Thread: [Tiny Leaders] Marath Astral Slide

[Tiny Leaders] Marath Astral Slide

Astral Slide has been one of my favorite decks ever! but it lost a lot of its potential through the time. I really tried to make it work on legacy but it didnt no matter how hard i tried. But Tiny leaders give me another chance to get this deck back!

Yesterday I played against some decks and it was very very powerful! The list its not finished yet but i would be glad to hear your opinions/modifications

1 Marath, Will of the Wild

2 Kitchen Finks
    3 Eternal Witness
    4 Wood Elves
    5 Reclamation Sage
    6 Fire Imp
    7 Loaming Shaman
    8 Tilling Treefolk
    9 Wall of Blossoms

10 Life from the Loam
    11 Astral Slide
    12 Lightning Rift
    13 Solitary Confinement
    14 Green Sunīs Zenith
    15 Senseiīs Divning Top
    16 Sylvan Library
    17 Enlightned Tutor
    18 Entreat the Angels
    19 Autumnīs Edge
    20 Lull
    21 Renewed Faith
    22 Gilded Light
    23 Radiantīs Judgment
    24 Spark Spray
    25 Starstorm
    26 Pyroclasm
    27 Punishing Fire
    28 Swords to Plowshares

29 Tranquil Thicket
    30 Forgotten Cave
    31 Secluded Steppe
    32 Arbor Dryad
    33 Windswept Heath
    34 Wooded Foothills
    35 Arid Mesa
    36 Taiga
    37 Savannah
    38 Plateau
    39 Stomping Ground
    40 Temple Garden
    41 Sacred Foundy
    42 Forest
    43 Plains
    44 Mountain
    45 Grove of the Burnwillows
    46 Horizon Canopy
    47 Raging Ravine
    48 Barbarian Ring
    49 Wasteland
    50 Tectonic Edge

may be board

Riftsweeper
    Auramancer
    Blade Splicer
    Blisterstick Shaman
    Cartographer
    Elvish Visionary
    Emancipation Angel (Japo coleccion)
    Fiend Hunter
    Imperial Recruiter
    Lone Missionary
    Monk Idealist
    Sparkmage Apprentice
    Tilling Treefolk
    Last edited by KntrellCL; 03-01-2015 at 03:14 PM.

Re: [Tiny Leaders] Marath Astral Slide

I've seen a number of different Marath TL decks at this point, running the gamut from Zoo to Astral Slide, and my general reaction to all of them has been, "Geez, Marath seems like a beating of a general, but this deck seems kind of questionable." I think that's still pretty applicable here. Listing the problems I see, in no particular order:

• Astral Slide is generally a board control deck, but you're light on board control. Where's your EE, Council's Judgement, and extra sweepers?
    • Astral Slide - and really, Naya in general - has a hard time fighting unfair decks. You really, really need hatebears.
    • This deck seems kind of slow and very durdley. What's you're plan versus streamlined midrange decks like Anafenza that can remove Slide and punish you for sitting on your hands for too long?

I feel like this deck is really dependent on finding and sticking key singleton cards, but Naya colors are not particularly conducive to that since they have some of the weakest draw and tutoring options in the format. I'd imagine a discard-heavy Alesha deck would positively maul you unless you got exactly Solitary Confinement, for example, and even then that card isn't hard to answer. Anafenza has maindeck Abrupt Decay and Council's Judgement to answer your enchantments, plus discard to strip out problem cards. You'll probably not be able to stabilize against decks like these unless they stumble or you run really hot.

Apr 2011
    Oslo, Norway

Re: [Tiny Leaders] Marath Astral Slide

This deck has a lot of overlap with Loam decks, both cardwise and from a strategic standpoint. Maybe some 'tech'/cards can be used in this deck as well. Some suggestions:

Mox Diamond
    Chalice of the Void
    Seismic Assault
    Devastating Dreams
    Knight of the Reliquary
    Terravore
    Countryside Crusher
    Tarmogoyf

Thread Information