Page 246 of 254 FirstFirst ... 146196236242243244245246247248249250 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Re: [Primer] R/G Lands

this is what my list currently looks like. With the heavy meta shift i went back to a more basic list before i try something cute.

Maindeck (60)
    4 Crop Rotation
    4 Gamble
    4 Life from the Loam
    3 Punishing Fire
    4 Mox Diamond
    4 Exploration
    1 Manabond
    1 Ancient Tomb
    1 Barbarian Ring
    1 Bojuka Bog
    4 Dark Depths
    1 Forest
    1 Glacial Chasm
    4 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Horizon Canopy
    1 Karakas
    2 Maze of Ith
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Riftstone Portal
    3 Rishadan Port
    2 Taiga
    1 The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
    4 Thespian's Stage
    1 Tranquil Thicket
    4 Wasteland
    1 Windswept Heath
    1 Wooded Foothills

Sideboard (15)
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Krosan Grip
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Drop of Honey
    1 Choke

Quote Originally Posted by inevitablepnut View Post
    Sideboard (15)
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Krosan Grip
    4 Sphere of Resistance
    1 Trinisphere
    1 Drop of Honey
    1 Choke
    Do you all play some Surgical Extractions, Faerie Macabre or Leyline of the Void now?
    Would Helm of Obedience be a good SB card again. If you play LotV or the opponent plays RiP, this could be a funny alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSpellMaster View Post
    Do you all play some Surgical Extractions, Faerie Macabre or Leyline of the Void now?
    Would Helm of Obedience be a good SB card again. If you play LotV or the opponent plays RiP, this could be a funny alternative.
    I think that a little too cute. Extra gravehate is good to have in the board. I like surgical the most. Leyline feels greedy to me. I like tormods if I'm playing rug.

Quote Originally Posted by inevitablepnut View Post
    I think that a little too cute. Extra gravehate is good to have in the board. I like surgical the most. Leyline feels greedy to me. I like tormods if I'm playing rug.
    I almost forgot the tormonds. Could be a good one too (and I do play Tolaria West to tutor for it). But could be countered, stifled, pithingneedled and does nothing on the draw if he goes off the first turn.

Scavenging Ooze is another one coming to my mind (it's played in 4c loam). But it would cost you 3 mana to get rid of one card in one turn. It does nothing if you're on the draw and he goes off the first turn.

I like the fearies so far. Against Reanimator, you can even exile two creatures on a Exhume and you'll have a body on the battlefield (and he none). It costs no life, you can safe your own cards from Surgical Extraction (and even exile one of his cards the same time). It cannot be countered by counterspells. So it would have to be stifled or pithingneedled. And it 'could' be played as creature ;-)
    And... it is a cheap card compared to some others...

Leyline... well you need one in your opening hand. I don't like to mulligan just for that. Any Leyline you draw is some kind of dead. In addition to that: Every grave-deck is prepared to this with removals.

Surgical Extraction is good. Not an easy one between that and fearies. Pro: It gets rid of the one really nasty card in opponent's deck, but normally, there's more than one.

I think, every of those cards will do the same: Buy some time. But none will win us a match.

So one of the C18 commander deck themes is "Jund Lands," maybe be hopeful of a new card?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyl3lazer View Post
    So one of the C18 commander deck themes is "Jund Lands," maybe be hopeful of a new card?
    I really hope for a new card for Lands in an eternal format.i mean, what was the last useful card in none-modern for us? Rishadan Port, Tranquil Thicket?

Maybe a new kind of tabernacle taxing something else or new Academy Ruin... New support spells. Grave saves...
    A new ability like 'immunity' to make land etc immune to global effects like moon or back to basics...
    Please let it be something.i waited so long...

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

None-modern? Are you deliberately ignoring Dark Depths, Ghost Quarter, Sheltered Thicket, Bojuka Bog, Grove of the Burnwillows, Verdant Catacombs, Thespian Stage, Academy Ruins, Punishing Fire, Life from the Loam, Tireless Tracker, Molten Vortex, Krosan Grip and Chalice of the Void?

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    None-modern? Are you deliberately ignoring Dark Depths, Ghost Quarter, Sheltered Thicket, Bojuka Bog, Grove of the Burnwillows, Verdant Catacombs, Thespian Stage, Academy Ruins, Punishing Fire, Life from the Loam, Tireless Tracker, Molten Vortex, Krosan Grip and Chalice of the Void?
    I mean a card not designed in modern limits. A power card designed to only work in eternal formats like Leovold or True-Name Nemesis... But for Lands.
    Sure there are some good cards in modern from time to time. But look at the 'new' Strip Mine in red which came out. In an eternal set, the costs wouldn't be so unplayable ;-)

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

I see, but still, all of those cards are Lands staples, despite being created for T2/Standard initially.

I see, but still, all of those cards are Lands staples, despite being created for T2/Standard initially.
    I'd like to see something new for Lands on a powerlevel compared to Tabernacle or Maze of Ith and not 'just' to a Sheltered Thicket.
    And I'd like to see that powercard as land, not just a supporting card. The last standalone powerful land it's some time ago (maybe Academy Ruins, GQ or Bojuka Bog).

Do you think that the match versus infect is favorable? Which is your plan versus infect?

Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    Do you think that the match versus infect is favorable? Which is your plan versus infect?
    The matchup is favorable, because everything we do (Pfire, manadenial, Chasm/Maze, Marit Lage) is effective against them.
    Still, they can win out of nowhere and you need a decent start of your own.

You need to control/kill all creatures they play, especially early in the game.
    They need to kill us fast, because their odds against recursive Pfires or wastelands become worse the longer the game goes.
    They will aim for a window of opportunity with pumpspells and softcounters for protecion.
    Be aware of what they can do (especially Vines as it bypasses Maze), and preferably keep a crop for Chasm as ultimate protection.
    Cropping early for a Chasm if you didn't have a great start can also buy you the time you need to build up mana for recursive Pfires/loams, as they have a hard time beating the card.

There's a white splash version of infect with Rip, Swords and possible Absolute Law, which is harder to beat.
    I usually board in all KGrips, even if I'm not sure it's a white splash, because you can always destroy their Blinkmoths, or a lone Needle/Library.
    I don't board cards like Tracker, as its too slow for me in this matchup.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

I'd like to see something new for Lands on a powerlevel compared to Tabernacle or Maze of Ith and not 'just' to a Sheltered Thicket.
    And I'd like to see that powercard as land, not just a supporting card. The last standalone powerful land it's some time ago (maybe Academy Ruins, GQ or Bojuka Bog).
    Okay, so you pick the card with the least impact out of the 14 (or so) cards...

I get it, you want new toys, but it's not like Lands players are really in a position to cry about a lack of new additions in the last years.

Okay, so you pick the card with the least impact out of the 14 (or so) cards...

I get it, you want new toys, but it's not like Lands players are really in a position to cry about a lack of new additions in the last years.
    You sound like you don't want new tools.
    I was just waiting and hoping for a really cool land in a commander battlebond or whatever eternal set. But nothing happened. There were just cards which almost created new archetypes.
    Again: There are some modern legal cards for us which are really good. Loam is the backbone and is modern legal. But these good cards are still built for modern. Wizards seams to be afraid of printing strong modern legal lands (my opinion; supporting cards are a little better maybe). But now, with an eternal deck announced for lands, there must be a good one in it.
    Sure I mentioned the worst land of the last years. A psychological thing ;-)
    But still: The last standalone power-lands... It's some time...
    And I don't count dark depths or punishing fire. They combo by accident;-)

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Your polemics are better suited if you want to join the abysmal clusterfuck of the B&R thread. Go play there.

As for your wish: Wizards ditched making lands without mana abilities, if I recall correctly - and lands with mana abilities won't get near the powerlevel of the old days, unfortunately (or maybe it's good, since I want to keep playing my Tabernacle in Legacy). But who knows, maybe we get at least a decent card to look forward to.

Your polemics are better suited if you want to join the abysmal clusterfuck of the B&R thread. Go play there.

As for your wish: Wizards ditched making lands without mana abilities, if I recall correctly - and lands with mana abilities won't get near the powerlevel of the old days, unfortunately (or maybe it's good, since I want to keep playing my Tabernacle in Legacy). But who knows, maybe we get at least a decent card to look forward to.
    Sure, this is not the right thread to discuss non-existing cards, sorry for that.
    I was just excited that Wizards will create an eternal set with the Lands topic and was hoping for a Lands card, where they don't have to look at the modern limitations (so they can do some 'wilder' things). Sorry for that too.
    (Btw.: The most powerful lands without mana abilities are even modern legal and are called fetch-lands. So even more is possible... But nothing will happen so you will not be able to play your tabernacle... even if they print a more powerful land than it's possible in modern)

speaking of new lands tho.. When will they finish the cycle and give us Sanctum Ruins?!?!

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

So even more is possible... But nothing will happen so you will not be able to play your tabernacle... even if they print a more powerful land than it's possible in modern)
    Why won't I be able to play Tabernacle? You seem to have misunderstood my post. If they don't print something that makes Lands the best deck, there is a higher chance I can continue playing the deck, as it's still viable, but not too strong/broken.

Why won't I be able to play Tabernacle? You seem to have misunderstood my post. If they don't print something that makes Lands the best deck, there is a higher chance I can continue playing the deck, as it's still viable, but not too strong/broken.
    Sorry. English is not my native language. I wanted to say it like you mean it: I hope for a gem, but it will not be so broken that you won't be able to play Lands/Tabernacle. It won't be so broken that everyone wants to play Lands.

Thread Information