Page 250 of 254 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254 LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,000 of 5079

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Re: [Primer] R/G Lands

Wow, the spoiled land 'Explosion Zone' from War of the Spark looks pretty sweet.
    Basically EE-Trop-Ruins package in 1 land, without color requirements.

https://www.mtgsalvation.com/spoiler...r-of-the-spark

Aug 2010
    Germany

Explosion Zone is extremely powerfull. The only problem is that it can't handle Blood Moon, but it's definately an auto include and I can't wait to play this card ;)

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

Well, considering the deck itself folds to Moon (Depths/Stage package, Academy Ruins, etc.) I'd say that isn't much of a drawback.

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    Well, considering the deck itself folds to Moon (Depths/Stage package, Academy Ruins, etc.) I'd say that isn't much of a drawback.
    Or: play Explosion Zone for the plethora of cards that are also troublesome, like Needle, Mom, Bridge, TNN, KOTR, or any boardstate pressuring you with 1cc cards ...

Jan 2014
    San Diego, CA

I was agreeing with you. The other poster said that the new land does nothing under a Blood Moon, and I was saying that most of the lands in the deck (particularly the win cons) are susceptible to Moon so it's not that big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TLK View Post
    I was agreeing with you. The other poster said that the new land does nothing under a Blood Moon, and I was saying that most of the lands in the deck (particularly the win cons) are susceptible to Moon so it's not that big of a deal.
    Ah sorry! Thought it was sarcasm.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Maindeck out to Bridge+Chalice on 2? Sign me up!

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Yea, but it's tricky to tsje out Chalice. You have to copy the Lands with Stage.

That said, I'm excited for sure.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

Yea, but it's tricky to tsje out Chalice. You have to copy the Lands with Stage.

That said, I'm excited for sure.
    You don't seem to understand. Previously, builds without EE/Vortex MD had not way to win against a Chalice on 2 plus Bridge. With Blast Zone you can break the Pre-Board Hardlock and even tutor for it. And copying it with stage is also not "tricky" imho.

Feb 2015
    Germany, Bamberg

Quote Originally Posted by JDK View Post
    You don't seem to understand. Previously, builds without EE/Vortex MD had not way to win against a Chalice on 2 plus Bridge. With Blast Zone you can break the Pre-Board Hardlock and even tutor for it. And copying it with stage is also not "tricky" imho.
    Do you really think Dice_Box, probably one of the best Lands players overall, doesn't understand this? Of course he knows that there are no outs to this (without Vortex Main), everybody that just takes a look at the decklist sees this. And with "tricky" he probably only wanted to say, that Explosion Zone doesn't kill chalice alone, it needs a second part (the Stage) to blow it up and thats, without a doubt, a little more tricky to accomplish than blowing up a Bridge or something with it.

Stackbuilder

Mar 2012

I don't think he doesn't understand Lands, I just got the feeling he didn't catch my post. Hence the "wohoo an out to Bridge + Chalice on 2" -> "yeah but killing chalice is tricky" (when you could kill Bridge too to get out of the lock).
    No need to fanboy and whiteknight him, he is perfectly capable of articulating himself.

Besides, using stage shouldn't be "tricky" for Lands players (enter the realm of Glacial Chasm, DD combo, copying basics for wasteland protection etc). :P

Chalice players usually slam the chalice on 1 though, and then the second on 2 (although I once had a chalice player cast a second chalice on 1 instead, as a backup )
    So the setup of Zone+Stage might not be that easy to accomplish with croprotation locked out.

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Freundla View Post
    Do you really think Dice_Box, probably one of the best Lands players overall, doesn't understand this?
    "Best" or "One who lives on the internet and therefore is likely the most active"? I'm leaning on option two.

Yea, I meant tricky. I am not pushing back against the card any, it's going in the deck and I think it's likely a staple from now on. Just pointing out that killing Chalice ain't going to be a cakewalk.

Anyway, am I the only one who really wants to go back to having Crucible main suddenly?
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Jun 2012
    uk

is there a discord server for this group?

on top of sneak and show, this is a deck that I want to play and master. seems a lot harder to play with than sns though.
    Currently making / Playing:

Sneak and Show
    Shortcake Painter
    Pox

Mar 2013

Here you go.

Fixed link. My fuck up.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 04-24-2019 at 03:18 AM.

Been playing around with a 1-of Blast Zone in the maindeck and found it very usable. It does do the occational collateral damage on Explorations, Mox Diamonds, and Sylvan Library though

I have also been facing way too many Back to Basics on mtgo the last couple of days.

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by OopsMissedTrigger View Post
    Been playing around with a 1-of Blast Zone in the maindeck and found it very usable. It does do the occational collateral damage on Explorations, Mox Diamonds, and Sylvan Library though

I have also been facing way too many Back to Basics on mtgo the last couple of days.
    Same, I have made a habit of setting Blast on 3 ahead of time and letting it sit untapped on the table. Seeing as only Blade has Waste it tends to work out very well. Do note however if they play a TNN into a Zone on 3 they are likely holding B2B and are trying to bate you. Do not blow it unless you have to.

Here is my current test list, I have been finding it is quite effected at doing its job of making DnT's life hell.
    Last edited by Dice_Box; 05-02-2019 at 07:50 AM.

With the printing on Blast Zone, I'd like to ask an age old question once again : is Lands viable without Tabernacle?

I do understand that Tabernacle and Blast zone is not the same card, but is Blast zone a viable tool in the matchups where Tabernacle is a first class tool (Elves, Delver and Infect)?

Mar 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeypr0 View Post
    With the printing on Blast Zone, I'd like to ask an age old question once again : is Lands viable without Tabernacle?

I do understand that Tabernacle and Blast zone is not the same card, but is Blast zone a viable tool in the matchups where Tabernacle is a first class tool (Elves, Delver and Infect)?
    One is a mana denial tool that slots in very well with out game plan. The other is a distruction effect that slots in well. But what they each achieve is different.

You can play Lands without Tabernacle but I would not think it optimal, even with Zone.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

One is a mana denial tool that slots in very well with out game plan. The other is a distruction effect that slots in well. But what they each achieve is different.

You can play Lands without Tabernacle but I would not think it optimal, even with Zone.
    I think blast zone eliminates the need for drop of honey in the board, which is always a good thing.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Thread Information