Page 241 of 254 FirstFirst ... 141191231237238239240241242243244245251 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Re: [Primer] R/G Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Wiktul View Post
    Ah... so there is some justice in the world afterall... :D
    Haha that isn't what my opponent from the win and in thought (he was on sneak and show and happy to be against lands) :P

[Primer] R/G Lands

I still don’t get how to use chalice of the Void in our deck. For both RG and RUG versions. I get it for matchups when you want to cast it on 0 against storm or Lotus Petal/Chrome Mox type decks. Yet, I don’t get when it is brought it with the intention to be cast on 1. I kind of understand it against miracles since you are most likely boarding out 4 Crop Rotations against them and maybe shaving a Gamble. Even still I don’t get casting it for 1 when it can shut off a lot of our deck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Legacy
    &
    Vintage

Small GPT report:

R1 miracles/standstill

Game 1: I'm on the wasteland plan, but they play crucible of worlds and back to basics, they outgrind me with their own wastelands and ghost quarters.

Game 2: they beat me with a well timed back to basics (foolishly tapped out after forgetting they had it).

0-1 & 1st mistake that cost me a game

R2 lands

Game 1: I turn 1 manabond with 5 lands and loam in hand, they can't keep up and scoop shortly after.

Game 2: they punishing fire me over sooo many turns.

Game 3: I get ahead with explorations and have the combo and enough mana on board

1-1

R3 Aluren

Game 1: game loss because I accidentally left 1 tireless tracker in from the lands matchup.

Game 2: I keep their board clear and outrace them

Game 3: I get sphere of resistance in play and lock them out with ghost quarter and wasteland.

2-1 2nd mistake that cost me a game

R4 omnitell

Game 1: I lose to omnitell and release the ants combo

Game 2: I lose exactly the same way (I hate these decks)

2-2

R5 sneak and show

Game 1: they beat me with sneak attack

Game 2: I manage to stop their attempts and win

Game 3: they t1 show and tell in a griselbrand to my karakas, i go on the prison plan to keep them off mana, they get show and tell an omniscience but my sphere stops me dying to emrakul, I decide to cycle, hit a land. On my draw I get Korean grip and they aren't able to do anything for the rest of the game.

3-2

Top 8 turbo depths

Game 1: I get a god hand and am able to keep wastelanding them out of the game.

Game 2: they outrace me

Game 3: I have the board locked down but then I ghost quarter their stage in upkeep and it gave them the mana they needed to get hexmage and dark depths down for the win.

3rd game ending mistake.

Conclusion: surprised I got so far (especially with matchups and mistakes I made). Frustrated that my mistake stopped me getting further but something to learn.

Hello, a member of my playgroup is building RG Lands atm and we were wondering just how essential drop of honey is. We found a well positioned list without them, but it seems it's the exception rather than the rule. Could you give me any feedback on the importance of Drop?

PS: Also, I'm assuming ports VS quarters is just a preference/meta call, right? I'd run ports in a meta where decks usually have basics to fall back on, and GQ on a meta with greedier manabases.

Thank you

Phenomenal against DRS and True Name decks, but it's played as a one or two of.

There was a match where it ate a DRS and a True Name (then it was sac'd), then the Delver player played another True Name anyway. Lands lost that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Banned
    Nov 2005
    Sigil, Center of the Planes - Italian district

Loved to play the old Multani during Saga times. Thoughts about the new incarnation?

Last edited by Morte; 04-11-2018 at 03:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    Loved to play the old Multani during Saga times. Thoughts about the new incarnation?

I was thinking the bounce effect is good instant speed protection and enables more ways of re-using utility lands (or resetting chasm).

Quote Originally Posted by trinkets View Post
    Hello, a member of my playgroup is building RG Lands atm and we were wondering just how essential drop of honey is. We found a well positioned list without them, but it seems it's the exception rather than the rule. Could you give me any feedback on the importance of Drop?
    There is also 9th place at GP Seattle (our own Sparking I believe):
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/events/...sts-2018-04-07

RUG lists don't usually run Drop because they already have enough answers and inevitability vs the grindier TNN/Leotard midrangish decks.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Quote Originally Posted by Epeirogeny View Post
    I still don’t get how to use chalice of the Void in our deck...

...I don’t get casting it for 1 when it can shut off a lot of our deck.
    I'll refer you to this lovely article:
    https://thesaltminesite.com/2017/07/...nti-synergies/

Opening hands for Game 3 were drawn, and I felt great. I had a Deathrite Shaman, a Surgical Extraction, a Wasteland, and enough other lands to not randomly lose to a Wasteland of theirs. My opponent opened with Taiga, Crop Rotation into Ancient Tomb, Chalice of the Void for 1.

Chalice of the Void

I was floored. Their deck has Gamble, Exploration, Crop Rotation, Manabond, and sometimes even Molten Vortex, and their Chalice just turned off all of that! It appeared my opponent brought in some spice for Game 3, and I was not prepared. Chalice wasn’t even on my radar, as I had seen their whole deck with my Surgical Extractions in the game prior. After losing the game convincingly, I wished my opponent good luck in the Top 8, and ventured off to complain to a friend about what I had just experienced.

My friend’s response to my complaint that the Lands player’s Chalice turned off most of his own spells: “Does it matter?”

I thought about it a little bit, and realised that it didn’t. Sure, the Lands player couldn’t resolve a good chunk of his deck, but I couldn’t resolve the spells I needed to beat him. Turns out that’s a pretty good trade-off on his end.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

Just placed my order for that sweet playmat.
    Funny thing about the order page, it said there were 20 other people that had that playmat in their cart...

Jan 2017
    Poland

Sylvan Awakening
    2G
    Sorcery
    Until your next turn, all lands you control become 2/2 Elemental creatures with reach, indestructible, and haste. They're still lands.

Thoughts?

Bad?

Thoughts?
    EDH.

It's not a terrible effect - just not enough value for 3 mana (or 1 card).

Sylvan Awakening
    2G
    Sorcery
    Until your next turn, all lands you control become 2/2 Elemental creatures with reach, indestructible, and haste. They're still lands.

Thoughts?
    What exactly is your grand plan with this? Get up to 6 lands and pay 3 mana to swing for 6?

Jan 2017
    Poland

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    What exactly is your grand plan with this? Get up to 6 lands and pay 3 mana to swing for 6?
    None, that's simply one if the few cards that has any relevance to our deck, so I asked if anyone can see more potential in it than I do. Clearly, that's not the case and I'm not surprised why.

Thinking about Magic...
    Jan 2011
    Italy

Sylvan Awakening
    2G
    Sorcery

Thoughts?
    Seems like a bad rude awakening, which I don't this deck needs
    Ignorance is strength

None, that's simply one if the few cards that has any relevance to our deck, so I asked if anyone can see more potential in it than I do. Clearly, that's not the case and I'm not surprised why.
    The only thing I can see it as is a 1 turn block in the mirror or against turbo depths. Even then it seems too slow.

Given the recent spike, this might be the only affordable Tabernacle on the market now.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    Given the recent spike, this might be the only affordable Tabernacle on the market now.
    This has been one of the things that has hit me hardest this last week. All the people on the Lands Discord who have said they can no longer finish the deck.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Thread Information