Thread: Worldgorger Dragon + 2 enchantments in play

Worldgorger Dragon + 2 enchantments in play

Hi,

I want to confirm that these interactions all apply as mentioned.

In play is a creature with Animate Dead under my control and my opponent has two more creatures in his graveyard. I now reanimate Worldgorger Dragon with another Animate Dead. Trigger, The creature and both enchantments leave play, Worldgorger dies, Trigger, The creatures comes back under my control and I now choose two targets for my enchantments. I can continue this loop until we get the classic Worldgorger Dragon loop where its the only creature in both graveyards.

Is this correct or does it work differently?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Re: Worldgorger Dragon + 2 enchantments in play

Unfortunately, I can't understand your question as you have asked it, because I have no idea what a "classic Dragon loop is."

I think what you are asking is if you can force a draw in this situation and the answer is no.

There will always be (at least) 4 targets in the Graveyards and only two Animate Deads. There will never be a time when Dragon is the only creature in the yard, so you will have to break the loop at some point.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Sry english is not my first language.

The point is the Dragon exiles both the creature and the enchantment attached to it, but brings them back seperatly so in the end i have the creature without the enchantment and can target another creature with the enchantment. If i repeat this process i end up with the situation that all creatures from all graveyards are on my side of the board and the only avaiable target for both enchantments will be the Worldgorger Dragon. At this point we reach the infamous loop which would draw the game.

My question now is simply if that is true or not.

Hope its clearer this time

Since the first creature leaves play 'attached' to Animate Dead, neither of them dies/goes to the graveyard. When Worldgorger Dragon brings them back though, they get treated as new permaments. Both Animate Dead triggers then reset. Since you control both enchantments, you may choose how to resolve each trigger.

tl;dr yes

Sep 2009
    Michigan, US

Yes, this game could end in a draw. Games do not end in a draw when a player is activating ability or casting spells to continue the loop. The Worldgorger Dragon loop is entirely the result of triggered and static abilities, and as such may result in a draw even if there are legal targets that would not generate a draw.

Thread Information