Thread: [Article]Eternal Europe: Looking At Legacy At The Invitational

[Article]Eternal Europe: Looking At Legacy At The Invitational

I like taking a look at the Legacy metagame through the lense of big event results from time to time and the SCG Invitational seemed like a pretty solid opportunity. Originally planned to make this one work for last week but with the Invitational ending after my deadline and some scheduling issues, it was delayed to this week. Enjoy!

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...itational.html
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Joe Cool Above All
    Sep 2007

Re: [Article]Eternal Europe: Looking At Legacy At The Invitational

I really like that Esper list, Legacy is in such a good place right now.

I really like the Chris Andersen - Esper Thopter Foundry list. I wonder if the list can work without the black (Thoughtsize and Baleful Strix). Maybe adding a combination of Path to Exile and Counterbalance (and Top?)?

Judgy Curmudgeon
    Feb 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Guest2511 View Post
    I really like the Chris Andersen - Esper Thopter Foundry list. I wonder if the list can work without the black (Thoughtsize and Baleful Strix). Maybe adding a combination of Path to Exile and Counterbalance (and Top?)?
    It could certainly work, but I'm not sure why you would want to. Strix is arguably one of the best answers to Goyf in the format, Thoughtseize has practically 0 opportunity cost and gives you a proactive card (not to mention information), and Celestial Colonnade costs a LOT to animate and gets blocked (don't underestimate the number of games that just get played out in a straight control route.)

If you really want to play Counter/Top, just play CounterTop and put the ThopterSword combo in (instead of something really efficient, like the Mentor versions from Japan.)
    Check out my Legacy UBTezz Primer. Chalice of the Void: Keeping Magic Fair.
    -----
    Playing since '96. Brief forced break '02-04. Former/Idle Judge since '05. Told Smmenen to play faster at Vintage Worlds.
    -----
    Most of the 'Ban brainstorm!' arguments are based on the logic that 'more different cards should get played in Legacy', as though the success or health of the format can be measured by the portion of cards that are available and see play. This is an idiotic metric.

Thread Information