Page 242 of 254 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252 ... LastLast
Results 4,821 to 4,840 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Re: [Primer] R/G Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    This has been one of the things that has hit me hardest this last week. All the people on the Lands Discord who have said they can no longer finish the deck.
    Yeah, the reprint policy sucks ass.

Worst thing is that Lands is arguably the best deck to "stick it" to Grixis and Czech good-stuff that seem to be dominating the top8s. Lands has 3 things holding it back from taking its rightful place as format police:
    1. An unpopular play style.
    2. Momentum - most people feel safer carbon copying the "best deck" rather than meta-gaming against it.
    3. A key card that simply will never exist in anywhere near the same quantities as the "good-stuff" staples.
    And the format suffers as a result.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

I would routinely run Academy Ruins with no true blue source in my deck.

Gonna try that now with Raven's Crime but with Bojuka Bog in the main.
    My matches against the blue stew just seem to drag on forever like the old miracles with top.
    My last blue stew oppnent drew about 9 cards in one turn between Sylvan Library, Ponders, Brainstorms and Strixes... yuck

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    Yeah, the reprint policy sucks ass.
    I sold an italian SP tabernacle to a yugioh player that converted to EDH for $600.
    He was asking people for weeks and I finally agreed since he's a solid guy and will jump in and play legacy if i bring a deck for him.

In the B&R thread, someone responded to my post ^^ by replying they just bough an english tabernacle for 600 euros.

The people that complain about the reserve list should just be motivated to go get that ONE card they need and move on.
    Once you get that ONE card, is it ever gonna really drop in price? Stop complaining and get motivated...

I missed out on Drop of Honey eventhough I thought it was good tech against True-name. I waited too long since I didn't have $150 six months ago.
    Now, if I want one, I really have to put in EFFORT and TIME and PATIENCE: (ETP) and maybe even money and whatever tradeables I can scrape up.

Don't walk into a car dealership and say you need a car "right now" and expect anything but a good price...

The reason I waited on Drop was I wanted to get 4 Foil Mox Diamond. It took months of (ETP) I had to trade away good stuff and I had to also spend money...

Quote Originally Posted by non-inflammable View Post
    The people that complain about the reserve list should just be motivated to go get that ONE card they need and move on.
    I don't want more cards. I want a vibrant Legacy scene with ~20+ players showing up weekly like we had here a few years ago.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

I was the one who bought a Tabernacle for 600€ - and I am still 100% on ditching the RL.

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    I was the one who bought a Tabernacle for 600€ - and I am still 100% on ditching the RL.
    Just proves my point that the most insane RL cards can still be found and acquired.

Ditching the RL will not (in the numbers you want) increase attendance in Legacy.
    For the last FIVE years, I have routinely brought 5 or 6 decks to Legacy FNM.
    If any one wants me to make a custom deck for them, I will. They just have to give me a list and a few hours.

You'd think having access to ANY deck and EVERY card in Legacy would get people to play Legacy... NOPE!
    I get one or two guys show and play for a week or two and then they never come back.

EDH players tell me Legacy is too expensive AFTER i tell them i will make any deck for them. (reread that last sentence)

Most people are entrenched in THEIR format (EDH, Modern, Standard, Whatever) and don't want to get spanked by the Legacy regulars.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Just because I happened to find an incredible deal (mind you, it was someone from our playgroup), doesn't mean those cards are sufficiently available or that their availability and price doesn't hurt the format...geez. This is getting tedious and we already have a thread for this.

Jan 2017
    Poland

Yep, I'd be happy to talk some more deck tech for upcoming events like Eternal Weekend or GP Birmingham than another 2 pages about Tabernacle's prices. We have enough of this already, thank you very much ;)

Jan 2015
    Austin, TX

Hi guys! I've been away for a while, and am starting to ease my way back into Magic. I was intrigued by Damping Sphere. Do you folks think this could be better sideboard tech for us than Sphere of Resistance?

The effect cumulates with each spell cast, making it harder for Storm players to play around it. Also, I'm amused by the fact that it essentially shuts off the "big mana" lands like Ancient Tomb, City of Traitors, etc. What do you guys think? Worth a try?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake0525 View Post
    Hi guys! I've been away for a while, and am starting to ease my way back into Magic. I was intrigued by Damping Sphere. Do you folks think this could be better sideboard tech for us than Sphere of Resistance?

The effect cumulates with each spell cast, making it harder for Storm players to play around it. Also, I'm amused by the fact that it essentially shuts off the "big mana" lands like Ancient Tomb, City of Traitors, etc. What do you guys think? Worth a try?
    I was thinking about that as well. But because it is only a sphere of resistance (or better) AFTER the first spell, the taxing effect is not good enough for me. Good against storm, yes. So maybe a one of? Maybe instead of Trinisphere?

Quote Originally Posted by OldSpellMaster View Post
    I was thinking about that as well. But because it is only a sphere of resistance (or better) AFTER the first spell, the taxing effect is not good enough for me. Good against storm, yes. So maybe a one of? Maybe instead of Trinisphere?
    Damping sphere is better (as a taxing effect) than sphere of resistance starting with the fourth spell !
    Indeed, for 3 spells the total taxes are the same : 0+1+2 = 1+1+1

Quote Originally Posted by Matsaya View Post
    Damping sphere is better (as a taxing effect) than sphere of resistance starting with the fourth spell !
    Indeed, for 3 spells the total taxes are the same : 0+1+2 = 1+1+1
    Yes correct. I wanted to say that damping sphere does nothing against those end of turn brainstorms and early drops (except for those from sol-lands).
    Sphere of resistance is good enough against storm most of the time but an even better sideboard card against other decks.
    I would say, storm has to get rid of any sphere anyway... So let us use the better sphere ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    Loved to play the old Multani during Saga times. Thoughts about the new incarnation?

I will test this one as an alternative postboard wincon, as you can't loose it to dredge, gamble or even manabond, and its basically Surgicalproof. You only need one as you can gamble for it, and Karakas can protect it from plows. So at least worth a testrun!

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Hm. You might have a point.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

There's a new red, hella expensive Strip Mine in Dominaria, but you'd rather just run Ghost Quarter, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Jan 2017
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
    There's a new red, hella expensive Strip Mine in Dominaria, but you'd rather just run Ghost Quarter, right?
    I don't know what you're reffering to.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiktul View Post
    I don't know what you're reffering to.
    Memorial to War. Now let us never speak of this card again.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Oh, Etb tapped and 6 mana total to use? Auto include.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Quote Originally Posted by filln View Post
    Memorial to War. Now let us never speak of this card again.
    I think I'd sooner play Dust Bowl.

The upside to multani is that he can block fliers (like marit lage

Thread Information