Page 252 of 254 FirstFirst ... 152202242248249250251252253254 LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Nov 2014
    Geneva

Re: [Primer] R/G Lands

Quote Originally Posted by filln View Post
    Unfortunately Solemnity also interacts unfavorably with Blast Zone. That said, I'm a huge fan of the card and will be testing it. Also love Throes of Chaos if only for the flavor, art, and effect.
    About the interaction Solemnity w/ Blast Zone, in the MUs where we need to play the last one, I guess we could simply not play Solemnity then.

And about Thores of Chaos, I am surprised to see that none of the new lists including Wrenn & Six intend to play it!

I don't have a lot of time to play / test at the moment, so I have to choose between testing Wrenn & Six / Thores of Chaos or R/Gw lists. Still haven't made my choice! ^^

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

My lands list top 8'd a 42 person tournament in AZ yesterday (I was casting).

I think he misplayed in the top 8 to lose to the new UR Delver hotness with Dreadhorde Arcanist.

Meta is opening up for Lands as people are backing off of real mass graveyard hate and relying on surgical extractions.

I also won my League match on the back of some ruthless Tireless Trackers in the face of a ton of wastelands/ghost quarters and surgical extractions. Tracker is outrageously powerful post board.

Can't wait to see how decks look post the next release!
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    My lands list top 8'd a 42 person tournament in AZ yesterday (I was casting).

I think he misplayed in the top 8 to lose to the new UR Delver hotness with Dreadhorde Arcanist.

Meta is opening up for Lands as people are backing off of real mass graveyard hate and relying on surgical extractions.

I also won my League match on the back of some ruthless Tireless Trackers in the face of a ton of wastelands/ghost quarters and surgical extractions. Tracker is outrageously powerful post board.

Can't wait to see how decks look post the next release!
    Speaking of UR Delver, how do you think Lands fares against that deck? I fear it could be faster than Lands (apart from very fast combo hands) and a less susceptible to our control part because of so many basics and arcanist having a body out of the range of a single PFire.
    Ignorance is strength

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by kingtk3 View Post
    Speaking of UR Delver, how do you think Lands fares against that deck? I fear it could be faster than Lands (apart from very fast combo hands) and a less susceptible to our control part because of so many basics and arcanist having a body out of the range of a single PFire.
    UR Delver is a creature deck that wins through attacking, sign me up! I feel heavily favored against all Delver decks that don’t include DRS.

I have typically overwhelmed them with Loam game 1 and prisoner them out games 2 and 3 with sphere of resistance. I could see situations where Arcanist is really good, but Tabernacle is still better.

Feb 2015
    Germany, Bamberg

Quote Originally Posted by kingtk3 View Post
    If you don't play many Price of Progress or Blood Moons, I would say Lands is probably around 65% to 70% in favor. Played a few times against Arcanist-based Lists and they always loose to Sphere, Choke, Tabernacle, Ghost Quarter, Port or simply Marit Lage. The value of Arcanist is very redundant, if the mana denial plan works, because casting cantrips from your grave is not much better than casting it from your hand, if you dont have much mana to act. So its basically a more expensive Delver with a way worse clock that I don't really care about. It will die to Tabernacle or become raised by Marit Lage sooner or later.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Things 25
    4 Explorations
    4 Mox Diamonds

4 Crop Rotation
    3 Gamble

2 Wren and Six
    1 Sylvan Library

4 Life from the Loam
    3 Punishing Fire

Lands 35
    4 Wasteland
    4 Rishadan Port
    1 Blast Zome
    1 Barbarian Ring
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Thespian Stage
    3 Dark Depths
    2 Green Fetch (Foothills/heath)
    3 card draw lands(thicket/thicket/Canopy)
    2 Taiga
    1 Forest
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas
    1 Ghost Quarter
    4 Grove of the burnwillows
    1 tabernacle at pendrel vale

Sideboard
    3 Force of Vigor
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    3 Choke
    3 Tireless Tracker
    1 Ancient Tomb
    1 Schenanigans

Barbarian Ring/Canopy/Cyclers/Ghost Quarter/Wasteland/fetchlands are all really good with Wren and it makes repeated Bojuka Bog a lot easier. Force in the sideboard let’s you kill Blood Moon And Back to basics no matter what and makes room for recurring artifact destruction. DnT should be much easier, as well as a blessing against the blood moon decks.

This is my starting point for the new set, hesitant to cut all Sylvan libraries as the card is really good,
    Last edited by lavafrogg; 06-07-2019 at 03:34 AM.

Nov 2014
    Geneva

Things 25
    [...]
    Force in the sideboard let’s you kill Blood Moon And Back to basics no matter what and makes room for recurring artifact destruction.
    [...]
    Are we sure we want Force of Nature instead of Krosan Grip?
    Because the uncounterability of Grip is pretty relevant in some matchups, like Blue control with B2B (Miracle, Blade Control) or blue decks with Blood Moon (Sneak&Show, Grixis Control).
    Plus, we play only 15 green cards, 11 wenn you think that you will almost always try to play exploration if you have it. And since we dredge a lot, we often do not have green cards in hand other than Loam.)
    The card is really good against DnT, but we're just improved this matchup by with wrenn and six anyways.
    True, against Bombermann it's better (although it won't get you out of the Mycosynth Lattice + Karn lock), but at the moment, there's still more blue controls decks + S&S out there.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgobs View Post
    Are we sure we want Force of Nature instead of Krosan Grip?
    Because the uncounterability of Grip is pretty relevant in some matchups, like Blue control with B2B (Miracle, Blade Control) or blue decks with Blood Moon (Sneak&Show, Grixis Control).
    Plus, we play only 15 green cards, 11 wenn you think that you will almost always try to play exploration if you have it. And since we dredge a lot, we often do not have green cards in hand other than Loam.)
    The card is really good against DnT, but we're just improved this matchup by with wrenn and six anyways.
    True, against Bombermann it's better (although it won't get you out of the Mycosynth Lattice + Karn lock), but at the moment, there's still more blue controls decks + S&S out there.
    Cards are not legal yet, but this is my current testing configuration.

With the blue matchups- I feel very favored over the blue control matchups, and the force is a great way to hit multiple problems ie counterbalance/b2b or Sword/b2b. I am much more concerned with all of my non blue matchups where force is going to be extremely strong....DnT/Goblins/Stompy/Storm, especially as turn 0 interaction against blood moon.

S+S isn’t a match I really worry about as our decks don’t really interact, we make a 20/20 fast(or prison them out G2 with sphere/choke/port) or we die.

Sep 2012
    NoVA

I'm interested in trying out solitary confinement with the new Enchantcademy Ruins card. Wrenn and Six and punishing fire + grove pay for it every turn if the game state is such that we'll just win (more cards in library that opponent, marit lage in play but they have blockers) and loam + cylcer means we can advance the board state if we need it to stall for time. It's also just a permanent fog with against with opponents that have no reach and have to win in the attack step. It's more powerful than solemnity but somewhat less flexible.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by lithiux View Post
    I'm interested in trying out solitary confinement with the new Enchantcademy Ruins card. Wrenn and Six and punishing fire + grove pay for it every turn if the game state is such that we'll just win (more cards in library that opponent, marit lage in play but they have blockers) and loam + cylcer means we can advance the board state if we need it to stall for time. It's also just a permanent fog with against with opponents that have no reach and have to win in the attack step. It's more powerful than solemnity but somewhat less flexible.
    Very similar to the RUG versions, the RGw versions with Heliod’s Hall are going to be very slow in what they do. I don’t think anyone I have seen is having much success in a traditional sense.

There might be some sort of Enchantment Control list that pops up, but I don’t think it will be a lands deck in a traditional sense.

The best I have seen is recurring enchantments we already play against control decks... Choke, exploration, Library.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Just drew into the top 8 of a 6 week legacy league with straight RG.

Lost to Sneak round 1

Then Beat

Nic Fit
    DnT
    Karn and Taxes
    12 Post

Drew against Burn

Last hurrah before Wren and Force!

MVP so far has been blast zone.

New edit: has anyone experimented with Burning Wish in Wren builds? Wren with DD seems obnoxious as well as Wren freeing up mana and additional draws with the +1
    Last edited by lavafrogg; 06-13-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

sure, RG Lands is the defacto lands deck but i love me some BUG control...

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by non-inflammable View Post
    sure, RG Lands is the defacto lands deck but i love me some BUG control...

Seven is just a ridiculous number, maybe 3-4 different names and this would be playable.

Seven is just a ridiculous number, maybe 3-4 different names and this would be playable.
    It might be playable in a burning wish version, with scapeshift in the sideboard?
    Getting 7 unique lands (including stage depths) would result in 7 tokens and a Marit Lage follow up.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

How has everyone done in testing with the new set?

Force of Vigor and Schenenigans have been killing it for me, have not sleeved up Wren yet.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

How has everyone done in testing with the new set?

Force of Vigor and Schenenigans have been killing it for me, have not sleeved up Wren yet.
    Gonna keep the train going.

Sleeping up a Heliod’s list for FNM tomorrow

3 Gamble
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Life from the Loam

4 Mox Diamond
    4 Exploration

2 Sylvan Library
    1 Molten Vortex

3 Punishing Fire

2 Taiga
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    4 Thespian’s Stage
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    3 Dark Depths
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Scattered Grove
    1 Tranquil Thicket
    1 Wooded Foothills
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Blast Zone
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Hall of Heliod’s Generosity
    1 Tabernacle at Pendrel Vale
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Forest
    1 Karakas
    1 Glacial Chasm

Board
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    2 Cindervines
    3 Tireless Tracker
    3 Force of Vigor
    2 Choke
    1 Drop of Honey

So many one of’s But I am happy with the list, especially for testing purposes. The fact that the white splash is already in the mana base and that none of the “splash” cards are actually white makes this super low risk. Cindervines seems like gas in B2B control matchups, also against storm (obviously) to help tracker get there.

Edit: 4-0 at FNM tonight

2-0 Post - turn 2 or 3 20/20, game 2 Force of vigor killed 2x Chalice, ensnaring bridge and spyglass
    2-0 Goblins - fast 20/20 game 1, fires+ drop game while port and Wasteland did work
    2-0 Miracles - we both durdled, he tapped out for a Narset I cropped for Depths to kill him, game 2 I had 4 ports active and was able to tap all of his white sources
    2-1 Eldrazi- fast 20/20 game 1, game 2 I died to Sylvan Library and draw8ng nothing, game 3 he went eye, mimicx2, I wastelanded and played tabernacle and he scooped

List felt great, mana vortex was a card as well as drop of honey. Cindervines is another answer to B2B and other problems while also helping in cantrips matchups.
    Last edited by lavafrogg; 06-22-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Nov 2014
    Geneva

Gonna keep the train going.

Sleeping up a Heliod’s list for FNM tomorrow

3 Gamble
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Life from the Loam

4 Mox Diamond
    4 Exploration

2 Sylvan Library
    1 Molten Vortex

3 Punishing Fire

2 Taiga
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    4 Thespian’s Stage
    4 Rishadan Port
    4 Wasteland
    3 Dark Depths
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Scattered Grove
    1 Tranquil Thicket
    1 Wooded Foothills
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Blast Zone
    1 Maze of Ith
    1 Hall of Heliod’s Generosity
    1 Tabernacle at Pendrel Vale
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Forest
    1 Karakas
    1 Glacial Chasm

Board
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    2 Cindervines
    3 Tireless Tracker
    3 Force of Vigor
    2 Choke
    1 Drop of Honey

So many one of’s But I am happy with the list, especially for testing purposes. The fact that the white splash is already in the mana base and that none of the “splash” cards are actually white makes this super low risk. Cindervines seems like gas in B2B control matchups, also against storm (obviously) to help tracker get there.

Edit: 4-0 at FNM tonight

2-0 Post - turn 2 or 3 20/20, game 2 Force of vigor killed 2x Chalice, ensnaring bridge and spyglass
    2-0 Goblins - fast 20/20 game 1, fires+ drop game while port and Wasteland did work
    2-0 Miracles - we both durdled, he tapped out for a Narset I cropped for Depths to kill him, game 2 I had 4 ports active and was able to tap all of his white sources
    2-1 Eldrazi- fast 20/20 game 1, game 2 I died to Sylvan Library and draw8ng nothing, game 3 he went eye, mimicx2, I wastelanded and played tabernacle and he scooped

List felt great, mana vortex was a card as well as drop of honey. Cindervines is another answer to B2B and other problems while also helping in cantrips matchups.
    Thanks for the sharing and gg for the result!
    1) I was wondering, with such a list, what are your in / out against Miracle?
    2) Did Heliod do something? In my own games with Heliod-list, I never really had the opportunity to make it count. The only thing was that beeing able to recurr vortex felt great... but having more W means less R, which sucks for vortex especially.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Thanks for the sharing and gg for the result!
    1) I was wondering, with such a list, what are your in / out against Miracle?
    2) Did Heliod do something? In my own games with Heliod-list, I never really had the opportunity to make it count. The only thing was that beeing able to recurr vortex felt great... but having more W means less R, which sucks for vortex especially.
    For Miracles,

-4 Crop Rotation
    -3 Gamble
    -1 karakas
    -1 tabernacle
    -1 maze of ith
    -1 glacial chasm

+4 Sphere of Resistance
    +2 cindervine
    +2 choke
    +3 Tireless Tracker

Match feels really favored, with Back to Basics as the only out they really have. I take the aggressive prison route and Heliod's makes sure that Choke will resolve eventually. I usually end games with 4+ ports on the board.

Heliod's obviously excels in the matchups where you are playing the prison role, so far I have recurred Explorations game 1, after it was forced, chokes game 2 and I have drop-locked DnT game post board. Always having cindervines post board is also a great way to get around blood moon and back to basics.

I am also only playing -1 rg cycler +1 rw cycler for my mana base, which I rarely ever play anyways.

Nov 2014
    Geneva

For Miracles,

-4 Crop Rotation
    -3 Gamble
    -1 karakas
    -1 tabernacle
    -1 maze of ith
    -1 glacial chasm

+4 Sphere of Resistance
    +2 cindervine
    +2 choke
    +3 Tireless Tracker

Match feels really favored, with Back to Basics as the only out they really have. I take the aggressive prison route and Heliod's makes sure that Choke will resolve eventually. I usually end games with 4+ ports on the board.

Heliod's obviously excels in the matchups where you are playing the prison role, so far I have recurred Explorations game 1, after it was forced, chokes game 2 and I have drop-locked DnT game post board. Always having cindervines post board is also a great way to get around blood moon and back to basics.

I am also only playing -1 rg cycler +1 rw cycler for my mana base, which I rarely ever play anyways.
    Thanks for the answer! =)

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Thanks for the answer! =)
    No problem, it is a great time to play lands (and legacy in general) and I am still fighting the good fight here on the Source.

Thread Information