Page 204 of 254 FirstFirst ... 104154194200201202203204205206207208214 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: [Primer] R/G Combo Lands

Merging the lists puts the posts in one thread, posted chronologically. It means you would end up with people talking over each other. New thread is better.

Crucible creature? Cool. No Tracker, but cool.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Merging the lists puts the posts in one thread, posted chronologically. It means you would end up with people talking over each other. New thread is better.
    Or simply close the RUG/Lands thread with its last message as a link into this one ?!
    IT IS TWO AND A HALF MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT

Crucible creature? Cool. No Tracker, but cool.
    New Intuition pile:

Loam, Volrath's Stronghold, this guy.

If you already have Loam:

Volrath's Stronghold, Tracker, this guy.

PS Why weren't you at Masters? We had 3 Lands deck and needed a 4th to get to a bigger wedge on the metagame breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by KIP_NZ View Post
    New Intuition pile:

Or:

Loam, Academy Ruins, Crucible of Worlds.

I've messed around with Stronghold (for Shriekmaw and Ingot Chewer), and concluded that nothing I can recur with Stronghold is half as good as Engineered Explosives. We only have so many flex slots, and we can't really run both packages.

You'd only consider Stronghold if you have some other reason to be running Black - but this means you are already into your flex slots! This means such a deck would have a slightly different core than is typical for Lands - along the lines of a Jund Depths variant.

That's one upside to Stronghold over Ruins. But Tracker is really good when we are having issues with graveyard recursion, (or at least Loam) so this works best when we need Tracker the least. I'm not impressed, but I could always be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    Yeah it would definitely be for a more creature-centric gsz build rather than the current stock lists. Really more of a perfect card for 4 color loam or maverick but it's still interesting to note.
    Sadly, this.

If the Naga Cleric sees Legacy play, it's going to be on the other side of the table; and it's going to suck. This is potentially a very good card against an LD such as ourselves, and the 3 toughness is a royal pain when our removal is mostly 2 damage effects. Keep those EEs and Bogs in the deck if you ask me (which is all the more reason not to run her ourselves).

I take some solace that I will enjoy it in my EDH Lands deck, but that's about all.
    Last edited by Crimhead; 06-14-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

New Intuition pile:

PS Why weren't you at Masters? We had 3 Lands deck and needed a 4th to get to a bigger wedge on the metagame breakdown.
    Unfortunately academy ruins and crucible is superior in almost every way, even down to the fact deathrite can't eat a crucible.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by kravkenov View Post
    Or simply close the RUG/Lands thread with its last message as a link into this one ?!
    Probably better to start a new thread, because you'll need a good new primer as well.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Mar 2013

I wish. I haven't been back home in years. Sadly, work and car services both had my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    Probably better to start a new thread, because you'll need a good new primer as well.
    Yea. Someone should tell that lazy fuck to update the one at the start of this thread... Oh wait...
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by dice_box View Post
    yea. Someone should tell that lazy fuck to update the one at the start of this thread... Oh wait...
    lol, in any case you will need to change/ update the op... Yeah, looking at you, Dice ;-)
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Friends are the best. My dream eternal deck has always been Eternal Garden (R/G Lands). I may be in a position where I can pick up a Tabernacle for $600 + cards from a buddy and that would just make my year! I've played aggro (started with Merfolk), I've played control (RIP Miracles... no... no Rest in Peace Miracles), and far too much combo (ANT, Dredge, Belcher, Solidarity, TES, Show & Tell, the list goes on).

I am so freaking excited to finally (maybe) build out my dream deck! Lands, I'm coming for you!
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Congrats! It's such a fun archetype once you can finally get into it.

To get my tabby I ended up liquidating an MTGO account to mtgotraders and then used the store credit at their brick and mortar store to ship it across the country after some back and forth with Heath the owner. I don't know how else I would have gotten it outside of an expensive trip to a GP or the high-end facebook group. Definitely not going to be ordering any off of tcgplayer sight unseen haha.

Indeed, one of the best parts about Lands is how almost everyone fielding the deck has a story about how they acquired that Tabernacle, since (apparently) few are willing to actually shell out $1K+ for it.

I owe my Tabernacle to the Modern format's existence, as well as its (mis)management. First they turned my back pocket cheapo Legacy Burn deck into something that actually cost money. Then they printed Treasure Cruise, tanking Ancestral Visions. I took the opportunity to go pretty deep on Ancestral Visions, betting that TC wouldn't last and folks would be trying to Shardless Agent into Visions again at some point. Not only does this happen, but the card is legalized in Modern.

Sliding all this cardboard across the table at my LGS (and boy did they appreciate this level of support) resulted in a Tabernacle sliding back at me, LP and in English too.

There are all manner of stories I've heard, but I think my favorite is my Lands buddy in New England who got his by.... cracking a pack of Legends back in the day.

Good call on the visions. I'm one of the people with more money than sense that helped that be profitable for you as soon as it was unbanned .

Quote Originally Posted by JPoJohnson View Post
    Friends are the best. My dream eternal deck has always been Eternal Garden (R/G Lands). I may be in a position where I can pick up a Tabernacle for $600 + cards from a buddy and that would just make my year! I've played aggro (started with Merfolk), I've played control (RIP Miracles... no... no Rest in Peace Miracles), and far too much combo (ANT, Dredge, Belcher, Solidarity, TES, Show & Tell, the list goes on).

I am so freaking excited to finally (maybe) build out my dream deck! Lands, I'm coming for you!
    It's a good feeling! My Legacy progression was: Merfolk > UR Delver > RUG Delver > Bant Living Wish Lands (GP Paris list) > RUG Lands > RG Lands. I had 2 Tabernacles for EDH purposes that I traded off at ~ $200, shortly before they started going up. I acquired my current Tabernacle as part of a mega-trade involving 4 Chains of Mephistopheles, and have been fighting the good fight ever since.

Mar 2013

Re: [DTB] R/G Combo Lands

And were back. Fuck that felt good.

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

drop of honey was mentioned and as soon as i can find one it's going in the board.
    sometimes i'm behind a ensnaring bridge or have a weird board state; but mostly for those pesky true-names...

i'm more of a RUG player but often cross over into the R/G playstyle.
    i still love my smokestack and worm harvest; just got a foil 8th ensnaring bridge.
    Last edited by non-inflammable; 07-14-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Mar 2013

Pretty. Whatever do you require a playset for though? I have only ever needed 3 in Terra Nova. Never needed more.

Okay, picked it up. Time to pick up the rest. I own almost 20 legacy decks and not once have I ever played with or played against Lands, so this is going to be a completely new experience! Lots and lots of learning to occur with this one. I have a good amount of the deck that I'll have to pick up, but I'll get it over time. I'm so pumped.
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Mar 2013

I have been on Lands for a long time now, little to nothing else other than a break to play Stax here and there. I have often looked back at the end of the night and realised I took the wrong line somewhere. Welcome to the fold, this is not an easy ride, but it is worth it.

Started 3-2 at the GP losing an unfortunate match to elves after mulling to oblivion. Rallied back to end 7-2 with no byes. My other loss was to TES getting turn 2'ed then turn 1 game 2.

Mar 2013

Day 2? Nice. Well done.

Thread Information