Page 6 of 254 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] R/G Lands

Re: [DTB] R/G Combo Lands

Quote Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
    Choke and Ports are goods in this matchup (like the sphere effects) but yes, Omnitell is hard...
    If we resolve Choke the matchup go to 45/55, but remain hard.
    The Sphere effects force it to pass by bouncing effects but if we can't block the lands he plays at instant speed in resp to port and find the victory.

-

I would like to ask how to set the right strategy against MUD.
    Chalice @1 and @2 destroy my game....if he play Metalworker and I don't have Punishing Fire the game go bad..

:(

I play 4x punishing fire maindeck and no Quarter.
    I've gotten lucky every time I'm matched up against MUD and have the exploration loam wasteland set up to keep them off of having any more than one land at a time. So, I think the mana denial plan really is our best plan against MUD.

As far as omnitell and choke, I'd love to be able to resolve it, but it seems they're able to force it every time. Just bad luck on my part. The spheres just don't seem to do enough in the match though it is amusing that they still need to pay for the sphere even when Omniscience is out. At least that's how online works, I don't know about in an REL. I'd assume it was the same though.

I'm curious on your guys thoughts regarding Ghost Quarter. If your playing against a deck that could have basics, do you hold it back and just use it for mana or do you waste them to find out if they run any basics? Seems this comes up often. Unless I'm pretty certain I usually hold it back and wait for an good opportunity/ land we care about to show up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    UR Delver man forcing you to play it out then asking for the ID after he got his dick smashed seems scummy.

Jun 2011
    n/a

Most of the time GQ is just a strip mine, there is maybe a single or two basic lands in the three color decks so stripping them out is real. Against the decks that do have a high qty of basic lands I will try to screw them out of a color like White in miracles or Enchantress or Random Stoneblade.dec.

Against decks that are mono color I try to wait for an opportune time to use GQ as stripping them out is really difficult.

I also use GQ as basically the 4 fetch land.

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    (...)
    I also use GQ as basically the 4 fetch land.
    That's actually something I forgot about GQ. Pretty clever
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Jun 2011
    n/a

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    That's actually something I forgot about GQ. Pretty clever
    Yeah you would be surprised how many times I GQ my own tranquil thicket in play or get small value out of an expiring Glacial Chasm

[DTB] R/G Combo Lands

I have seen some people running only three fetchlands in the deck. Does it increase the jankiness in opening hands a lot? There have been plenty of times I wish that useless fetch late game was something else entirely.

Most people who run 3 fetches just replace the missing land with a 3rd Taiga so it ends up feeling very similar. It helps eliminate the dead fetchland issue you mentioned as well as making seismic assault a card that could be cast off of fetchable lands.

Quote Originally Posted by Arksz View Post
    I have seen some people running only three fetchlands in the deck. Does it increase the jankiness in opening hands a lot? There have been plenty of times I wish that useless fetch late game was something else entirely.
    I've personally dropped down to two fetches and haven't regretted it since. It allows me to run a bojuka bog main which helps in surprising situations. Though mainly against dredge and to randomly ruin a player hoping to delve soon.

Apr 2011
    The World

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    Most people who run 3 fetches just replace the missing land with a 3rd Taiga so it ends up feeling very similar. It helps eliminate the dead fetchland issue you mentioned as well as making seismic assault a card that could be cast off of fetchable lands.
    3 fetch, 1 Forest and 2 Taiga's, but I'm still debating whether I want a 3rd Taiga. I do have Asssult in the SB, so 2 fetch, 1 Forest, 3 Taiga's is probably better.

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai004 View Post
    Greetings!

I've been reading through the different primers here and on MTGsalvation and I just have a question about sideboard set ups for larger events where the meta could be anything. I will be going to a 300-400 person event next weekend and I'm having a difficult time deciding on a sideboard set up. Top 28 prizes all include some form of black bordered German dual lands and I do love me some German lands.
    Are you heading to Eternal weekend in Coopersburg? I am also! Maybe we can discuss some lands I'm still new to the deck haha.

Are you heading to Eternal weekend in Coopersburg? I am also! Maybe we can discuss some lands I'm still new to the deck haha.
    That's the one. Always enjoy talking about lands though I didn't expect to see any other lands players there.

Hey everyone. Minor little report for the interested. One match I faced Mud, for those who are interested in how that one goes.

RG Lands #7

Quote Originally Posted by Nikolai004 View Post
    That's the one. Always enjoy talking about lands though I didn't expect to see any other lands players there.
    Well I have been eyeing up the deck for a while but only recently picked up a Tabernacle. So I am a bit fresh to the archetype. I really wish there was more coverage I could watch to get me familiar with the deck.

There definitely don't seem to be many Lands pilots but now that it's in the DTB section it will get more people picking it up.

How long have you been playing the deck? Mind exchanging info? Wouldn't mind some pointers and tricks before the tournament.

Jun 2011
    n/a

Well I have been eyeing up the deck for a while but only recently picked up a Tabernacle. So I am a bit fresh to the archetype. I really wish there was more coverage I could watch to get me familiar with the deck.

There definitely don't seem to be many Lands pilots but now that it's in the DTB section it will get more people picking it up.

How long have you been playing the deck? Mind exchanging info? Wouldn't mind some pointers and tricks before the tournament.
    there is a lot of coverage actually probably 20-25+ video's from SCG Coverage to Ari Lax's daily that he recorded for SCG you just got to look around a little bit for the vid's.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    there is a lot of coverage actually probably 20-25+ video's from SCG Coverage to Ari Lax's daily that he recorded for SCG you just got to look around a little bit for the vid's.
    I found the Ari lax videos, many thanks!
    I watched all the videos linked in the main primer but can't seem to find any other SCG coverage.

I think it's been nearly or a bit over a year now myself. Started with wUbRG lands and now I'm just straight RG combo. And yeah sounds like a plan to me. As for video coverage I like to use
    http://mtgcoverage.com/

Apr 2011
    The World

I found the Ari lax videos, many thanks!
    I watched all the videos linked in the main primer but can't seem to find any other SCG coverage.
    There is more than enough, just use keywords. Mtgcoverage almost exclusively links to SCG. Other than that they pick the biggest events around the globe. Sadly, SCG stopped making frequent Legacy-reports.

Found the following just by using keywords:

Vids on youtube, by happymtg:

Challengers to God of Legacy R6 G1, 2 & 3 Iso Toshiharu(Lands) vs. Tomizawa Shin(Elves) (Nov 2014)

Game 1
    Game 2
    Game 3

Iso Toshiharu makes a mistake in G3.

[LEGACY] Vendredi du Biland 11/07/2014, UR Delver (Felix Guillaume) VS Lands RG Combo (Alcouffe Simon)

Game 1 and 2

Before this primer, I used this short primer. It's pretty basic, but it gives a general idea on how to play the deck.

RGCL (GQ)

Apr 2011
    The World

People seen this list played in Japan? Interesting to see:

- no Blue, yet still EE,
    - four Goblin Rabblemaster in the SB.

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    People seen this list played in Japan? Interesting to see:

- no Blue, yet still EE,
    - four Goblin Rabblemaster in the SB.
    You're not aware of a write up or a video on any of the games are you? I hadn't ever considered Rabblemaster, but my friend who plays combo says there's a good chance he can close out the game quick enough to be a real consideration.

Apr 2011
    The World

Still searching, but my Japanese is a bit rusty ... But unfortunately no... I can't find anything

RGCL (GQ)

Thread Information