Thread: Eternal Classic (9/18-20) Durham NC: Leg & Vint; Prizes: Mox Sap, Duals, more

Eternal Classic (9/18-20) Durham NC: Leg & Vint; Prizes: Mox Sap, Duals, more

Atomic Empire Eternal Classic
    September 18th - 20th

Want to win a Mox Sapphire (Vintage) or more duals (Legacy)? Are you brave enough to play with the oldest spells Magic has to offer? Test your skills against other planeswalkers in Legacy and Vintage for great glory and even greater prizes!

Friday Night Legacy: 7:30pm
    $5 entry, prizes in store credit. Regular Rules Enforcement Level. No proxies allowed. Swiss rounds based on the number of players in attendance.
    For more info and to pre-register for Friday Night Legacy, visit AtomicEmpire.com.

Legacy: Saturday @ 11 am ($50 prereg by 9/1/15, or $60 after that)
    Swiss rounds followed by single elimination rounds based on the number of players in attendance. Competitive Rules Enforcement Level with decklists required. Zero proxies allowed.
    Legacy Deck Construction Rules
    For more info and to pre-register for Legacy, visit AtomicEmpire.com.

Vintage: Sunday @ 11 am ($50 prereg by 9/1/15, or $60 after that)
    Unsanctioned. 15 proxies allowed. Swiss rounds followed by single elimination rounds based on the number of players in attendance. Competitive Rules Enforcement Level with decklists required.
    Vintage Deck Construction Rules
    For more info and to pre-register for Vintage, visit AtomicEmpire.com.

Prizes:
    Legacy:
    1st: 3 Revised Underground Sea
    2nd: 3 Revised Volcanic Island
    3rd: 3 Revised Tundra
    4th: 3 Revised Tropical Island
    5th: 1 Revised Underground Sea
    6th: 1 Revised Volcanic Island
    7th: 1 Revised Tundra
    8th: 1 Revised Tropical Island
    All prizes are moderately played or better.

Vintage:
    1st: 1 Unlimited Mox Sapphire
    2nd: 1 Unlimited Time Vault
    3rd-4th: 1 Judge Foil Demonic Tutor
    5th-8th: 1 Worldwake Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    All prizes are moderately played or better.

Of note:
    1) The store has an extensive singles collection: Singles
    2) Great beer selection on tap.
    3) Huge, open play space and tons of parking.

Re: Eternal Classic (9/18-20) Durham NC: Leg & Vint; Prizes: Mox Sap, Duals, more

Scans of the prize cards have been added to the Atomic Empire Facebook page. Enjoy.
    I hope to see a bunch of people there next month!

Re: Eternal Classic (9/18-20) Durham NC: Leg & Vint; Prizes: Mox Sap, Duals, more

Better scans posted on the stores forum page.

Both main events will be streamed live on the store's stream.

Also, check back soon for updates on hotel and restaurant deals for people who enter the tournament!

How many people are you expecting? If it's not too many then I guess that explains the high entry fee

Quote Originally Posted by princeofperasia View Post
    How many people are you expecting? If it's not too many then I guess that explains the high entry fee
    No idea. I don't work there, I am just trying to get people to show up. The store is great, the player quality is high, and the store invested a ton in prizes for the tournament so the EV is very high.

Previous smaller versions of the the Eternal Classic tournaments with much smaller prize pools have drawn ~40 for each event. I know the store is hoping for more, but I don't know what to expect.

Edit: The store's play area can (and has) comfortably run tournaments with 200 people, so they are prepared for a big showing.
    Last edited by limbo; 09-01-2015 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by princeofperasia View Post
    The great prize support explains the high entry fee. Stores charge $30 for SCG IQs with dick for prizes.

The prize pool is indeed insane.

Also of note, if you win but don't want or need the cards you win:

1) The store, in most cases, will give you credit equal to their buy value on the cards (see the singles inventory list above to see if they are buying and what else is available) to use on other singles or merchandise. I don't know if they will give cash or not. Call and ask if you are curious.

2) The owner informed me that in all cases regardless of current inventory, instead of the cards you can have the store make a charitable donation in your name equal to the card value to a verified charity of your choice. For example, I own a full set of duals, so if I top8 the legacy event the store is going to keep the lands and give a donation to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. If this option interests you, I would recommend letting the store know ahead of time about your charity of interest.

It is a great place to play, the people are awesome, the prize pool is outstanding, and they really want their players to have an excellent experience. I am stoked for the tournament and I hope others are too.

Festivities start tomorrow. Hope to see a bunch of you there.

Remember FNM @ 7:30 is legacy. No proxy, but only $5 entry so a great place to test out last minute changes and get a feeling for what the Saturday metagame might be. Check the singles counter for the last few cards you need to fill out your updated lists.

Also if you are using proxies or alters for Vintage on Sunday, you can probably find the Sunday judge and get pre-approval for them on Friday or Saturday. Folks at the snack bar and the judges' table will know who is judging each event and should be able to point them out as needed.

Decklists and coverage waivers should also be available at the snack bar.

Trying to stir up interest in Atlanta. I will probably skip Legacy but I'm really hoping to battle Vintage again.

-Sean

Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Trying to stir up interest in Atlanta. I will probably skip Legacy but I'm really hoping to battle Vintage again.

-Sean
    Hope you can stick around to play out the finals this year!

Quote Originally Posted by limbo View Post
    Hope you can stick around to play out the finals this year!
    Well you've cleverly *not* scheduled this Vintage event on Super Bowl Sunday :p

Edit: and I've voiced it before but I vote to switch Vintage back to Saturday ... most of your out of towners are coming for Vintage and Saturday is the easier travel day. My opinion anyway.

Edit2: and don't put people with crappy proxies on camera.

Thread Information