1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Sylvan Safekeeper
    1 Choke
    1 Oblivion Ring
    1 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Zealous Persecution
    1 Armageddon
    2 Thoughtseize

after a few weeks of testing a legacy gauntlet this is the list I wanted to play. I cut the safekeeper to the SB because i felt it was only needed when play vs combo that could remove my hatebears (thalia, teeg and canonist) most people play light and shadow or no batterskull at all but the main weakness of the deck is a ton of removal and batterskull (and sigarda) both beat swords/decay/bolt which the rest of my deck is weak to.

Round 1, RW Prison-Bera Duneu, 2-0
    I played the person I drove up with,great!
    game one: I know the deck list and it has stoneforge to get jitte, 2! batterskull and sofai. fun cards for maverick to deal with but on top of that it has blood moon, magus of the moon and chalice of the void.
    the game takes 20 minutes of grinding back n forth.I won by green sunning for a sigarda and hitting him in the air.

SB notes In 1 swords, 1 needle, 1 o ring, 1 pridemage, 1 ooze
    Out 4 thalia 1 bog
    game two: he goes t1 sol land-go I go heath for mom go he goes another sol and chome mox play batterskull. I had teeg in my hand :(. the resolved mother holds off the skull for a while. I eventually get him to tap out to kill the skull while i have teeg out and iv killed his stoneforge. i win but connecting jitte and killing his 3 simin spirt guides while I've been at 4 for a few turns.
    R2 Infect- james 1-2
    game one he mulls to 6.I get jitte on a deathrite and kill all his treats i play a few dudes to rep a reasonable clock. he scoops with no cards in hand seeing the writing on the wall.

SB notes
    In 1 needle, 1 pridemage, 2 ZP, 1 oring 2 Thoughtsieze 1 choke
    out 2 mystic 1 skull 1 sofai 1 teeg 1 drs 1 gsz 1 knight ( after the round a few of us say i should leave in 1 sfm to fetch jitte, I agree)

g2 he goes t1 elf i try to swords it but he forces and kills me on t3 or 4.

g3 goes on a few trades and board progression. i draw like 3 lands in a row i played a fetch over my waste on the turn i play my KOTR. He EOT crop rotation for ink moth attacks with an exalted triggers invigorate,invigorate with double vines backup and the mana to cast it. so the wasteland wasnt too relvent.

Round 3 Death and taxes 2-0
    I figure this match up is "piss poor"
    game one he goes cavern on human into mom and i swords it. he goes t1 wasteland me, I play land deathrite he doesnt draw another land for 3 turns and scoops

SB notes
    in 2 ZP 1 oring 1 swords 1 pridemage 1 needle
    put 1 teeg 1 spirit 4 thalia

game 2 he resloves t1 mom and i cry while playing a deathrite. he goes t2 thalia i go land go he goes revoker on deathrite. I ZP him and then cast mom with my DRS. the game goes on and i get jitte in play and yeah that was it after one hit.

Round 4 UW miracles 2-0 ( I know right?)
    game one he goes tundra top i go wasteland go he plays island go i hit my land drops and curve out with thalia and sfm for SOFAI he does terminus me but iv had knight and a shamen in my hand drop them and attack to kill him.

SB notes- I didnt side in my safekeeper like a mongo!
    in 1 choke 1 geddon 1 needle 1 pridemage 1 o ring
    out 3 swords 1 jitte 1 bog

game 2 my hand is nuts! thalia and choke and teeg!
    he goes t1 fetch,basic island top i go land DRS go he goes plains go I slam the choke like my life depended on it. it resolves. I'm happy as a fat kid in a candy store.
    he top with the plains and drops a tarn into basic island. i play teeg and attack with thalia and activate drs. he goes spin top go. i play sylvan library and mom and attack with thalia and teeg until he is dead. he later shows me the disenchant for the choke but cant cant it because thalia made it cost 2W while his 3rd mana was tapped due to choke. so yeah play choke ASAP!

Round matt on USA delver 2-0

game one he mulls to 6 plays delver go it hits me a few turns after playing a dude or 2 and he doesn't ever draw a white source but also wasting me twice tha game makes me think he is on UR delver with wastelands. i answer his delver at 14 play more dudes and attack after he goes a few turns of ponder/ BS go draws a 2nd delver but i decay it and he scoops at 12 with my having knight and drs out.
    game 2 he hits a young pyro n t2 i swords it he forces makes 1/1 i take 3 and swords his young pyro this time cast brainstorm but doesnt find the force and makes 1/1 my board sucks so i fetch into arbor to block a 1/1 but its about 5 turns of nothing and i take 7 off his 1/1 but eventually draw sfm and cast the jitte into a daze then draw a knight but i cast it before i fetch ( not playing around submerge) but he swords it so i fetch and go to 15 after the swords sitting at a nice life total i feel safe while he is at 8 or so. i get a batterskull but he councils judgments it then wear/tear my sword of fire and ice. but I'v hit him with my squire for mad turns and get him to 2. i play mom he submerges it on the spot so i fetch it away because its not doing anything this game. i draw swords, decay, swords. i swords his delver while he is at 2 and kill him with a SFM. im sure i left out alot this game was swords and bolts and delvers OH MY!

sb notes
    in 2 zp 1 swords 1 pridemage 1 choke
    out 1 teeg 1 gsz 1 knight 1 sigarda 1 ooze

r6 0-2 shardless
    ofcourse i lose my win and in match!
    game one is removal into goyf into decay into goyf and I die really fast
    game two is the same. but my spirt shut down both of his cascades into vision and BS. but not good enough vs 2 shardless and 2 drs while i have nothing.
    sb notes
    in 1 choke 1 swords 1 ooze
    out 1 teeg 1 pridemage 1 kotr

r7 elves 2-1
    so i see my opponent and i know he is on elves. super fun because i can't beat the deck.

g1 i get hoofed and scoops

g2 i get a canonist out early and kill his dudes and play a teeg so i feel good and kill him eventually afer i cant ZP to 3-for-1 him hr also decayed my canonist over my needle on wirewood which he may have won at that point

g3 he mulls to 5 i thoughtsieze play a bunch of dues and GSZ for teeg. i have 2 active mom he goes cradle add 2, cradle add 2 tap dryad arbor n tiage cast ruruic thar!.
    my mom holds him off and i have to TS him which takes me from 11 to 3. i did this to have a spells to drs him to 5. pro green my canonist and attack. to 3 i unta[ pro green my canonist and teeg and swing for game! holy crap i beat elves! finally! and for 13th place, 100 bucks and a play mat!

sb notes
    in 3 canonist 1 needle 1 swords 2 thougtsieze 1 safekeeper
    out 4 thalia 1 bog 1 pridemage 1 drs 1 knight

as for the list I really like it and am going to practice vs more of my bad match ups and tune the list for the next scg event i can drive to.
    thanks for reading my awful grammar
    PS, respect women and play maverick.
    Maverick for life

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Re: 13th with M@verick at SCG Syracuse IQ

Your deck have 18 cards which depict a female figure on cardpictures:) Is that the highest in legacy?
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

I believe so
    Maverick for life

Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    Your deck have 18 cards which depict a female figure on cardpictures:) Is that the highest in legacy?
    I even count 19.

4 Knight of the Reliquary
    4 Mother of Runes
    2 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    3 Ethersworn Canonist
    I refuse to play without tuck. Tuck you, RC.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by NeZ View Post
    I even count 19.

4 Knight of the Reliquary
    4 Mother of Runes
    2 Stoneforge Mystic
    1 Spirit of the Labyrinth
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    4 Thalia, Guardian of Thraben
    3 Ethersworn Canonist
    I forgot that Spirit of the Labyrinth is also "her".

The older version(before DRS print) had more heriarchs, and could also inculde Elspeth and witness.
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

I'm pretty sure Dryad Arbor depicts feminine trees if that counts.

Feb 2013
    Warsaw, Ny

I am glad I dodged your deck at Syracuse. Thoughtseize is good against my own Stoneforge Mystic. Teeg shuts down most of my removal (Jace, Terminus, Engineered Explosives, supreme verdict). And your big angel is a beat down That is insanely hard to remove too. Your list looks solid man. :) Good job placing 13th.

Thread Information