Page 13 of 254 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Re: [Deck] R/G Combo Lands

Quote Originally Posted by barcode View Post
    I have been extremely happy with Primeval Titan as a non-graveyard plan B.

Fun Primeval Titan story time:

A Reanimator player Thoughtseized a Titan early in game three. I begin the mana denial plan and he eventually cobbles together a basic swamp and Thoughtseizes himself discarding Empyrial Archangel. Next turn he plays Lotus Petal and Exhume. Well, now it's time to go nuts. I fish up two parts of my combo and then my Titan attack into his 5/8 and fish up Glacial Chasm (sac Bojuka Bog) and Tabernacle.

(I bring in Primeval Titan to hedge against Show & Tell since he should know about Bojuka Bog.)
    He played Exhume after Thoughtseizing Prime Time... Say again??? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    So at the end of the day we will have a Mirror on camera for the Primer. A good day.

Also this is the Table one match... A Mirror at Table one.
    RG Lands is a true established deck, and in the hands of as skilled player it can beat (almost) everything: table one is the only table for this featured MU
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

David Long just presented a Deck Tech, some pretty interesting choices, Boseiju for Miracles and Emrakul for Show and Tell. I do wonder though about Emrakul, better than Iona (like vs Omnitell)?

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Emrakul is also for the painter matchup. Show and tell is more of a bonus as a 1 of.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Emmy seems weird, if you have a sphere, then it's great as they are going to have to pass if they cast s&t but I only imagine that is going to work maybe once
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Apr 2011
    The World

He specifically stated that Emmy is for the Painter-MU, which makes sense. Against SnT or Omnitell it looks like a long shot.

I like the Boseiju, and it is relatively easy to get in play, and it really gives Sphere this extra value. I can see it work against more control-decks.

RGCL (GQ)

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

I'm trading 3 tropicals for a tabernacle. Super excited to play the deck in its entirety.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Will be updating the Primer during my night shift tonight. Adding an update on Boseiju, adding the primer Long did and will finish off the artifact part I was working on. If I have missed anything please let me know.

Lava, I would keep your Trops, they are useful if you ever wish to play the RUG version of this deck (Something I do from time to time and is fun) They also help with the Artifact splash build. If you can, hold off and save up for the Tab and try and keep two of your Trops, they are useful once you finish building. That said, welcome to the fold. May you verse (sorry, punish) many a Delver.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Apr 2011
    The World

What the hell happened with Tabernacle? The price went through the roof!

RGCL (GQ)

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    What the hell happened with Tabernacle? The price went through the roof!
    It's a card with limited supply in a deck that is proving to be very powerful and is gaining wide spread recognition. Since it is the bottleneck for the deck, I am unsurprised to see it pick up like this.

There is no shortage of people who wish to play this deck. I know someone who has it Proxied and brings it to modern, each week he shows me the next card he has picked up. Had an event here a fortnight ago where someone asked me if they could borrow my deck because they wanted to play it. Today we see it prove it's value again. As long as Delver runs free, we are going to be in a good place and people will be draw to us.

I mean, nothing plays quite like lands.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Apr 2011
    The World

Oh, i know that, but compared with a couple of months ago the price decided to go up with about 100%... Meaning I bought it really really cheap (figure of speech)

RGCL (GQ)

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Oh, i know that, but compared with a couple of months ago the price decided to go up with about 100%... Meaning I bought it really really cheap (figure of speech)
    I did not see it jump that much. I have seen them double over 2 years but not over 2 months. Where are you getting your numbers?

Apr 2011
    The World

The one I own is in pretty good shape, I didn't pay that much... Paid around € 350 (€ 380, including shipping) Found the prices here: https://www.magiccardmarket.eu/Produ...+Pendrell+Vale

RGCL (GQ)

I enlisted the help of some European friends to get an Italian Tabernacle for US$360 shipped, which is a great deal for a Canadian like me ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been watching the prices of Tabernacles for a while now on ebay. An Italian can still be had for about four hundred bucks if you are patient. A mint English just went for just under seven hundred. Holy cow.

I myself have been building R/G lands, and am almost there. The Tabernacle will be the last piece I grab, and I want an english one really badly. I have seen a played English go for about five hundred on ebay, but that is a big expense to have to justify to the wife. Many months of buying nothing and maybe a present for her before hand.

Side note, I used to have a Tabernacle when i was like, fifteen, back in 1996. I remember that being a fifteen dollar card I didnt really know what to do with. Oi.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Will be updating the Primer during my night shift tonight. Adding an update on Boseiju, adding the primer Long did and will finish off the artifact part I was working on. If I have missed anything please let me know.

Lava, I would keep your Trops, they are useful if you ever wish to play the RUG version of this deck (Something I do from time to time and is fun) They also help with the Artifact splash build. If you can, hold off and save up for the Tab and try and keep two of your Trops, they are useful once you finish building. That said, welcome to the fold. May you verse (sorry, punish) many a Delver.
    I can replace the trops as I need to, the tabernacle investment is just a little heavy all at once. You can also find trops for 120-150 which would save me money over the 550 for the English tabernacle.

Wasnt sure if I should start a whole new thread for this, and it seemed like that would be a waste of space. Basically, i have built a variant of R/G lands that I am calling "Nexus Holdem." The deck is almost identical to standard R/G builds, but removes the Dark Depths, and instead, uses Inkmoth Nexus and Centaur Gardens as a win condition.

OK you ask, why the heck would anyone do that?

As my screen name gives away, I played infect and loved the Inkmoth. I thought it would fit into a lands build well, as you could crop for it, loam it - thus regenerating it, and by playing for ten poison counters, you never have to worry about the opponents actual life total, hence punishing fire and Grove of the Burnwillows can be used at leisure without concern. Also, I have tossed a couple of Natures Claims into the maindeck, which can be sided out for Krosan Grips. The great thing about Natures Claim is the one green mana casting cost. Your opponent gains four life if it resolves, but again, playing for poison removes any concern about their life total. (Note, I beat a miracles player recently by using natures claim on their top after their first turn. They of course activated it, but it bought a turn, which is like a 1G timewalk. Note 2, i also used Natures Claim post board when they had mulliganed for a Blood Moon, and were tapped out to cast it. Expecting such, my untapped mox diamond was enough to quickly destroy the blood moon and they had no FoW in hand.)

Of course, Marit Lage is well tested, and I will likely play with that build at an invitational this summer. However, i am going to a small event this weekend that usually has about twenty players, and I am going to give this build a run.

The general concept is getting the opponent into a waste/port lock, and when the board is controlled, sacking however many Centaurs Gardens you have to pump your Inkmoth for the kill. Gentaurs Garden also can provide much needed green mana, and the requirement of having seven cards in the grave yard is simply met with lands. When I have my final build decided upon, Ill post a decklist and a tourney result.

Side question, has anyone ever tried working in Halimar Depths? (http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Ca...verseid=380231).

Quote Originally Posted by StinkmothNexus View Post
    OK you ask, why the heck would anyone do that?
    I don't see any reason to do this, except the fact that you personally love Inkmoth Nexus and want to build around it. Blinkmoth also isn't indestructible, and Swords removes it permanently where Stage/Depths can be recycled by loam.
    The lifegain doesn't really matter if you can beat it down 20 damage per turn (and mostly your opponent sacs some life to fetches so one hit is usually enough).

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Has anyone tried a light black splash for sideboard options of discard/Ravens crime/slaughter games/bobs and abrupt decays?

I am working on sideboard options now and a boseju can force lots of spells through counter magic.

The more I keep reading and watching the more I understand. I have watched most of the matches and write ups.

The sideboard seems to be the most unstable element of the decks.
    Last edited by lavafrogg; 05-26-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Jun 2011
    n/a

The first R/G lands lists by Kurt S. a couple years ago had a black splash in them for Bob, Crime, Thoughtseize and Last Rites.

I played with a little black splash for a while and really liked it when the local metagame was super hostel to graveyard strategies. Its really great to have bob in the board when you can't rely on the yard ever. Primeval Titan fills the same role to some extent though. I don't think raven's crime is a little splash though as you will need an urborg in addition to a bayou to really power that effect out. Don't forget that wurm harvest is in those colors too

Abrupt Decay/K-Grip is usually a split with a black splash as you really want to be able to hit the big enchantments like sneak attack/Omniscience/Humility etc.

Really all you force through with Bosejiu is Loam, I guess you can force through a punishing fire but its not like you side Bosejiu in against BUG/RUG as its slow against them. I liked it more when I was playing the Control builds because I could at least tutor for it with T.West or got added value being able to force through and intuition also.

Hey guys, one question: If I play a stock R/G lands build, how many Punishing Fire do I want vs Miracles postboard? I have no idea, honestly. Do I want the full 4? I think that 1-2 might enough, but what's been your impression?

Thanks!

Thread Information