Thread: [Article] A Reward for Patience – 2nd Place at SCG Cleveland Legacy Premier IQ

[Article] A Reward for Patience – 2nd Place at SCG Cleveland Legacy Premier IQ

After my recent success at the SCG Cleveland Premier IQ, I wrote a kind of memoir in learning miracles up to that point for Eternal Central. The article just got posted this morning so here it is: http://www.eternalcentral.com/a-rewa...cy-premier-iq/

While being mostly a memoir this also includes a report about the tournament I got second at. I hope you all enjoy it. If you guys have any constructive comments, do leave them either in the article or here in my forum post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysandros View Post
    I'm a crusty "old" player who would play nothing but Vintage, Legacy and 93/94 if I could, so I'm probably biased...but I'll never understand the draw to Modern. It's the Communist Soviet Union of MtG formats.
    In regards to Legacy:
    Quote Originally Posted by GrimoirePath View Post
    I dont know, I guess I like the anarchistic, outlaw format that allows everything and can thrive with or without the papal blessing.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Re: [Article] A Reward for Patience – 2nd Place at SCG Cleveland Legacy Premier IQ

Nice report and congratulations on your finish.
    Looking forward to seeing you in Prague.
    Last edited by CabalTherapy; 05-20-2015 at 08:58 AM.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Re: [Article] A Reward for Patience – 2nd Place at SCG Cleveland Legacy Premier IQ

Quote Originally Posted by CabalTherapy View Post
    Nice report and congratulations on your finish.
    Looking forward seeing you in Prague.
    Thanks man! Look forward to meeting you in Prague as well, since your are a representative of European Stormers
    I'm a crusty "old" player who would play nothing but Vintage, Legacy and 93/94 if I could, so I'm probably biased...but I'll never understand the draw to Modern. It's the Communist Soviet Union of MtG formats.
    In regards to Legacy:
    I dont know, I guess I like the anarchistic, outlaw format that allows everything and can thrive with or without the papal blessing.

Awesome report!
    I have two children with Autism, so it is great to see people overcome difficulties and do well! Good luck in your future endeavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rarehuntertay View Post
    Awesome report!
    I have two children with Autism, so it is great to see people overcome difficulties and do well! Good luck in your future endeavors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the compliments and comments! After this article got published I've had some other people contact me and talk about either themselves having some sort of learning disability or a loved one of theirs. It is really touching, and I'm glad that my article hit a nerve with many in a positive way.
    In regards to Legacy:

Nice Report!
    About the slops, Omnitell playing personal tutor for ponder, could indicate he kept a good hand, but lacking (some) mana and cantrips. Ponder is the best way for Omnitell to dig for additional lands.

Thread Information