Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Berserk Stompy wuh?

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

Re: Berserk Stompy wuh?

Everyone mark the date. Remember. This is the time there was an actual serious discussion on the merits of Leeches.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Just think about Infect in terms of aggro decks attacking life totals - if we scale Poison to match Life, Infect is an aggro deck with access to four copies of a *free* instant (Invigorate) that gives a creature +8/+4 until end of turn. That is basically broken.
    fixed!

Isnt stompy something with a 2x manabase and trinisphere? Kinda confusing...
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

The name Berserk Stompy is a TC Decks special feature I think... It was the name used for monogreen aggro decks with Invigorate and Berserk long before the Infect mechanic was invented.
    See http://www.tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=3053&iddeck=23470

Nov 2006
    Brasil

Quote Originally Posted by HdH_Cthulhu View Post
    Isnt stompy something with a 2x manabase and trinisphere? Kinda confusing...
    Stompy was the name of green decks with a lot of cretures way before Trini+chalice decks existed.

Actually, trini+chalice decks got the stompy name from the fact that they tried to rush these cards along with creatures, and beatdown like earlier stompy decks.

I believe it comes from this deck: http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Se%C3%B1or_Stompy
    If you fail to explain the reason behind your choice, technically, it's the wrong choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacosnape View Post
    It's one of the ten strongest cards in Legacy. And in truth, in any deck you design, you really need to have a good reason -not- to run Wasteland.
    Zerk Thread -- Really, fun deck! ^^

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

Quote Originally Posted by Gui View Post
    Stompy was the name of green decks with a lot of cretures way before Trini+chalice decks existed.

Actually, trini+chalice decks got the stompy name from the fact that they tried to rush these cards along with creatures, and beatdown like earlier stompy decks.

I believe it comes from this deck: http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Se%C3%B1or_Stompy
    I was gonna say, Stompy as a deck term predates Chalice/Trinisphere/etc by many years. 10/9 Land Stompy was one of the first Vintage decks I built after porting Type 2 Goblins over (read: added Lightning Bolt)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Thread Information