Thread: What is a good legacy aggro deck?

What is a good legacy aggro deck?

Just wondering I am looking to really step up my game plan and I was wondering what is a good aggro deck for the format? I have affinity and fish. But I hear affinity doesn't make it very far in tournaments and fish can be easily countered I guess? Im aldo not sure on the whole fair vs. Unfair deal between decks. What is a good aggro deck to have For tournament play
    Also these are my line ups for affinity and fish:

Affinity

Artifact (12)
    4xCranial Plating
    4xMox Opal
    4xSpringleaf Drum

Artifact Creature (24)
    4xArcbound Ravenger
    4xEtched Champion
    4xMemnite
    4xOrnithopterhopter
    4xSignal Pest
    4xVault Skirge

Creature (2)
    2xStoneforge Mystic

Planeswalker (4)
    4xTezzeret, Agent of Bol..

Land (16)
    4xAncient Den
    2xAncient Tomb
    2xInkmoth Nexus
    4xSeat of the Synod
    4xVault of Whispers

Sideboard

Artifact (7)
    3xChalice of the Void
    2xGrafdigger's Cage
    2xRelic of Progenitus

Artifact Creature (6)
    3xEthersworn Canonist
    3xMasacre

Instant (2)
    2xDiabolic Edict

Fish

Not sure about a sideboard though

Artifact (4)
    4xÆther Vial

Creature (24)
    3xCoralhelm Commander
    3xCursecatcher
    3xKira, Great Glass-Spin..
    3xLord of Atlantis
    3xMaster of the Pearl Tr..
    3xPhantasmal Image
    3xSilvergill Adept
    3xTrue-Name Nemesis

Enchantment (2)
    2xSpreading Seas

Instant (8)
    4xDaze
    4xForce of Will

Land (22)
    4xCavern of Souls
    10xIsland
    4xMutavault
    4xWasteland

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: What is a good legacy aggro deck?

Bryant Cook has a pretty solid 5 color aggro goblins deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Ty Megadeus I will try to look for this deck. Anyone got any other ideas in the meantime?

Quote Originally Posted by Tahumatu2010 View Post
    Ty Megadeus I will try to look for this deck. Anyone got any other ideas in the meantime?
    He's trolling you. He's referring to The Epic Storm which is a combo deck that sometimes puts 10+ goblins onto the battlefield in a single turn.

When you say aggro do you mean balls to the wall creatures/burn at your face with no disruption? In that case probably affinity is the closest you'll find, but it's not that great.

I honestly think the closest to aggro that are competitive would either be Merfolk or RUG Delver even though they're not necessarily aggro. The printing of terminus (among others) really stopped pure aggro from being competitive, imo.

Turn 1 delver followed by stopping your opponent from interacting and finishing them off with bolt can be pretty close to what you want.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

There's no real aggro deck in the format for various reasons, e.g. losing to combo and Terminus.

If this helps I am looking for a deck that is very fast pace but has a back up plan in case plan a fails

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Tahumatu2010 View Post
    Just wondering I am looking to really step up my game plan and I was wondering what is a good aggro deck for the format? I have affinity and fish. But I hear affinity doesn't make it very far in tournaments and fish can be easily countered I guess? Im aldo not sure on the whole fair vs. Unfair deal between decks. What is a good aggro deck to have For tournament play
    It really depends on what decks you're facing at tournaments. The best way to find out is by playing in events. Find out what is popular or consistently doing well and then adjust your deck choice or card choices in order to improve your chances. Affinity and Merfolk are not considered Tier I decks, but that doesn't mean they couldn't be good choices depending on the decks you're trying to beat.

Thread Information