Thread: Affinity Burn

Affinity Burn

I was looking around the web and found a deck with affinity with burn elements. I was thinking on running this. How can I improve this and add tezz into the mix?

Creature (21)
    4x Master of Etherium
    3x Memnite
    4x Ornithopter
    4x Signal Pest
    2x Steel Overseer
    4x Vault Skirge

Artifact (11)

4x Cranial Plating
    3x Mox Opal
    4x Springleaf Drum

Instant (10)

2x Boros Charm
    2x Fling
    4x Galvanic Blast
    2x Shrapnel Blast

Land (14)

3x Ancient Den
    4x Great Furnace
    4x Seat of the Synod
    3x Vault of Whispers

Sorcery (4)

4x Thoughtcast

Sideboard (15)

2x Cabal Therapy
    2x Disciple of the Vault
    2x Disenchant
    2x Duress
    1x Grafdigger's Cage
    2x Mindbreak Trap
    2x Pithing Needle
    1x Relic of Progenitus
    1x Tormod's Crypt

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Re: Affinity Burn

Thanks for taking your post here. Is your mana reliable enough to support Boros Charm? That's the first thing that sticks out to me. Tezzeret seems a bit at odds with the strategy of this deck, which seems to be hyperaggression supplemented by burn. Tezzeret is more suited to artifact-based lists that run Sol lands, and he serves the role of the high-powered curve-topper. You might experiment with Tezzeret in the Master of Etherium slot, but I don't know how often you'll be able to cast him. This deck has 14 lands and only 3 Mox Opal, which is on the low end, even with Springleaf Drum helping out. You could also consider Whipflare, which is the best sweeper available to Affinity, and it's quite good against opposing creatures. Lightning Bolt, while not an artifact, sets the standard for cheap removal that can also go to the face. You could test that also.

Thread Information