Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
Glad you're testing it, but at the same time disappointed at the result. The hope of HD + HP was to have a draw engine outside blue. If it fits in blue then I think the next question is going to be what's the point? BS + Ponder + (Git) + DTT are already such a powerful engine that using them to assemble a draw engine instead of a combo win or other win con, seems kinda circuitous.
I agree in principle but think Blue is unfortunately somewhat necessary for Ponder / DTT as both Defector and Homeward Path are relatively useless on their own. If we're relying on them to be a CA engine in a non-blue deck it's going to hurt to draw 3 Defectors and not see a Path.

For this reason I tried testing them in a deck that already contains a lot of selection so that not only are we able to get the synergy online more consistently but we also can really churn through our deck to bury our opponent in insurmountable card advantage.

As for whether the ends justify the means, I'd say probably not, but it's too fun not to try.