Thread: [Article]Eternal Europe: Opening Up Gifts

[Article]Eternal Europe: Opening Up Gifts

All about Vintage this week - hope some of you enjoy it anyway :)

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...-Up-Gifts.html
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [Article]Eternal Europe: Opening Up Gifts

I really like the idea and the look of that GIfts Slaver list, I just wish there was some way to shore up the awful Delver matchup. I haven't been able to play against anything with Mentor in it yet, but I imagine those results will be similar. To fit Gifts in I imagine I'll have to cut the extra Missteps/Bolts/etc. I've been playing, and I can't see that making the matchup any better.

I also noticed that you aren't including Dack in that list. Do you think that it can be replaced now that we can jam 4x Gifts into the deck?
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Poisonous Foogoofiish
    Feb 2006
    Germany

Have to agree - really enjoying that you are tinkering with Gifts ;) One thing which stuck to my mind is the combination of LSV's Vaultcast and Gifts. (his list for reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5SyVIkVOAM - this was before the unbanning of Gifts). One problem of Gifts is its high mana cost, which could be mitigated by the additional speed of Mox Opal. Opal also allows for an more reliable turn one Mana Drain, which is quite huge. Besides this one could run Thoughtcast as a backup card advantage engine (which doesnt cost us land drops compared to Gush). Meandeck Gifts used to go for a quick burst of cardadvantage via Scroll-> Ancestral and then Gifts for the win, which now could be achieved by Thoughtcast.
    BBB

I commented on the article but I'll add here--I really want to see you explore the gush-gifts-lotus cobra-tendrils style. I have to feel like the combination of gifts ungiven, gush, manabond, yawg will, and intuition is a busted BUG deck waiting to happen. Play the control game until they give you a reasonable mana drain, gifts them, untap and go to town drawing cards and building storm count. Might be wishful thinking but I feel like gifts for intuition, fastbond, yawg will, snapcaster is busted beyond belief. Can substitute anything that can grab fastbond for snapcaster if you want. I just envision them giving you intuition and fastbond, and you going intuition for gushes with fastbond down, drawing into a recollect or a snapcaster or something, into a massive yawg will.

Feb 2012
    Tienen

Thank you for the pleasant read. A bit off topic perhaps but does anybody have a recent list for one of those mono U Belcher lists? Most of the stuff I find is outdated.

Look up the Vintage Super League Homepage. Both Pikula and Buehler started season 2 with Mono Blue Belcher with only slight differences in their lists ;)

Thread Information