Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: [DTK] Dragons of Tarkir spoiler thread

Re: [DTK] Dragons of Tarkir spoiler thread

Maybe it's an option for GW Enchantress?

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by aluisiocsantos View Post
    Oh baby. I can't wait to tap like 12 mana off serra's sanctum to fuel this dude, though it not getting through moat is annoying
    Matt Bevenour in real life

The card looks powerful in the right decks imo, considering it never loses the counters. Hell, even miracles could abuse it, since terminus won't affect it.

Quote Originally Posted by aluisiocsantos View Post
    There are already 14 other things I want to do on my first turn. When I am ready to cast a card that wins the game in Enchantress I'll have ample mana and at that point Sigil, Words or Giant are superior.

Pray for Rain
    May 2010
    Philadelphia, PA, USA

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    There are already 14 other things I want to do on my first turn. When I am ready to cast a card that wins the game in Enchantress I'll have ample mana and at that point Sigil, Words or Giant are superior.
    No no no, you are supposed to hype cards in this thread! Hype!
    Matt Bevenour in real life

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Snif! Let's go everyone to Hearthstone, where actual good cards are being spoiled

May 2008
    Milwaukee, WI

Myth would be much better if we had a Trinket Mage for enchantments. Since this is a decent enchantment win-con, I might experiment with it in a heavy enchantment modern deck. Kruphix's Insight just looks so sweet.
    Playing Punishing Regular Miracles.

Contribute to the community Miracles Primer.

Site Contributor

Jul 2011
    Maastricht, NL

Quote Originally Posted by lyracian View Post
    Myth Realized; an enchantment that turns into a creature and gets bigger the more spells you cast. A decent control finisher; not sure it is better than Angels but could be a different direction to go in.
    I was wondering about this dude. So I cast him. I play a bunch of spells, and at some point I decide to smack face with him. I activate him. He becomes a guy. I attack. He taps. He does damage. At end of turn he stops being a creature. Is he now a tapped enchantment? Enchantments don't tap, ever. But can they be tapped? How does the game handle this?

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

The game handles this by turning it sideways, lol. Enchantments can tap, just look at Aphetto Grifter. It normally just doesn't matter if they are or not.

I think you guys are really under rating how good Myth Realized is.

When he comes down early he is immune to every common removal spell except AD. The threat of him activating makes it hard to tap out. In a high velocity tempo deck he can get big fast and you can check to make sure it's safe to activate w/probe. He could easily be a 5/5+ on turn 3 which is a serious clock.

If you draw him late it's still fine because you can use him as a mana sink.

He also works well with a deck that has discard.

Quote Originally Posted by testing32 View Post
    I think you guys are really under rating how good Myth Realized is.

When he comes down early he is immune to every common removal spell except AD. The threat of him activating makes it hard to tap out. In a high velocity tempo deck he can get big fast and you can check to make sure it's safe to activate w/probe. He could easily be a 5/5+ on turn 3 which is a serious clock.
    ??
    As soon as you activate Myth it can be bolted, yeah you can play around that by not activating until 4 counter but it can be killed by Swords to Plowshares, Dismember or Terminate too.

Really with Myth you gain immunity to sorcery speed removal (non-existent almost in legacy except in Diabolic Edict/Innocent Blood or Maelstrom Pulse, Toxic Deluge but only if you do not need to block) while increasing vulnerability to enchantment kill effects (Reclamation Sage) and bounce effects.

Don't get me wrong Myth is good but not as good as Delver. So maybe if you are UWR Delver and want more 1 drops than just 4 Delver.

Of course Myth somehow needs to get through Tarmogoyf/TNN on the ground and can be chumped by tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzlemanizzle View Post
    ??
    Really with Myth you gain immunity to sorcery speed removal (non-existent almost in legacy except in Diabolic Edict/Innocent Blood or Maelstrom Pulse, Toxic Deluge but only if you do not need to block) while increasing vulnerability to enchantment kill effects (Reclamation Sage) and bounce effects.
    You also gain immunity from Jace and Liliana. The biggest advantage is gaining the ability to decide when creature removal can be used on it. Pick a spot where they have 1 open and you have a daze, they tap out for something, you wait for a bit and then thoughtseize the plow, etc. Being able to dictate when the fight happens is a big advantage. I think the advantages outweigh the weakness to enchantment removal which isn't that common.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzlemanizzle View Post
    ??
    As soon as you activate Myth it can be bolted, yeah you can play around that by not activating until 4 counter but it can be killed by Swords to Plowshares, Dismember or Terminate too.

Dismember? Terminate? Really?

Liliana of the Veil and JMS are both popular planeswalkers that use sorcery speed removal, so I can't agree with sorcery speed being irrelevant.

Sage and Pridemage are valid concerns, but the number of decks that play them is small (Elves for Sage, Maverick & Sylvan Plug for both). And nobody runs MD bounce effects.

Sterling Grove would also have a field day with that card due to protecting it (it even triggers it!), but I'm not convinced that it would be better than already existing Enchantress wincons.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Any deck playing Myth is going to overload removal or be able to protect it.

I don't think it's worse than Monastery Mentor, and that's been played. They also work insanely well together. The Delver-Myth-Mentor shell sounds obnoxious.

You can play it into Standstill or Counterbalance, Enchantress has Sterling Grove. I've even considered playing it in some sort of DGA shell. Myth into Hymn into Lili discarding Souls sounds pretty good. Nice Abrupt Decay...

Prowess is a riduculous mechanic for Legacy, we should be glad they didn't print anything much more powerful than Swiftspear, Mentor or Myth. (well, I guess Jeskai Ascendancy, but...)

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Prowess is a riduculous mechanic for Legacy, we should be glad they didn't print anything much more powerful than Swiftspear, Mentor or Myth. (well, I guess Jeskai Ascendancy, but...)
    Prowess is Storm-on-a-stick, lol.

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Does anyone else think Secure the Wastes is really strong for other formats? Not sure if it's better than Decree for Legacy (which sees no play).

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Full set out.

Living Lore looks somewhat interesting?

3U
    Creature -
    When ~ etb exile instant or sorcery from your graveyard. P/T equal to that cards CMC.
    When ~ deals combat damage to a player - you may sac it and cast that spell without paying its mana cost
    X/X

Other random cards which probably are not good enough but might be fun:

Secure the wastes XW
    Instant
    Put X 1/1 tokens into play

(This actually looks pretty decent)

Silmugar sorcerer 1UU
    Creature-
    Flying
    Flash
    Exploit
    When it exploits counter target creature spell
    2/1

(Bad counterspell - bad blocker - bad creature. . . . but all that in one card )

Obscuring Aether G
    Enchantment
    Facedown creature spells costs 1 less to cast
    1G: turn ~ face down.

(Morph deck? Megamorph deck )

and that's it

Jul 2013
    Texas

Hello.

Jul 2013
    Texas

<3

Keep in mind I've already cast Lingering Souls in this example.

Jul 2013
    Texas

Quote Originally Posted by HSCK View Post
    Does anyone else think Secure the Wastes is really strong for other formats? Not sure if it's better than Decree for Legacy (which sees no play).
    Whoops, didn't see this.

I think it's better than Decree. In any deck that's not producing some ridiculous amount of mana and thus has better use of it than Decree, being able to get shitty Lingering Souls at instant speed is probably better than 2W to draw a card + 1 for each creature you want. And obviously 4WW for an Angel token is not happening. This is as simple as you terminus me on my turn, untap, tap out for Jace, I drop in 2-3 guys in response and force a move.

Thread Information