Thread: What would you like to see?

Dec 2010
    Montreal

What would you like to see?

Hello fellow sourcers!

I will start producing content related to Legacy and Modern with a friend of mine. We have several years (decade+?) of MtG experience and in-depth knowledge about the game and its intricacies. Making content is a fun way to get together, play some quality magic, and give back to the community. I was thinking about playing sets between various tier decks accompanied by explanations of our plays and the cards roles. My partner enjoys writing about mtg content (especially modern) on Mtgsalvation. So far we are thinking about setting up a Youtube channel as a starting point. I would like to stay away from MtGO streaming.

Any suggestions on what you would like to see or what kind of content should be produced more?
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

Re: What would you like to see?

Maybe run varius decks through gauntlets?
    Optimized game vids for faster views (replays), with voiceover commentary along with your SB plans i the respective MUs and a conclusion on each round?
    I would watch that.

-Chris

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

I agree with the above poster.
    SOmething along the turbo magic vids we're getting lately at grand prix, with better commentaries :)
    that would be great.

Dec 2010
    Montreal

Optimized vids for faster views as in edited videos where we cut out the shuffling, fetching, long thinking, etc.. ?
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

There was once a thread, in which people built Legacy decks with one card from the banned list (as a four-of). You might prove the banned list right or wrong in running these decks against a Legacy field.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Tourach View Post
    There was once a thread, in which people built Legacy decks with one card from the banned list (as a four-of). You might prove the banned list right or wrong in running these decks against a Legacy field.
    But it has already be done by Caleb Durward. I'd rather like to see some new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Qweerios View Post
    Optimized vids for faster views as in edited videos where we cut out the shuffling, fetching, long thinking, etc.. ?
    MTGO replays should do the trick, since they also allow stopping at critical moments to explain your plays.

I second the deck gauntlet, assuming you have the cards on MTGO. Otherwise, I would use stuff like Cockatrice.

Dec 2010
    Montreal

I won't be using MtGO for sure though. I do own all the cards on cardboard and I was intending on filming real matches with real decks and real people.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

Mirror matches could also be interesting to cover (not including the coin-flip ones).

Site Contributor

Aug 2012

This is amazing news. I always follow your posts on TheSource because they are interesting and they resonate with me.

I'd like to see a few articles / videos about tempo decks and especially more midrange versions (e.g. NLT): bUrg / Grixis / Grixis Green in particular, but also "reactive" Team America (with Stifle / Pierce) and possibly RUG. I feel like this design space is not explored enough in Legacy, and you always had interesting thoughts on them. Recent versions of those decks are Daniel Signorini's bUrg deck and the Grixis Control deck popularized by Eli Kassis. But I'm sure you also have your own take on those :)

I also remember you had interesting thoughts about American Blade (UWr Blade Control / Midrange), so I'd love to see you talk about that / film some matches. Maybe some brew with Monastery Mentor, or a Blood Moon brew.

I'm giddy. Can't wait for the first video / article.

Thread Information