Page 2 of 254 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Jun 2011
    Russia, SPb

Re: R/G Combo Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Rivfader View Post
    Null Rod (artifacts)
    I would not run Null Rod. Sometimes Mox Diamond is the only colored source in an opening hand.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

Re: R/G Combo Lands

Quote Originally Posted by door View Post
    I would not run Null Rod. Sometimes Mox Diamond is the only colored source in an opening hand.
    I am aware that it backfires in this scenario, but it's just a 1-off. It's so powerful versus specific cards that I want to test it instead of Thorn of Amethyst.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [DTB] R/G Combo Lands

It appears I posted the deck in the wrong location, props to Nihil Credo for fixing my mistake...
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Dec 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

It appears I posted the deck in the wrong location, props to Nihil Credo for fixing my mistake...
    Well that was fast, must be some kind of record, going from New and Developmental to Decks to Beat.

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Dosferra View Post
    Well that was fast, must be some kind of record, going from New and Developmental to Decks to Beat.
    No, Jund jumped right from New and Dev straight to DTB Jan 2013. This has happened before.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Wow, nice

Also very entertaining how Nihil Credo calls this deck: (M.F.) Lands. Made me laugh very hard

@Rivfader: Null Rod seems to create very awkward situations. Still, I'm curious as to your results. You must have a lot of Affinity and/ or MUD in your meta to test such a hoser Against which cards/ decks were you planning to board the card?
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    @Rivfader: Null Rod seems to create very awkward situations. Still, I'm curious as to your results. You must have a lot of Affinity and/ or MUD in your meta to test such a hoser Against which cards/ decks were you planning to board the card?
    I see it especially applicable versus LED, Petal and Chrome Mox in fast combomatchups, as a source of manadenial instead of Thorn of Amethyst. And as a way to hate on artifact-dependant control (Miracles/thopter/Tezzeret). It's very good versus MUD as well, but I consider this a favorable matchup already.

I don't think the drawback is such a big deal (4moxes). We sometimes play chalice for one, even though our maindeck holds up to 14 1-manaspells. Similar as chalice, Null Rod is meant for matchups where its effect hurts them (way) more than you.

Mar 2013

If you really want to start leaning on things like Null Rod, I would trial that light Blue splash. having the option of getting things like that back would be a godsend. I am not sure if I will like that build, but I am going to test it next week and I feel like that kind of build would be best with that extra artifact disruption.

Nice primer! Good to see this deck finally gets the thread it deserves. And a deck to beat! Congrats on the people who wrote this together!

Enjoyed reading it, just one thought, I think you're a bit harsh on yourselves concerning the matchups. I play it myself and usually feel that Lands fares very good versus the fair decks you've listed - favorability is in my opinion better in some cases, like the delver variants. Just my 0,02 cents though.

Mar 2013

I have had some other input on the matchups, I will update soon.

Banned
    Nov 2005
    Sigil, Center of the Planes - Italian district

Sorry for the OT, but - this is the ONLY non-blue DTB! Sincere congratulations, be proud of that

Jun 2010
    Germany

What about Titania, Protector of Argoth in the SB as an alternate wincon? Seems powerful enough.
    The only problem I see is that you still want to use your GY with her where as Primeval Titan is nice to fetch the combo in the face of Graveyard hate.

Jun 2011
    n/a

Its worse then Titan and still graveyard dependent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    Its worse then Titan and still graveyard dependent.
    I disagree on the first point. It's cheaper than Titan and comes with the possibility of winning the game very quickly. For example, it might be better than Titan against Sneak and Show, because if they Show and Tell in Sneak Attack hoping to win with Emrakul, Titania trumps this because of all of the tokens while Titan is too slow, as long as you're above 15 life. It's also important to note that it's weak to Rest in Peace and Leyline of the Void, not all graveyard hate. That said, I think that Titan is stronger overall. I'll probably try out 1 Titania in my sideboard in my next event.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Sick primer
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Quote Originally Posted by dafrk3in View Post
    I disagree on the first point. It's cheaper than Titan and comes with the possibility of winning the game very quickly. For example, it might be better than Titan against Sneak and Show, because if they Show and Tell in Sneak Attack hoping to win with Emrakul, Titania trumps this because of all of the tokens while Titan is too slow, as long as you're above 15 life. It's also important to note that it's weak to Rest in Peace and Leyline of the Void, not all graveyard hate. That said, I think that Titan is stronger overall. I'll probably try out 1 Titania in my sideboard in my next event.
    Winning the game quickly isn't really the point of titan though. The point of titan is to give the deck a powerful win condition that isn't tied to the graveyard at all and doesn't always have to involve a token. If it gets to attack you've tutored 4 lands out of the deck which is usually enough to stabilize just about any situation.

I spent some time playing with a weird main deck configuration that dropped manabond and shifted some lands around to run 1 gsz, 1 dryad arbor, 1 courser, and 1 titania just to test her out in a bunch of games. Titania can very easily flood the table with power but the deck already does that using cards that are more synergistic with the main plan for less mana. Courser was honestly more impressive as an addition to the deck because it offered a lot card selection when loaming a fetchland continuously and let you know when you had the opportunity to draw a crop rotation/gamble/exploration instead of dredging. The life gain was also great in the UR delver days.

Jun 2011
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by dafrk3in View Post
    Titania is worse then titan for a lot of little reasons and for one major one. Titan wins games by itself, it tutors up the cards you need to win, stay alive or dig out of a hole. Titan is independent of the graveyard to it is hard to hate out. You don't need anything additional besides to stick Titan to make it work and its a massive topdeck.

Titan has the same clock as Titania which is to say it kills two turns after the creature sticks. Titan adds lands to the board to to this, while you have to remove lands from the board to make this work with Titania which is not ideal.

in the example you list is one of the very few examples where Titania is marginally better then Titan, and that can be argued. When did they go off? turn one? or turn 3 or turn 8? I would actually like to have titan on turn 1 or 8 but not on turn 3. Do you have any lands in play when they emmy you because you have a bunch of mox diamonds? you don't just win sometimes and if they have grisselbrand in stead of Emrakul I think its better to have Titan.

Titania's got some upside, the differnece between 5-6 is not unreasonable consideration and has a powerful effect unique effect but i don't think Lands is the home for her. The titans effect is fundamentally more powerful in a vacuum and in play, its more diverse and can answer more things, its not graveyard dependent (which is where Titania gets her value from)

Could we tweak the deck to support Humble Defector and H.Path? Either you fetch him back or kill him with punishing fire. It could be an additional draw engine, so you make it harder to sb against you (not graveyard depended and your opponent will board out bolts) Also we already run crop rotation...
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    Could we tweak the deck to support Humble Defector and H.Path? Either you fetch him back or kill him with punishing fire. It could be an additional draw engine, so you make it harder to sb against you (not graveyard depended and your opponent will board out bolts) Also we already run crop rotation...
    We already have a draw engine that gains us 3 cards a turn. Defecter does not fit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    Titania is worse then titan for a lot of little reasons and for one major one. Titan wins games by itself, it tutors up the cards you need to win, stay alive or dig out of a hole. Titan is independent of the graveyard to it is hard to hate out. You don't need anything additional besides to stick Titan to make it work and its a massive topdeck.

Titan has the same clock as Titania which is to say it kills two turns after the creature sticks. Titan adds lands to the board to to this, while you have to remove lands from the board to make this work with Titania which is not ideal.

in the example you list is one of the very few examples where Titania is marginally better then Titan, and that can be argued. When did they go off? turn one? or turn 3 or turn 8? I would actually like to have titan on turn 1 or 8 but not on turn 3. Do you have any lands in play when they emmy you because you have a bunch of mox diamonds? you don't just win sometimes and if they have grisselbrand in stead of Emrakul I think its better to have Titan.

Titania's got some upside, the differnece between 5-6 is not unreasonable consideration and has a powerful effect unique effect but i don't think Lands is the home for her. The titans effect is fundamentally more powerful in a vacuum and in play, its more diverse and can answer more things, its not graveyard dependent (which is where Titania gets her value from)
    I agree with you. I just think that Titania has enough potential for me to switch out my 3rd sb Titan for a Titania for a tournament, even though it's likely incorrect.

Also, to the Green Sun's Zenith guy, adding that package to the deck seems absolutely terrible. Manabond, by the way, is one of the more busted cards in the deck.

Thread Information