Thread: [Podcast] The Brainstorm Show

[Podcast] The Brainstorm Show

Hey guys,
    My friend Paul and I decided to do a weekly Legacy Podcast. Check us out! We will have a website up and running soon. We are just doing this for fun since we enjoy playing Legacy so much.

https://soundcloud.com/thebrainstormshow

Re: [Podcast] The Brainstorm Show

Not bad, not bad at all.

You guys paid some tributes to the big names, adding credibility to some of us who question how much you guys know.

SFM is a package, really can't classify package into a particular kind of deck strategy. Punishing Fire package is a package that can go into smaller amount of deck strategy. Please be clear between package and engine. Loam is an engine, people build deck around Loam engine.
    Did you guys pronounce Umezawa's Jeter? Is that Umezawa somehow fused into Derek Jeter?

You might not be interpreting SDT in a... nice way, it provides card quality advantage, not strictly card advantage. Still need to explain to the audience what exactly is Death and Taxes, just in case.

Shardless BUG vs. Painter's turn 1 blood moon (didn't go into what Painter does)
    12 Post vs Miracles

You didn't cover MUD, which did top 8 at GP NJ. There's also the Tezzeret deck, which runs at least 8 Planeswalkers, also some random/tier 2 decks like Goblins and Merfolk. Last but not least, Food Chain because it did well in SCG Houston.

Does Storm mean Bryant Cook as guest?

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

I really enjoyed listening to that. I'll be looking forward to the next episode!
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Thanks, everyone! And twndomn, your suggestions criticisms are noted.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

When is the next one?
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by (nameless one) View Post
    When is the next one?
    We would like to start recording them weekly and posting them on Tuesdays, so our goal is next Tuesday for show #2. I will post them to the format & article discussion page. Thanks for the interest!

Jul 2011
    California

Any chance of making it downloadable? I like to listen to podcasts at the gym
    Legacy: Miracles

Quote Originally Posted by Cynicath View Post
    Any chance of making it downloadable? I like to listen to podcasts at the gym
    Yes definitely! We have had several requests to put it on iTunes, so we will be looking into doing that next week.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    Does Storm mean Bryant Cook as guest?
    No one said anything about guests.

In general, I like serious podcasts without too much pathos, but if you ask me personal, I would narrow down the topics even more and make only 30min Episodes, because no one can grasp or handle a full metagame analysis in about an hour. I listened to whole Podcasts only having one single card as topic or a certain package of cards (Daze/Stifle/Wasteland for example) and those were much cleared structured, which is one of the reasons why the Everyday Eternal Podcast lost my attention: too much topics resulting in (imo) too shallow discussion, with the 15 minutes everything-goes-wrong Khans Review being the absolute lowlight for my taste (no offense).
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Please keep the episodes flowing. I really enjoyed the pilot and the storm episode, the most recent episode seemed like you were cramming too much content into a single episode. The idea of one deck per episode is definitely preferable, as it offers a primer as well as insight into the match-ups. Perhaps some more discussion can go into the debates of card selection in decks as well. Ie. Legendary miracl0r versus ponder miracles. Giving some analysis and perhaps hard numbers on the effects of these card choices. Just food for thought.

Thread Information