Page 14 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] +Manaless Dredge+

Re: [Primer] +Manaless Dredge+

Progenitus or colossus. Way better since they have a replacement effect and not a trigger that can be answered

Prog is most likely the best choice out of all; it can be pitched for Force of Will. Also, in the acute case that Prog is in play, it cannot be stped or wipe awayed.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

I went with Progenitus as well. Mostly b/c I happened to have one. But yeah, it can also be pitched to FoW/Unmask/Contagion/whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by zzap View Post
    Prog is most likely the best choice out of all....
    I agree with this ^^^^, however I usually went with Worldspine Wurm cos my Progs disappeared a while back, and cos it's cheaper.

Show and Tell would be the only way I would land it, and since Emrakul would make us sac our reanimated beat-stick more often than not, I like the idea that Wurm turns on Dread Return the next time we get to play sorcery-speed stuff.
    That said, this line of play has never once actually happened for me yet (that I can remember anyway), but then I don't play Spy all that much unless I'm playing that silly Storm deck featuring Spy.

Dec 2013

Besides, dropping Spy vs. Show & Tell is living the real dream, right .

"Oh no, my poor library". Next turn, combo out. "Nice Emrakul you got there".

opinion on this list?

THICKWICK (3-0)
    LEGACY PREMIER #8762323 ON 09/13/2015

4 Bloodghast
    1 Flayer of the Hatebound
    4 Golgari Grave-Troll
    4 Golgari Thug
    4 Ichorid
    4 Narcomoeba
    4 Nether Shadow
    4 Phantasmagorian
    4 Stinkweed Imp
    4 Street Wraith
    3 Whirlpool Rider

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Dread Return
    3 Gitaxian Probe

3 Force of Will

4 Bridge from Below

2 Dakmor Salvage

Sideboard
    1 Force of Will
    1 Blazing Archon
    2 Contagion
    2 Darkblast
    1 Elesh Norn, Grand Cenobite
    1 Iona, Shield of Emeria 1 Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
    3 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Leyline of the Void
    1 Sheoldred, Whispering One

Dec 2013

A little light on the dredgers/Salvages but apart from that, it's close to what I play (I skipped on the blue package).

I'd say that's about as tight a list as it gets. Though, as long as there are no Disrupting Shoals in the 75, one might just as well run Whirlpool Drake instead of Rider (since you don't need CMC 2 blue cards, all you care about is that they're blue). The extra trigger can matter greatly and makes comboing out a lot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Besides, dropping Spy vs. Show & Tell is living the real dream, right .

"Oh no, my poor library". Next turn, combo out. "Nice Emrakul you got there".
    Ha ha, nice one.

Jun 2011
    n/a

So question. I took blue manaless to the local last night and ran into belcher round three. How would you sideboard against this deck with the list below? I really struggle with a sideboard plan before and after I got dump trucked.

List
    4x Bridge from Below
    4x Cabal Therapy
    4x Chancellor of the Annex
    4x Dread Return
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    4x Golgari Grave-Troll
    4x Golgari Thug
    4x Ichorid
    4x Narcomoeba
    4x Nether Shadow
    4x Phantasmagorian
    3x Shambling Shell
    4x Stinkweed Imp
    4x Street Wraith
    3x Balustrade Spy
    1x Flayer of the Hatebound
    1x Progentius

Sideboard
    4x Force of Will
    4x Disrupting Shoal
    3x Faerie macabre
    3x Whirlpool Rider
    1x Ashen Rider

Dec 2013

Out:
    3 Balustrade Spy
    4 Street Wraith
    2 Phantasmagorian
    1 Nether Shadow
    1 Shambling Shell

In:
    3 Whirlpool Rider
    4 Force of Will
    4 Disrupting Shoal

Gives you the highest number of disruption and blue cards to pitch to FoW. I'm not sure if you'll be able to Shoal anything, but at least you can pitch it to FoW.

Jun 2011
    n/a

Out:
    3 Balustrade Spy
    4 Street Wraith
    2 Phantasmagorian
    1 Nether Shadow
    1 Shambling Shell

In:
    3 Whirlpool Rider
    4 Force of Will
    4 Disrupting Shoal

Gives you the highest number of disruption and blue cards to pitch to FoW. I'm not sure if you'll be able to Shoal anything, but at least you can pitch it to FoW.
    Ok, that’s pretty close to what I did, I wasn’t sure if I should side out the B.Spy pacakage or not because it allows for such a quick win. I did keep the Street Wraith’s in though because it did give me a little ability to dig for a FoW or Shoal. I am pretty new to the deck; Tuesday was the first day I played it ever so I find the sideboarding to be a little challenging with the deck. Thanks

I sideboarded the following:

Out:
    3 Balustrade Spy
    1 Progentius
    1 Flayer of the Hatebound
    4 Nether Shadow
    1 Shambling Shell
    1 Dread Return

IN:
    4 FoW
    4 Shoal
    3 Whirlpool Rider.

Shoal gets the following cards:
    Land Grant
    Desperate Ritual/Pyritic Ritual
    Burning Wish
    Some sideboard cards

Dec 2013

Oh man don't ever board out your Flayer (unless for some reason you also board out all Dread Returns).

That's the single card that lets you close the game quickly.

Also, boarding out all 4 of your Nether Shadow leaves you with so few creatures to feed to Cabal Therapy (important card vs. combo) and Dread Return. You need your creatures man, they're your "lands".

Oh man don't ever board out your Flayer (unless for some reason you also board out all Dread Returns).

That's the single card that lets you close the game quickly.

Also, boarding out all 4 of your Nether Shadow leaves you with so few creatures to feed to Cabal Therapy (important card vs. combo) and Dread Return. You need your creatures man, they're your "lands".
    ^^ Yup.
    Phants, Shell are usually the cards I trim numbers down first and foremost.
    After that it depends on how many side cards I'm choosing to bring in and what opponent I'm facing.

When I play manaless blue (I admit I've been playing storm lately), I play 4 Rider, 4 Force in the main. My main blue count is 16.
    I do this because whilst Spy is a better reanimation target, Rider and Force in the main gives us more room in the side.

Jun 2011
    n/a

Yeah I didn't realize that until last night when I was gold-fishing the deck. I felt like I needed to answer the board, but why bother when you can win game. The nether shadows make sense, and cutting Street Wraith why isn't ideal is probably the most easiest choice. I was thinking about cutting the Spy's and just run maindeck Whirlpool riders to open up some sideboard space

Dec 2013

So... The DTT era was a nightmare for this deck. But with it gone, people'll have to go through a bit more trouble to find their Grafdigger's Cages/RiPs etc, comparable to the pre-Khans meta. Miracles is probably going to run rampant again, which is a pretty good MU for this deck. The uprising of Elves! might suck though.

Anyone planning to bring this badboy out again? I fear my own meta is too hostile to graveyard strategies for this to be a viable choice, but other metas might differ.

So... The DTT era was a nightmare for this deck. But with it gone, people'll have to go through a bit more trouble to find their Grafdigger's Cages/RiPs etc, comparable to the pre-Khans meta. Miracles is probably going to run rampant again, which is a pretty good MU for this deck. The uprising of Elves! might suck though.

Anyone planning to bring this badboy out again? I fear my own meta is too hostile to graveyard strategies for this to be a viable choice, but other metas might differ.
    Yeah I stopped playing Grave-based decks for while, mainly trying to win a game to be honest!!! Given that DTT demanded everyone had hardcore graveyard answers, I'm glad it's gone. That said, I didn't really notice Miracles NOT dominating. They were running DTT aswell round me, so they've been their normal winning-self regardless. I don't really expect that to change...

I am looking forward to pulling out LED/Manaless dredge again. I might wait to see how the meta shapes up though, same reason as yourself.
    RE: Elves, I like Firestorm in LED-dredge, but manaless doesn't really have anything that powerful. Contagion doesn't quite have the same balls, but for me it's an automatic sideboard inclusion to deal with DRS.

Just wish they'd print something new relevant to this deck...

I'd be curious to see how a Manaless variant does with Hangarback Walker, Endless One, Phyrexian Marauder and Shifting Wall.

(All in on Bridge, I know. But still that'd be kind of cool.)

Dec 2013

Not well. They're only useful in your opening hand. And yes, they count for Nether Shadow, but that's pretty much all it does. It's not like if you need the numbers for Grave Troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    I'd be curious to see how a Manaless variant does with Hangarback Walker, Endless One, Phyrexian Marauder and Shifting Wall.

(All in on Bridge, I know. But still that'd be kind of cool.)
    How many can you realistically use beyond the original 8?

Dec 2013

If you cut all the fat (including FoW/Chancellor) you can get the number up to 12 or so. Which means 19% chance of not having any in your opener, 38% chance to have exactly 1, 29% at exactly 2, 11% at exactly 3 and roughly 2,5% at 4 or more.

So generally speaking, you'd have 1 or 2 in your opening 7 when running 12.

Thread Information