Thread: [Article]Eternal Europe: Kyoto Spotlight

[Article]Eternal Europe: Kyoto Spotlight

Couldn't resist reviewing the first Asian Legacy GP even if it comes at the back of the SCG Invi analysis two weeks ago:

http://www.starcitygames.com/article...Spotlight.html
    I don't have low self-esteem, I have low esteem for everyone else. -Daria

Proud member of Team CAB
    High Priest of the Church of BLA

CAB JaceTM

My articles

Re: [Article]Eternal Europe: Kyoto Spotlight

I really liked the article. The interesting things to me were the sideboarded YP tech, not the lack of enter the infinites. Also, that rain of filth tech was super spicy--feels like a good choice for beating the delver soft permission, while also being a haymaker must-counter ritual for the other blue decks. Doomsday mainboard tech makes it to the mainstream.

The miracles lists looked messy--perfect for the expected metagame, sure, but terribly messy. I can't imagine trying to play that list against a stock RG/RGU lands build or stock punishing jund--hell, even shardless BUG. Keeping up with any of those decks feels like its impossible without the consistency of ponders + snapcaster mages or the full on legendary engine.

The mentor-miracles build looked pretty sweet, but again, a solid metagame choice that would be really messy in the early rounds of something like an American GP/open.

Mons, Goblin Chief is excited by a goblins result? No really, we couldn't have guessed that. But seriously, glad you got to have a storm top 4 and a goblins showing this weekend. Although I didn't see any *cedits* in the section on goblins placing, and I was looking forward to his commentary.

Fantastic article! You produce the best Legacy content on the internet. Thanks!!

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Great piece, man.

I also loved the Esper Stoneblade list. Raw focus.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

I liked your assessment of the 4colour delver list.
    It's a shame Gerry kind of stole your thunder in the comments haha, that Dack deck is so sweet.

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by Patrunkenphat7 View Post
    Fantastic article! You produce the best Legacy content on the internet. Thanks!!
    Absolutely. As BBD said: https://twitter.com/BraunDuinIt/stat...935168?lang=en
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

Thread Information