Page 233 of 254 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [Primer] R/G Combo Lands

That's a really hostile spread. Only Elves being that favourable then Miracles. The rest are shit and I would say you ate the shit end of luck.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

That is really a hostile meta you got there :/
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Does anybody think lands is in a bad spot now in general? Everybody is running surgical x3 and i'm even seeing more copies of invasive surgery. Feels bad man.

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

Quote Originally Posted by aex View Post
    Does anybody think lands is in a bad spot now in general? Everybody is running surgical x3 and i'm even seeing more copies of invasive surgery. Feels bad man.
    I kind of agree with this statement. We are supposed to prey on the fair blue decks i.e. delver, czech pile, and the various blade decks. When those decks become difficult MUs because of overwhelming SB hate then IMO it becomes time to either dedicate more SB slots to the MU, or to switch to a different deck. I've taken to dropping combo hate to pick up more value midrange stuff like extra trackers, Pia and Kiran Nalaar, planeswalkers, and a crucible. It basically means a guaranteed loss to combo instead of being like 30% to win, but it drastically improves the fair blue MUs.

Maybe a stupid question but I almost always side in the sphere of resistance cards. Would it be a solution to have these cards main and cards like bog, karakas, chasm or whatever in the side? Maybe this would let us win more game 1s vs fast combo?
    On the other hand we have to ask what is the worst for us, how other decks handle these problems and if we can use similar solutions. I don't want to just be faster; it would result in some kind of super turbo depths, which I wouldn't like...

Mar 2013

You could do that, but I would argue against cutting down on too many Lands themselves. Mox is not as useful if you have nothing to pitch to it. Also I like having those answers, but Chasm has done nothing for me in near on 3 months, so I am not sure I want that around much in the main.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Dec 2013
    Lowell MA

You could do that, but I would argue against cutting down on too many Lands themselves. Mox is not as useful if you have nothing to pitch to it. Also I like having those answers, but Chasm has done nothing for me in near on 3 months, so I am not sure I want that around much in the main.
    Eh, aggro loam has no difficulty with mox diamond and they run ~27 lands I think, so I don't think I'b be too concerned about turning off my moxen unless I was removing large swaths of lands.

Agree about glacial chasm. It only seems to come up these days against burn, infect and I've had it be occasionally relevant against true-name w/ equipment. Were I to cut it, I think I would replace it with an extra cycler, or the barb ring which is not currently in my 75. Maybe move the ancient tomb from the board to the main and open up a SB slot.

Quote Originally Posted by aex View Post
    Nope!

We still are anywhere from a huge favourite to a small favourite vs all the fair decks (excpet Burn and Prowess). Elves is a very good match too, so we are only really afraid of Sneak show, Reanimator, and Storm (as well as some fringe decks - but many fringe decks are good matches also).

Right now we are a favourite vs every DTB except Storm (which isn't that bad either).

Likewise, if we look at the last 2 months of paper on MTG Top8, there are 7 decks at 5% or above - and we are favoured vs 5/7 (4/7 if you consider D&T to be even or worse).

I'd say we are doing okay.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dingo View Post
    Eh, aggro loam has no difficulty with mox diamond and they run ~27 lands I think, so I don't think I'b be too concerned about turning off my moxen unless I was removing large swaths of lands.
    I don’t think it is a correct way to just compare the count of lands in each deck. We run 3-4 Depths, 2-3 Maze, a Chasm and a Tabernacle which all of them dosent produce any mana. From these lands, I agree that Chasm might be in SB, but even if it the case, cutting 3 more lands (which will clearly not be Depths, Maze or Tabernacle) will just let us with only 22 Lands that produce mana to operate (counting Wasteland and Port). This is clearly not the case with Aggro Loam.
    IT IS TWO AND A HALF MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

Been testing Search for Azcanta and having alot of success. It's a 1 of and everyone it hits the board it feels great. Anyone else test it before?

Do you have a moment to talk about Primeval Titan?

May 2013
    Canada, eh

I agree. I haven't had much use for Chasm, siding it out most of the time, even against creature matches because they can have Wasteland or DRS to make it not worth it.

I want to cut chasm, but I'm not sure what for.

Quote Originally Posted by Tittliewinks22 View Post
    Been testing Search for Azcanta and having alot of success. It's a 1 of and everyone it hits the board it feels great. Anyone else test it before?
    Do you use the flip-side too or just keep it on the enchantment side? Either way, I feel like Sylvan Library is a better option here but perhaps there's some interaction I'm missing.

Quote Originally Posted by filln View Post
    Do you use the flip-side too or just keep it on the enchantment side? Either way, I feel like Sylvan Library is a better option here but perhaps there's some interaction I'm missing.
    For the most part I keep it as an enchantment. I have been liking it better than sylvan because it can go deeper on a single loam (milling once at upkeep, then dredge 3). It also acts as a pseudo library when you are binning lands/loams/fires with no life loss.

The few times I've flipped it was to ramp a land when I didn't have an exploration out. I can see the advantage of the search function when trying to find sideboard answers or engineered explosives.

As I said, I'm testing it. But so far it's been great every time it hits the board. Especially turn 1 off a mox :)

EDIT: Another scenario that has occured is with no loam in yard using the peek to mill a loam, then draw it at the draw step. Being an upkeep effect is advantageous here.

Mar 2013

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck..._num=0&limit=8

5 Lands in top 16 with a 6th at 22nd place.

http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck..._num=0&limit=8

5 Lands in top 16 with a 6th at 22nd place.
    Nice, I wonder what their individual records actually were though since it was a team event.

Fun things include:
    Kevin King - 4x GQ and Mishra's Factory in the main; Song of the Dryads in the side
    Jarvis Yu - 2/2 GQ/Port split and 2x Maze in the main; 2x Seismic Assault in the side
    Jody Keith - 4 GQ, Mishra's Factory, 2x Maze in the main
    Daryl Ayers - 2/2 GQ/Port split, 2x Maze in the main; 2x Seismic Assault and Emrakul in the side

Mar 2013

Thats a good point. I had a look at some of the details:

Four decks are running 35 /25 Lands/Spells. Two are running 36/24
    Top four of the six have 2 Tranquil main. Two of those also have Sheltered. Good against Extraction. Daryl had a 3rd Tranquil sided. 22nd has a Canopy.
    Four of the six have 2 Maze, the other two have 3.
    Four of six have Barb Ring.
    Only one does not have Bog main.
    Half have Karakas main, one has in the side and two choose not to run it.
    Everyone ran 4 Depths.
    Four decks ran 3 fetches, two ran 4.
    Five decks ran Manabond as a 1 of.
    Vortex is main in three decks. Each as a 1 of. All three decks cut a Punishing.

Tracker was all over the place. The most run was 3, the least was 0.
    Four decks ran Drop, three of them only ran 1 copy.
    Grip was in every side, most as a 3 of 4 of.
    If you include Pithing Needle, everyone ran at least 5 permanent forms of Combo hate. Jody had the lowest number at only 4 Sphere plus a Needle.
    Choke was played in the 16th place build. I think this is a smart move of late.

I think the builds are rather close at first glance, but are diverging when it comes to interaction. A reduction in Maze seems fine and an increase in Depths back to four seems normal.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

what does mishra's factory do at the moment?
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    what does mishra's factory do at the moment?
    I play it in Turbo Depths quite a bit and it's surprisingly good. Main benefits are: 1) You can sacrifice it to a Diabolic Edict and save Marit Lage, 2) Colorless damage against D&T, 3) When blocking can take down a Leovold, and 4) Alternate win-con, don't underestimate a Factory and a few Thespian's Stages!

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

Quote Originally Posted by filln View Post
    I play it in Turbo Depths quite a bit and it's surprisingly good. Main benefits are: 1) You can sacrifice it to a Diabolic Edict and save Marit Lage, 2) Colorless damage against D&T, 3) When blocking can take down a Leovold, and 4) Alternate win-con, don't underestimate a Factory and a few Thespian's Stages!
    Thank you for your explanation, I think I will play one and see the result, also I am really happy I finally have the chance to play my winter factory.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Quote Originally Posted by GoblinZ View Post
    Thank you for your explanation, I think I will play one and see the result, also I am really happy I finally have the chance to play my winter factory.
    Me too. I try to cut a Maze for a Factory. I wanted to do this for some time but never did because no one did ;-)

Thread Information