Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: About Todd Anderson's SCG Worcester Legacy Crash Course

About Todd Anderson's SCG Worcester Legacy Crash Course

The article is premium about Legacy, which is rare on SCG site. Most of time it's KOTTER trying to generate some buzz about the format.
    http://www.starcitygames.com/article...sh-Course.html

I only have one complaint about the article. Seriously, Todd, you were at GP NJ, so were BBD, so were Schonegger, so were Lossett. Actually, BBD was on WUR Blade at the time and won it all. You could at least mention Schonegger's name with regards to the Ponder Miracles. Accredit that build to BBD without some kind of citations to another articles contributor for the same site, it doesn't settle well with me.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Re: About Todd Anderson's SCG Worcester Legacy Crash Course

Todd's scum. Admits Abzan is real to sell more staples and Junk isnt a real name. No comment.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    The article is premium about Legacy, which is rare on SCG site. Most of time it's KOTTER trying to generate some buzz about the format.
    http://www.starcitygames.com/article...sh-Course.html

I only have one complaint about the article. Seriously, Todd, you were at GP NJ, so were BBD, so were Schonegger, so were Lossett. Actually, BBD was on WUR Blade at the time and won it all. You could at least mention Schonegger's name with regards to the Ponder Miracles. Accredit that build to BBD without some kind of citations to another articles contributor for the same site, it doesn't settle well with me.
    The SCG Mini-verse: "All decks ever are created and popularized by SCG Writers and Grinders"

The problem: People believe that bullshit and some loud-mouthed guys with a platform get credit for work other did. Here, Philip was basically BBDs Wozniak
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Put something behind a paywall on that site and I just don't care. No one there writes anything I am interested in playing for. I would rather pay to keep this site going. The information to noise ratio is far greater here if you don't spend too much time on the B/R thread.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Crediting 4 Ponder Miracles to BBD instead of Schonegger is kind of a douche move.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

From my reply on their website:

I know that this might be targeted towards American audiences, but even in the US, the one person that's known for developing and popularizing 4 Ponder Miracles is Philipp Schönegger. If you wanna go even further back, you have Levy in Strasbourg, who has been less outspoken about it. No offense to BBD, but in a community that is pretty big about name-dropping etc, this looks like a pretty big misattribution.

Also, when you talk Shardless BUG, you talk Jean-Mary Accart. His list has been Top8'ing pretty much every somewhat major European Legacy event in the past 6 months. Really makes me want to go ahead and start/finish an "From the European PoV" article :)
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

I don't think quoting BBD's list as an exemple is a douche move, it's just logical that SCG grinders support each other in their articles. It would have been quite bad to give him credit for the idea of running 4 ponders but that is not what is being said, or my english became rather poor.
    Besides if Philipp did popularized a lot 4 ponders in miracles, he clearly wasn't the first one to do that. Raphael Levy went top16 in Strasbourg in 2013 with them and others had success in tournaments before with the playset.
    http://magic.tcgplayer.com/db/article.asp?ID=11121

EDIT : lol thank you Julian, but I am perfectly fine with people from SCG saying meddling mage is very bad and never quoting my name. The less the decklist without discard and my name are known and the less meddling mages are expected, the better it is for me or Tristan in actual tournaments.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

We are lost. We can never go home.
    May 2011
    Noricum

Quote Originally Posted by Lejay View Post
    Besides if Philipp did popularized a lot 4 ponders in miracles, he clearly wasn't the first one to do that. Raphael Levy went top16 in Strasbourg in 2013 with them and others had success in tournaments before with the playset.
    Never said I was the first. Nobody did.

Greetings
    My articles here, here, here and here | My current list | Follow me on Twitter | Questions I answered.

nidubuild
    Jan 2006
    Paris-France

Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer View Post
    Never said I was the first. Nobody did.

Greetings
    Of course, I remember you mentioning Levy in your articles. But it has been implied several times on this forum and even in this thread.
    CLICK HERE FOR THE RULES OF A VERY FUN MULTIPLAYER CASUAL FORMAT
    You very likely can build it without spending any money, just out of what you already have.

An example with my (very large) list in a visual form

Tundra Player
    Feb 2011
    Atlanta

If you really want to trace the '4-Ponder' miracles history, it goes all the way back to Carsten Kotter's Caw Cartel deck, which became Caw Terminator. Here's the earliest success I can remember for the 'miracles' version - Shawn French's success after cutting Squadron Hawk in SCG Orlando back in 2012. I know my memory is biased though since that list is a derivative of what I was working on at the time.

Looking back, That list is really awkward but it's the earliest thing I can find that resembled current Miracles.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

It's not about IF Phil was the first to pickup or popularize Ponder-Miracles, but about BBD credited despite having nothing to do with the decks development and popularization
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

So, I may be a bit ignorant in this matter considering that I find Miracles irritable to play with and because all of my vouchers for premium time have gone towards new coasters, but just to be clear, we are trying to attribute the usage of one of the most basic building blocks, a card that has been considered relatively "fundamental" since its creation, to a single person, and we are outraged because Todd Anderson picked wrong?

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    We are outraged because Todd Anderson picked wrong?
    No, stupid! It's about ethics in Magic journalism.
    #pondergate #mtgbullies

So, I may be a bit ignorant in this matter considering that I find Miracles irritable to play with and because all of my vouchers for premium time have gone towards new coasters, but just to be clear, we are trying to attribute the usage of one of the most basic building blocks, a card that has been considered relatively "fundamental" since its creation, to a single person, and we are outraged because Todd Anderson picked wrong?
    No, it's this:

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    It's not about IF Phil was the first to pickup or popularize Ponder-Miracles, but about BBD credited despite having nothing to do with the decks development and popularization

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

I think it's just because Todd Anderson is a dumpy little shit that everyone has wanted to punch in the face since he wrote that ridiculous article whinging about how unsupportive his wife was being about his professional Magic aspirations.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I think it's just because Todd Anderson is a dumpy little shit that everyone has wanted to punch in the face since he wrote that ridiculous article whinging about how unsupportive his wife was being about his professional Magic aspirations.
    Haha, can I read this article or is it another shitty premium one?
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Haha, can I read this article or is it another shitty premium one?
    I would also like a link to this article please.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2008
    Houston, TX

It's this one:

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/m...Pro_Magic.html

The Google search that let me find this one again was depressing, to say the least.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

That was the biggest shit stain of an article I have ever read.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
    It's this one:

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/m...Pro_Magic.html

The Google search that let me find this one again was depressing, to say the least.
    I'm more surprised he had a girlfriend, let alone a wife.

I can't read through that article. That seems like blog tier shit.

Thread Information