Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: #Goyfgate at GP Vegas Top 8

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Re: #Goyfgate at GP Vegas Top 8

You have to be pretty retarded to pass a foil tarmogoyf during a draft. I don't get why Pascal was getting flak about it.

What integrity? These are the same people that work for a company that hordes cards to jack up their prices.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Jul 2013
    Rhode Island

This is probably more ridiculous and immature than Crackgate

this is what anyone would do if a foil goyf came your way

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    To be fair, you're supposed to build a sizable pyre underneath it and light it with an arrow from afar.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Almost 20k. This should be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Twitter is blowing hot air into the atmosphere again? Did we need a thread on that? Seams like the only reason for the sites existence.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Snap keep the foil stamped Goyf! #noregrets
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

jungle lion, good?...
    Mar 2010
    Isla de luzón de filipinas

I bet they're all envy at your foil Tarmo. Congrats and good job for landing that goyf!
    TJB

http://deartiyopaeng.blogspot.com/ <---- (updated) MTG related blog. ^_^

TES: 102nd out of 2000 players at GP Kyoto 2015 (Legacy)

UR Storm: 37th of 950 players at GP Guangzhou 2016 (Modern)

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    Owen is the UWR Delver godfather; he's had his ticket to hell for a while.

By the way, all of you, and the entire male gender, love soap opera dramas and he-said-she-said gossip just as much as women do. We just call it sports, politics, and MtG.
    You seriously believe Owen came up with the Patriot Delver idea? Oh dear god, we had that discussion on the board like two weeks ago in regards of Todd Anderson crediting BBD for the development of Ponder Miracles -_-
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

It's back to 16k and the 3k rating guy's bid is gone. What happened?

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

This happened:

He later also shows up in the comments of the picture that Pascal posted to his facebook feed. Apparently the guy is the CEO of some medium (big?) card-selling company and currently making a complete idiot out of himself. In the comments he takes about that people should come and rape him, he doesn't care. He also provides a (his?) phone number so people can call him and curse at him. Then more rape-talk. Seriously, the guy is completly obsessed with getting raped. He also asked one girl whether she ever regretted not fucking some guy that apparently died and whether she hooked up with someone via Tinder during GP Vegas. Either that guys account got hacked or he really went apeshit crazy lunatic idiot.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It's back to 16k and the 3k rating guy's bid is gone. What happened?
    I suspect he withdrew it because the bidding-madness is obviously trolling from the start. Personally, I would have not allowed this as a seller, but yeah
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    This happened:

He later also shows up in the comments of the picture that Pascal posted to his facebook feed. Apparently the guy is the CEO of some medium (big?) card-selling company and currently making a complete idiot out of himself. In the comments he takes about that people should come and rape him, he doesn't care. He also provides a (his?) phone number so people can call him and curse at him. Then more rape-talk. Seriously, the guy is completly obsessed with getting raped. He also asked one girl whether she ever regretted not fucking some guy that apparently died and whether she hooked up with someone via Tinder during GP Vegas. Either that guys account got hacked or he really went apeshit crazy lunatic idiot.
    Sounds hacked.

Also, why do people think they can get away with winning a bid and then not paying? Isn't that supposed to be a legally binding contract in the U.S., too?

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    Owen is the UWR Delver godfather; he's had his ticket to hell for a while.

By the way, all of you, and the entire male gender, love soap opera dramas and he-said-she-said gossip just as much as women do. We just call it sports, politics, and MtG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    You seriously believe Owen came up with the Patriot Delver idea? Oh dear god, we had that discussion on the board like two weeks ago in regards of Todd Anderson crediting BBD for the development of Ponder Miracles -_-
    [god-fah-th er]

noun
    1. a man who serves as sponsor for a child at baptism.
    2. any male sponsor or guardian.
    3. (often initial capital letter) a powerful leader, especially of the Mafia.
    4. a person who is regarded as the originator or principal shaper of a movement, school of thought, art form, industry, or the like: the godfather of abstract expressionism.
    verb (used with object)
    5. to act as godfather to; be sponsor or protector for.

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Sounds hacked.

Also, why do people think they can get away with winning a bid and then not paying? Isn't that supposed to be a legally binding contract in the U.S., too?
    It's probably real, the guy has been showing his scumbag side recently. He took down the Facebook post but he was saying some pretty nasty stuff on there.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Sounds hacked.

I don't think it's legally binding. Or if it is, eBay likely doesn't care enough to actually go to court over it. I know they have some kind of penalty for it.

It is possible to cancel bids you placed, though, before the item is sold, but you have to provide some kind of explanation for it.

Zombie Elf Warrior
    Dec 2004
    seattle

I've won ebay auctions on accident/impulse and neglected to pay for them. I'm an asshole. They just sent me an email saying "Don't you do that again, Mister!" and that was it. I dunno how many strikes you get before they go after you, but I know you get at least one freebie.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    was greg mitchells hair ever on camera?
    Elves Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/2EVsdw2

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    I don't think it's legally binding. Or if it is, eBay likely doesn't care enough to actually go to court over it. I know they have some kind of penalty for it.
    Not Ebay, but the buyer/seller.

At least in Germany, people have been successfully sued over crap like this since the auction is legally binding for all intents and purposes, e.g. the one guy who withdrew his car auction before finishing and had to pay over 5k € compentsation to the highest bidder at that point who sued him in response.

hai 2 u
    Apr 2007
    SoCal - Anaheim

Quote Originally Posted by Blakroc View Post
    Seems about right, but the top bidder right now has almost 3000 ratings, 100% positive. Bid is $16,100. I would seriously reconsider my life if I paid that much for a piece of cardboard with a stamp on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Esper3k View Post
    If I could afford to drop that much on a card, I'd take that as a sign that I was doing something right with my life.
    zing.
    #mtgfinance follow on twitter: @mtgStaples

Quote Originally Posted by OBFREELY
    You should all immediately fire emails at the DCI requesting the banning of Tarmogoyf and Golgari Grave-Troll.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not compelled to address your non-argument based simply on the fact that you're obviously borderline retarded.
    Team Brown & Team Unicorn. Does that make me a Brown Unicorn?

It's supposed to be legally binding but there's a lot of hoops to go through. You need to find the real identity of the bidder, go to court (can be really complicated in international transactions), prove the account wasn't hacked and other hoops. Then at the end you either have a 12 year old kid, a guy in Somalia or someone without the money to pay. All you get is a $5000 lawyer bill and not much else.
    Last edited by Varal; 06-03-2015 at 11:36 PM.

This is retarded. Seems like people getting mad because someone didn't act the way they wanted them to act. Who wouldn't windmill slam that goyf? For a lot of people that talk about EV all the fucking time they sure seem pretty blind to it in this instance.
    "We are goblinkind, heirs to the mountain empires of chieftains past. Rest is death to us, and arson is our call to war."

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Amon Amarth View Post
    This is retarded. Seems like people getting mad because someone didn't act the way they wanted them to act. Who wouldn't windmill slam that goyf? For a lot of people that talk about EV all the fucking time they sure seem pretty blind to it in this instance.
    With Platinum & a Worlds invite on the line, this is much closer than you might expect. Well, that is if the Goyf sell for its regular price. Also, the value of being able to say you won a GP is very real as well, at least to some people. The expected value is clearly different for each person in this case.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

Thread Information