Page 245 of 254 FirstFirst ... 145195235241242243244245246247248249 ... LastLast
Results 4,881 to 4,900 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Re: [Primer] R/G Lands

Which id the utility of ancient tomb in the side?

May 2010
    Central Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by polski View Post
    Which id the utility of ancient tomb in the side?
    I would read the first post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by say no to scurvy View Post
    I would read the first post of this thread.
    Thanks

Question about your actual sideboards:
    How many taxing cards do you include?
    What else do you try to cover and how?

Nov 2017
    Vienna, Austria

Quote Originally Posted by OldSpellMaster View Post
    Question about your actual sideboards:
    How many taxing cards do you include?
    What else do you try to cover and how?
    This highly depends on your meta. In an unknown one, the usual build is 4 sphere effects and an additional prison effect like 3-ball, thron or chalice. I have a very fair meta where I play so I started cutting spheres down to 3 and including prime time in my SB.

If your meta is combo heavy, Sphere effects and ports become better. If you plan on running choke as an additional lock, I would advice you also running ports in your maindeck they close out the game fairly quickly.

So DRS is gone, time to shine!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyl3lazer View Post
    So DRS is gone, time to shine!
    Oooooh yesss!
    And Probe banned as well.
    But what does that mean exactelly. Will it get better or worse?

DRS ban seems like a bit of a double-edged sword, honestly.
    DRS being gone helps the Loam/pfire strategy quite a bit against the decks that played it (elves, maverick, grix and friends), but now it will, possibly, be harder to attack their mana when these decks are forced to run less big splashy spells and basics...but it might also mean we have a better plan against them overall. Czech as we know it is probably dead and grixis' mana base will be much different, and we ran 8 strip mines against these decks. Additionally, the overall meta might get slightly harsher if reanimator decks see a big resurgence in the wake of the DRS ban.

Probe ban, however, is a huge net positive for us if you ask me. 'Fair' decks like grix cant use it t1 to see what our gameplan is and play around us anymore, which is a nice boon in my opinion.

DRS was annoying, but overall the card was probably good for Lands. It made manabases shaky, and made sideboards contain less gravehate. While being very controllable through Pfire.

Now two of our good matchups (Grixis and Pile) are hit hard, while these decks also policed our bad combomatchups. If the meta shapes out in more basics, more combo, and more/harder postboard gravehate, we're in a worse spot than before...

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

So back to Rishadan Ports it is, then.

Nov 2014
    Geneva

Quote Originally Posted by Ingo View Post
    DRS was annoying, but overall the card was probably good for Lands. It made manabases shaky, and made sideboards contain less gravehate. While being very controllable through Pfire.

Now two of our good matchups (Grixis and Pile) are hit hard, while these decks also policed our bad combomatchups. If the meta shapes out in more basics, more combo, and more/harder postboard gravehate, we're in a worse spot than before...
    DRS was, among other things, a pain in the ass because it maid harder to attack their mana production, even though it was clunkier thanks people relying on DRS to "fix" their greedy manabase. But I think we're in a better spot now regarding the mana-denial plan overall, even if people plays more safe manabases.

Plus, I feel that we have a better matchup against RUG Delver than Grixis Delver. And RUG has good reasons to make a small comeback (very good against combo decks, but also, RUG runs a manadenial plan with Wasteland, Daze & Stifle, which is now more reliable without DRS around).

Well, we'll see what happens, for it's really hard to forsee how the meta will evolve, but if we end up with a RUG Delver rebirth and more Dredge, it might be good for us.

Sidenote: maybe it will be time to play more Rishadan Port again?

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    So back to Rishadan Ports it is, then.
    Yes. And again more spheres in SB.

The worst thing would be, everyone plays Lands now and next year, DD will be banned because 50% of all decks are using the unfair combo

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Personally I hated DRS, but when playing Lands, I never felt it was actually that hard to play against it.
    I think the worst part is going to be the graveyard hate people are packing now with DRS gone.

Dec 2010
    Beijing/Shenzhen

I personally think lands gets worse right now, because of more graveyard hates and more basics in the meta. Also, blade and our worst match-up namely sneakshow will come back. I just don't think it is wise to play lands at the moment.
    Team Blood, Beijing.
    Currently play: Sneaky Show/ Lands

Any changes in your lists?

Any changes in your lists?
    Not so far.
    I just don't know what to change except for the port revival.
    I'm interested in all your experience so far. I had absolutely no luck. Reanimatir first turn kills and/or mulligans from hell.
    Red decks siding in some Leyline of the void.
    Dredge decks crushing me...
    Choke helped a little against some decks. Maybe I had just some bad luck sometimes but it feels worse at the moment.

Maybe adding surgical extraction or more dnt like spells,I don't know.
    I think it's not done with a small change. We have to avoid gravehate and (graveyardheavy) combo decks.

Which is your plan versus goblins and d&t?

Right now I have to say:I don't know.
    Lost to goblins because of a postboard leyline of the void without mulligan. Grr.
    Normally it's a tabernacle on creature heavy decks and some PF, EE...
    DnT can be heavy. They have everything against our token. Get rid of vial and white sources maybe or just PF...
    Postboard after rest in peace it's just a 'good luck'... But I hadn't played a lot against it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Regular D&T is already hard to beat for Lands.
    But RW D&T... omg
    In addition to Karakas, Vial + Flickerwisp and co, we have to face Magus of the Moon and Direfleet Daredevil (that can exile PF and Loam)
    Good luck with that !
    Pox -- Miracles -- Lands -- Candelabra Enchantress -- Dragon Stompy -- Eldrazi Stompy -- Sultai Control

I have played against goblins and dnt alot. Goblins isn't a bad matchup you just have to keep lackey under control. dnt is pretty free if you just go long with them, vortex absolutely crushes them and you just have to get barb ring out early to deal with the prelate. G2 against both decks gets dicy, you just have to get to your k-grip to answer moon and rip. I'm more worried about snt and i also saw high tide at my local shop. I'm cutting my spyglass for an emrakul in my board to help with those matchups. I also brought riftstone portal back in and it has been completely bonkers!

Thread Information