Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BW Enlightened Pox

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Re: BW Enlightened Pox

Anger of the Gods is easily the better card, and three damage is stronger against a number of decks. However exiling your own Bloodghast(s) in the process is really unappealing. I'm fine with trading my tokens/Bloodghasts for theirs with Pyroclasm as that's always going to be an uneven trade, but exiling the primary win condition really kills that leverage.

The primary reasoning for Pyroclasm is Elves, Affinity, and other fast token type decks like Grixis Delver, where the cheaper mana does matter. The GWx Voice decks are certainly annoying in this regard, but Pyroclasm still kills a majority of their creatures, and they can be bottlenecked by Ghostly Prison. I ended up moving to 4 Prison in the deck to help with this issue, and it's a noticable difference. In that respect, it at least mitigates some of the problem by them getting around Smallpox and friends. Plus, most decks just won't be able to beat double Prison on top of land destruction, so I'm not sure why I didn't start with four in the first place.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Fwiw I think this deck is actually decently positioned now that you don't have to worry about twin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Fwiw I think this deck is actually decently positioned now that you don't have to worry about twin.
    Depending on the design of the list, Twin could've potentially been a favored matchup. Ghostly Prison combined with any number of land disruption was a serious issue. Though I agree this deck is much better positioned than it was previously, despite one of the better matchups (Bloom vs. land destruction :p) being gone, it opens the door for several other decent matchups to move up that were surpressed by Bloom and Twin. In all honesty, I wouldn't change maybe 1-2 slots entirely from the list I posted on page one even after the bannings, despite that being drastically different than the other decks in the thread.

Thread Information