Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eternal Weekend: Legacy/Vintage Champs (August 21st- August 23rd, Philadelphia)

Re: Eternal Weekend: Legacy/Vintage Champs (August 21st- August 23rd, Philadelphia)

I'll be there.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Re: Eternal Weekend: Legacy/Vintage Champs (August 21st- August 23rd, Philadelphia)

The old school tournament has 45 people registered. That's sick. Pumped for Friday!
    Languages and dates for every set. For all you true pimps.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Months ago when requesting days off:
    "Sorry, I don't think..."

Yesterday:
    "Enjoy your weekend off!"

-_-

I mean at least I now have the weekend off, but there's still the bad news of not having time to make plans. With that in mind, does anyone have any spare floorspace? Getting down's not a problem, but I can't justify finding a room for just me.

Edit: Hotel buddies have been found.
    Last edited by iamajellydonut; 08-19-2015 at 09:58 PM.

Questions for other people going to this event:

- What room is it in exactly? The Convention Center is a huge building spread over three city blocks. I want to get to the right room as quickly and efficiently as possible. The exact Room Letter/Number is not listed on the cardtitan website - does anyone here know definitively which room it is in (which would allow me to use the proper entrance first instead of fumbling for it).

- Is anyone else going to be using the Arch Street "Convention Center Parking" parking garage? They say there's a $15/day price if I pre-purchase the parking on a website. Has anyone else done this or can recommend any specific parking garage to use? (I live an hour or so away so I won't be staying in a Hotel for this tournament, but will rather be driving into the city in the morning.)

Edit: Ignore if you saw this post before. It got switched (I swear the website said Ballroom last week). It's in Hall F now. You want to enter at the northeast side of Arch and 12th (The one directly across from REading Market, diagonal from Panera Bread/The Burger Place/Event Hotel (Home2)).

It's the same room where the GP last year, and the GP in 2008 both were, if anyone remembers those.

Also, anyone know what security will be like on Sunday for Vintage?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Nocley View Post
    Also, anyone know what security will be like on Sunday for Vintage?
    I'm sure it will be wrist-bands and matching ones on your bag. Must be matched up on entering or leaving the play-area. If you don't have a band, no admittance to the play area. That's how it was 2 years ago when I went, I imagine it will be similar this year. Mind you, that's the whole weekend, not just Sunday.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I'm sure it will be wrist-bands and matching ones on your bag. Must be matched up on entering or leaving the play-area. If you don't have a band, no admittance to the play area. That's how it was 2 years ago when I went, I imagine it will be similar this year. Mind you, that's the whole weekend, not just Sunday.
    My understanding is that yes, two years ago that was the case, but not last year.

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

My understanding is that yes, two years ago that was the case, but not last year.
    True. There was a standard or limited PTQ right next to it too. I couldn't tell the difference because the cards weren't valuable enough.

Look, if you're concerned, here's some advice:

Site Contributor

Jun 2013
    Philadelphia, PA

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Months ago when requesting days off:
    "Sorry, I don't think..."

Yesterday:
    "Enjoy your weekend off!"

-_-

I mean at least I now have the weekend off, but there's still the bad news of not having time to make plans. With that in mind, does anyone have any spare floorspace? Getting down's not a problem, but I can't justify finding a room for just me.
    I've got a sofa, but also a cat and a wife. One of the two will have to give permission. I'll get back to you.

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by btm10 View Post
    I've got a sofa, but also a cat and a wife. One of the two will have to give permission. I'll get back to you.
    :D

Lovely gesture! But someone already said I could have their unsavory hotel floor, so I'm all set. Thanks for the consideration though.

Also, the septa station name is now "Jefferson statiom" and no longer market east

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

Also, the septa station name is now "Jefferson statiom" and no longer market east
    Definitely worth noting - I almost missed it last year!

Yeah I was freaking out looking at the train schedule from the suburbs as I haven't taken septa in at least 3 years

Undefeated hair
    Jan 2012
    Seattle, WA

Anyone know what twitch channel this is being streamed on?

Oct 2011
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    Anyone know what twitch channel this is being streamed on?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cardtitan

Oct 2013
    The Naki, NZ

What time do the Legacy and Vintage events start, and is coverage from Round 1 or 3?

http://www.twitch.tv/cardtitan

believe coverage starts round 3, or 12 pm ET.

Jun 2011
    Czech Republic

It is on.

Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by theBloody View Post
    It's ON.
    ftfy

Jun 2011
    Czech Republic

Well, let's enjoy standard, right

EDIT: Alright, they'll switch to legacy soon.

EDIT2: Apparently not until this std match is over.

Thread Information