Thread: 1st Place at the SCG Houston 2015 Legacy 5K (Misthollow Griffin, I Choose You!)

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

1st Place at the SCG Houston 2015 Legacy 5K (Misthollow Griffin, I Choose You!)

Here's my tournament report for the SCG Houston Legacy 5K last weekend.

Enjoy!

http://mtgbazaar-teamz.blogspot.com/...15-legacy.html

May 2013
    Des Moines, IA

Re: 1st Place at the SCG Houston 2015 Legacy 5K (Misthollow Griffin, I Choose You!)

Enjoyed the report; congrats again!
    The deck (literally, the cards) looks pretty sweet - link to the pimp thread post for those who haven't seen it

Jul 2010
    Kapa'a HI

Re: 1st Place at the SCG Houston 2015 Legacy 5K (Misthollow Griffin, I Choose You!)

Misdirect Bolt to TNN! Brilliant. It almost makes me wish I played Blue.

Great report and well done.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Congrats on the win! Nice report with a cool deck.

You made it sound in your report that the ANT matchup is bad. I'm surprised; why is that?
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post

You made it sound in your report that the ANT matchup is bad. I'm surprised; why is that?
    ANT is much faster and four FoWs isn't enough disruption.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post

Thanks, dude!

Yup, as Davelin said, AnT is so fast and maindeck we only have 4 FoW to really deal with it (Misdirection sadly sucks against them). That was part of the reason why I played the Dimir Charm in that Emrakul slot - to help a little more with the combo matchup yet maintaining some flexibility (as a removal spell) for a maindeck card.

Lion
    May 2009
    Bethlehem, PA

Congratulations! I've always thought this deck was pretty awesome, and the addition of Genesis Hydra is super cool.

I hadn't realized you could misdirect something to an opponent's TNN. That's a brilliant play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardo View Post
    Strangest convenience store I've yet seen: Kum & Go (somewhere in Nebraska). I remember thinking: "Huh, a drive-through bordello. Clever."

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Congrats dude! Lovers of janky combo unite!
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Congrats dude! Lovers of janky combo unite!
    Yes...!

With this deck, you also get to flap your arms and make Ca-Cawing noises at people too! (Although I'd only recommend doing it only to friends as some opponents may get salty that you're beating them down with Phantom Monsters)

banned

Jul 2013
    black metal bed room

Nice. Playing Genesis Hydra in non-99 cards deck, and winning with Phantom Monsters... that's what I call style.

Thread Information