Page 227 of 254 FirstFirst ... 127177217223224225226227228229230231237 ... LastLast
Results 4,521 to 4,540 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Re: [DTB] R/G Combo Lands

Quote Originally Posted by rlesko View Post
    How would this card be even mediocre in a Lands shell?
    I think the question is: Is the Lotus Vale ability also deleted by the new Blood Moon rule? I think not. It sais if this would enter the battlefield... So it's not when it enters battlefield or as... It is someting before that and will not be changed. Riftstone Portal will also not be a Mountain in the grave

Jan 2017
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by OldSpellMaster View Post
    I think the question is: Is the Lotus Vale ability also deleted by the new Blood Moon rule? I think not. It sais if this would enter the battlefield... So it's not when it enters battlefield or as... It is someting before that and will not be changed. Riftstone Portal will also not be a Mountain in the grave
    I think looking for a silver bullet to throw into the deck only in case Blood Moon will be in play (which is still bad, if not super bad for us) because obviously we will have a K-Grip ready in hand is a misconception to begin with :)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiktul View Post
    I think looking for a silver bullet to throw into the deck only in case Blood Moon will be in play (which is still bad, if not super bad for us) because obviously we will have a K-Grip ready in hand is a misconception to begin with :)
    Again, we have two questions here: 1. Will the Blood Moon rulechange let Lotus Vale enter the battlefield without having to sacrifice 2 lands? My answer: I don't think so.
    2. If the rulechange WOULD let us play Lotus Vale for 'free', is the card worth to consider a slot?
    My answer: No. Don't put in a card which has only an advantage if opponent plays a special card (in this case, the card will not stop or play through a special card, it would just use opponents card for an advantage)... And Lotus Vale, even if that 'combo' works, is not that super game advantage.
    Well, we play lands. We could even play Lotus Vale and Scorched Ruins how they're meant to be played. And we don't. There's just no need for it.

Oh, we already have a silver bullet for the new rule: DD. It's already in the deck

Aug 2017
    Italy

Again, we have two questions here: 1. Will the Blood Moon rulechange let Lotus Vale enter the battlefield without having to sacrifice 2 lands? My answer: I don't think so.
    2. If the rulechange WOULD let us play Lotus Vale for 'free', is the card worth to consider a slot?
    My answer: No. Don't put in a card which has only an advantage if opponent plays a special card (in this case, the card will not stop or play through a special card, it would just use opponents card for an advantage)... And Lotus Vale, even if that 'combo' works, is not that super game advantage.
    Well, we play lands. We could even play Lotus Vale and Scorched Ruins how they're meant to be played. And we don't. There's just no need for it.

Oh, we already have a silver bullet for the new rule: DD. It's already in the deck
    1. Yes.
    2. i dont think that this card is worth a slot because is too much situational.

Jun 2010
    Germany

Guys, what do you side out vs. Aluren/Food Chain?

Even if it "works" I just don't see why the hell we would be interested in that card. Tapping for 3 is cool I guess. But I'd rather play a land that makes a 20/20 when a blood moon dies instead of a land that taps for 3 mana. We are going to start playing cards that only can do something if our opponents have a blood moon?

Guys, what do you side out vs. Aluren/Food Chain?
    Assuming stock 75 with no splash...I typically play 4 sphere of resistance so I would bring all of those in. Tracker comes in for me too (when DOESN'T this guy come in ). I like having access to ~2 krosan grips (don't want to overload on these, in fact its more for relic / needle than actual food chain ). I trim ~2 crop rotations, a gamble, bad utility lands (like bojuka bog, barbarian ring), manabond (if playing it), glacial chasm.

Granted I came up with his plan before drop of honey was a thing, so maybe chasm + drop could be a pretty nice combo? Not sure.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

I trim ~2 crop rotations, a gamble, bad utility lands (like bojuka bog, barbarian ring), manabond (if playing it), glacial chasm.
    I never played against food chain before, but I assume glacial chasm can stop the food chain combo.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Tidesprout Tyrant is there to f*ck up your day
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I have never won a game after that thing hit the table.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jan 2017
    Poland

Assuming stock 75 with no splash...I typically play 4 sphere of resistance so I would bring all of those in. Tracker comes in for me too (when DOESN'T this guy come in ). I like having access to ~2 krosan grips (don't want to overload on these, in fact its more for relic / needle than actual food chain ). I trim ~2 crop rotations, a gamble, bad utility lands (like bojuka bog, barbarian ring), manabond (if playing it), glacial chasm.

Granted I came up with his plan before drop of honey was a thing, so maybe chasm + drop could be a pretty nice combo? Not sure.
    I would not side out Glacial. In Prague I was able to crop rotate for it in responce to cast of infnite Balista, so I could dig for another K-Grip (first one was taken from me with Collective Brutality ). It's not a great option, yet still a panic button that can do us some good

Quote Originally Posted by Wiktul View Post
    I would not side out Glacial. In Prague I was able to crop rotate for it in responce to cast of infnite Balista, so I could dig for another K-Grip (first one was taken from me with Collective Brutality ). It's not a great option, yet still a panic button that can do us some good
    I'm not leaving in chasm on the off chance that my opponent has assembled his combo and I have rotation + grip (and rotation won't get countered) to perfectly answer it...

Just rotate for chasm alone doesn't beat ballista - I'm going to craft a gameplan that will prevent him from getting to that point.

EDIT it seems I understand your post better now. Can you share your full boarding plan? I don't want to rely on rotating for a land against a blue deck without wasteland. I typically trim or cut entirely crop rotations against blue decks without wasteland.

Foodchain is a hard deck to board against, because it's somewhere in between fair / unfair. Preboard we have no removal for enchantments or artifacts, Griffins are a tad to big for Pfire (post-foodchain, removal doesn't work anyway), they are resilient to manadenial (some basics + deathrite), and Griffins can chumpblock Marit Lage all day with foodchain on the table. Basically it ain't a good matchup to grind out.

So we shouldn't, and postboard I focus on comboing as fast as possible while slowing him down; keeping all combopieces and crops in, while relying on spheres + manadenial + Kgrip on foodchain + Pfire on Deathrite or Strix to stall his gameplan.
    For the 9 sidecards that go in (4 spheres, 3 Kgrip, 2 Trackers), I board out the usual suspects like BRing, Bog, and Manabond, besides 3 mazes and some gambles and loams. I board out mazes because their creatures don't really put you on a clock (it's their combo races us). I board out some gamble/loam because I don't want to play the grindy loamgame, but rather focus on a quick comboplan.

Actually i run 4 rishadan ans aluren/food chain seem a good mu , against aluren i bring in/out
    +3 sphere of resistance
    +3 krosan grip
    -3 maze of ith
    -1 chasm ( disagree to keep it , if you take balista 1000/1000 , chasm sucks is really hard to Beat bunch créatures and payer for chasm or copy with stage . Btw grip kill balista , but if you have grip is définitely better to kill food chain )
    -1 manabond
    -1 b-ring

Aug 2010
    Germany

Hello guys. I just came back from the MKM Hamburg tournament. Unfortunately no top8 but I still managed to finish with a 6-3 (Had a hard time with my combo matchups).
    Played allmost the same list as in Prague
    MD:
    - 1x Sheltered Thicket
    - 1x Maze of Ith
    + 2x Tranquill Thicket
    SB:
    - 2x Thorn of Amethyst
    - 1x Sphere of Resistance
    - 1x Krossen Grip
    + 3x Chalice of the Void
    + 1x Oblivion Stone

Super tiny report:
    1.R: Eldrazi and Taxes 2-0
    2.R: Dark Affinity 2-0
    3.R: SneakShow 1-2
    4.R: Grixis Delver 2-1
    5.R: Elves 2-1
    6.R: DelverBUG 2-1
    7.R: UB Reanimator 1-2
    8.R: SneakShow 1-2
    9.R: Elves 2-0

As you can see, I lost all the combo matchups. The question is, what is the right strategy against SneakShow? Is a fast token, or a Sphere effect followed by a token, or hoping that my opponent doesn't draw anything so I can win the game with the token fast my only option?!?!?! ;)
    I hate this matchup. Do I have to accept that SneakShow will wreck me most of the time?

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Re: [Primer] R/G Combo Lands

Nice going :-) I believe we just have to accept that SnT-variant aren't very good MU's. I have some succes with Karakas, followed up with a fast token.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Jun 2010
    Germany

I had to accept SneakShow as basically the worst matchup a long time ago. I've tested A LOT against it. Fast combo or mana denial possibly with a Sphere or something like Revoker/Needle with a Karakas. Their sb Blood Moons don't help the MU but oh well. Tireless Tracker is a nice additional card to bring in, Primeval Titan/Choke stole some games a few years ago. I actually thought of Choke the other day, being really good vs the Leovold decks and new Miracles as well.
    Everything else seems fine to me and you can definitely steal the match vs S&S.

Now, @StefN: What about your Oblivion Stone? When did you bring it in and has it actually been good? Thanks!

Fun to see O stone back in someone's list. Used to play it MD in the old creeping tar pit days.

Aug 2010
    Germany

So I was looking for a replacement for the Krosan Grips, but I wanted something that gives me a new angle to attack my opponents permanents and something that works with the main engine of the deck. I boarded it a few times but never draw it. On the other hand I also boarded Krosan Grip a few times and this card was by far the one that underperformed the most in my SB (Also the last tournaments). Since Counterbalance is not played anymore Krosan Grip seems weaker for the RUG SB. I'm still not sure. Ordered some more copies of Oblivion Stone so I will replace the 3 Krosan Grip for 3 OS to test it more. I mean I would never cut the "Krosan Grip" effect completely from the SB. Either I will keep them or replace them with something that does the "same" or something that helps us more in other matches where KG is not strong. I like it in theory to have a reset bottom that can handle everything, but as I said not sure if it is too clunky or if I really wanna cut KG.

Jun 2010
    Germany

Interesting. Definitely will test the O Stones. I'm playing 1 Sylvok Replica in my RUG sb for a while now and it's solid. Can also put it via S&T.

A few things:

Going back to color splashing.
    For those who want to splash white don't forget about Riftstone Portal.

If you're splashing black, why not try out some number of deathrite shamans. It's in almost every deck. Why not lands if you're going b/g like everything else.

How does everyone feel about Chalice of the Void? More and more I have thought about cutting it from the sideboard and finally did. I had it in there for several months. I never liked it. Can't cast it on 2 obviously. 1 never seems right even if an exploration is on board, may be a correct line in .01% of board states/situations. Even on 0, it always somehow ended up on the board right before I drew a mox diamond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy
    &
    Vintage

Thread Information