Thread Information