Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sidisi on the Roof

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Re: Sidisi on the Roof

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    Amulet Bloom has better ways to win, though; Titan is so sickly synergistic with that deck. Does it have room for a 10 card combo kill package that isn't related to Titan?

I like the concept of Lotus Bloom + Pentad Prism. Prism is criminally underused, imho, since it can ramp you 2 mana in a single turn.

Maybe you do it like this:

Sidisi On The Roof

Combo (8)
    ---------

2 Rooftop Storm
    4 Sidisi, Undead Vizer
    1 Sedraxis Alchemist
    1 Grave Scrabbler (In a pinch, you can cheat him out for 1BB with your own discard spells)

Ramp (8)
    ---------

4 Lotus Bloom
    4 Pentad Prism

Protection (11)
    ---------

4 Thoughtseize
    3 Inquisition of Kozeliek (I miss cabal therapy)
    4 Abrupt Decay

Tutor: (3)
    ---------

3 Ethereal Usher (Can get either Storm or Mikeaus!)

Aggro Plan B: (To put on pressure while you durdle for combo) (10)
    ----------

4 Gravecrawler
    1 Lotleth Troll
    1 Grim Grin, Corpse Born
    3 Diegraf Captain
    1 Mikeaus, the Unhallowed

Lands (20)
    ----------
    6 Fetches
    5 Shocks
    3 Cavern of Souls
    2 Mutavault
    2 Swamps
    2 Island

The gameplan here is to deploy an early dork or disruption to see what's going on with the opponent. Then, on turn 1 or 2, you deploy mana acceleration and apply pressure with creatures. You're aiming for 6 mana on turn 4 with the intention of using Decay or discard to remove your roadblocks to victory.

There are a lot of combos happening here. Rooftop Storm wins in a variety of ways depending on what you've got on the board. Grimgrin and Crawlers can just go bonkers all by themselves.

I think Green adds a HUGE amount to the deck because of Abrupt Decay. I could see increasing the number of Lol Trolls and Captains, too, going into an aggro mode. Perhaps a transformational sideboard against control decks?
    Can you explain how do you use the grave scrambler?
    I mean, I see that you get to raise something from the graveyard for 1BB when you also have a discard spell in hand, but I fail to see how it does advance our gameplan.
    If it is a card to get sidisi back from the grave when you have already searched for rooftop storm or one of the win conditions (Diregraf captain or grimgrin), I'd rather use gravecrawler which does'nt require a discard spell.
    Otherwise, I like how you built the deck.
    Did you try it in FNM or tournament?

Dec 2014
    West Lafayette, IN

btw i was thinking of a legacy variant with 4 show and tells 4 eureka; allowing us to put in Rooftop/Omniscience. Legacy gives us lotus petals and sol lands and brainstorms, ponders, Fow....Just having that shell makes it viable but idk if its better than any other. Bonus is that your combo is all without passing priority(aka all the effects are on the stack regardless,) so the only way the opponent has to interact will be with counters or a stifle, STP or abrupt decay only lower your devotion of Gray's kill at the end. I might extend this thread to legacy brew after i get more time to iron out some numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    Can you explain how do you use the grave scrambler?
    I mean, I see that you get to raise something from the graveyard for 1BB when you also have a discard spell in hand, but I fail to see how it does advance our gameplan.
    If it is a card to get sidisi back from the grave when you have already searched for rooftop storm or one of the win conditions (Diregraf captain or grimgrin), I'd rather use gravecrawler which does'nt require a discard spell.
    Otherwise, I like how you built the deck.
    Did you try it in FNM or tournament?
    A gravedigger effect allows you to bring in a storm kill out of the board or in the main because it gives you an extra use of Sidisi. If you just go Sidisi->Alchemist, you have infinite ETB triggers but you can't do anything with them unless you already had a triggered ability in play ready to go.

With a Gravedigger, you do this:
    1. Cast Sidisi, exploit self, get Digger
    2. Cast Digger, return Sidisi to hand.
    3. Cast Sidisi, exploit self, get Alchemist.
    4. Cast Alchemist, bounce self an arbitrary number of times. (You win right now if you have a Diegraf Capt in play.)
    5. Cast Sidisi to get a storm win condition, like Grapeshot.
    5. On final cast of Alchemist, return Digger to hand.
    6. Cast Digger to get back Sidisi again.
    7. Cast Sidisi exploiting whatever to get your storm kill (Grapeshot?)

Without access to a Digger effect in the list, you can only self-exploit once with Sidisi and so you cannot get the second card you need.

Even without the storm kill, having the Digger lets you go from:

Sidisi in hand, + Storm in Play

to

Storm, Sidisi, Alchemist, Grimgrin in play, Digger in yard (This kills if you draw a Sidis or Gravecrawler by going infinite with Grim)

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    4. Cast Alchemist, bounce self an arbitrary number of times. (You win right now if you have a Diegraf Capt in play.)
    How? Isn't Diregraf Captain only going to work if you kill off a creature, which Sedraxis Alchemist doesn't do? You can get infinite storm and then a storm card though, that seems like a pretty good way to go if you aren't winning through devotion.

Sep 2014
    US

What does Sidisi offer that running Conspiracy and then dropping a few Eldrazi doesn't? I think the deck is really cool but am wondering when one would actually play it?

Quote Originally Posted by disc View Post
    What does Sidisi offer that running Conspiracy and then dropping a few Eldrazi doesn't? I think the deck is really cool but am wondering when one would actually play it?
    - Rooftop Storm doesn't make conspiracy 0 to cast.
    - Rooftop + Sidisi is a 2 card combo, as opposed to Rooftop + Conspiracy + Emrakul
    - The zombies on their own can be semi-functional as some kind of midrange tribal deck when you don't have the combo

So wait, if the new shell is 4 Rooftop Storm, 4 Sidi, Undead Vizier, 1-4 Gravedigger, 1 Sedraxis Alchemist, 1 Grapeshot... then well, it doesn't seem that bad. One bad thing about running a singleton Gravedigger would be you can't Sidisi>Rooftop Storm>Rooftop Storm>Gravedigger>win. Still though...

edit: idea, instead of Grapeshot just run Grave Titan. Bounce all your opponents creatures, resolve Titan along with a Gravedigger, Sidisi, and an Alchemist. That has to be a win? Also allows for dumb things like going Sidisi>Titan.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    So wait, if the new shell is 4 Rooftop Storm, 4 Sidi, Undead Vizier, 1-4 Gravedigger, 1 Sedraxis Alchemist, 1 Grapeshot... then well, it doesn't seem that bad. One bad thing about running a singleton Gravedigger would be you can't Sidisi>Rooftop Storm>Rooftop Storm>Gravedigger>win. Still though...

edit: idea, instead of Grapeshot just run Grave Titan. Bounce all your opponents creatures, resolve Titan along with a Gravedigger, Sidisi, and an Alchemist. That has to be a win? Also allows for dumb things like going Sidisi>Titan.
    How are you bouncing all of your opponents creatures? Also remember that grave titan is not a zombie

Yep, I was stoned, can't bounce your opp creatures. Pretty terrible. Still, the Grapeshot idea does cut down on space. Still a 2 card combo as you have Sidisi.

Thread Information