Thread: New store proxy gauntlet.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

New store proxy gauntlet.

I swear this has been asked before, but going back 8 pages I could not find it so forgive me for asking again.

There is a new store opening local to me. The Legacy scene will not shift from the normal shop it is played at, but the store owner for the new store (part of the same chain of stores so they play nice together) has offered me Sunday's as a day to run Proxy Legacy events. So I am going to put some time in and make up to 12 decks to lead out. This is my question.

You have a group that normally play Standard and Modern and you want to run an event for them. What are your chosen decks? I am leaning on not overly complex decks yacht could offer a taste and let people get involved. I will personally not be playing at the events so I can judge them. Leaving no issue with rules for the new players. Here is what I am thinking:

Fish
    Jund
    DnT
    MUD
    SnT (Sneak attack)
    RUG
    BUG
    Goblins
    Elves
    Painter
    Burn
    Blade Control

How do people feel about this as a line up? I want a mix of decks that will have good and bad matchs while not having one deck be too powerful over the others. What would you change in this list and why would you change it? What have I missed? Dredge is left out intentionally because... well I do not want to scare people too much before they are hooked.

Thanks.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

The Agonistic Antagonist
    Mar 2015

Re: New store proxy gauntlet.

Miracles needs to be in there, get rid of Fish. I would also swap out Goblins for Omnitell, and change Burn to either TES or ANT.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Your auto-correct is brutal! Overly complex decks yacht

Burn absolutely needs to be there. It is a deck someone can actually build if it appeals to them.
    Painters Servant Combo seems like an odd choice (I'm thinking it made the list because you enjoy the deck). That is one I would cut.
    I second Miracles as a must have. One in the room isn't too bad.
    Punishing or Dark Maverick seems like a good one to include as well.

Fish - ok
    Jund - ok
    DnT - ok
    MUD - ok
    SnT (Sneak attack) - omni is better, and understand the combo is not even hard
    RUG - ok
    BUG - ok
    Goblins - sadly goblin is not so cool right now, people will most likely hate to get smashed by the other 11 decks, and having 3/12 vial decks is a bit too much
    Elves - ok
    Painter - ok
    Burn - please dont do it, i mean, who cares about burn, is just a boring pile of garbage and you dont get the "eternal feeling" by just playing a modern deck with improved bolts imho
    Blade Control - ok

Missing
    Miracles
    Maybe reanimator
    Maybe a storm combo (but it may be too advanced)
    Maybe a deck that goes hella big like 12Post or Nic Fit, so even your tipical "ramp guy" could find something he likes.

So in the end i would cut burn and goblin for miracles and nic fit/12post and maybe cut a delver deck for reanimator/storm.
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

Oct 2013
    Portugal

Get Dredge in there, there is always a graveyard fanatic who likes to play his own subgames.
    I would second reanimator

my list would be:

Fish
    Jund or Maverick(or both)
    DnT
    MUD
    SnT Combo(eithe S&S or Omni)
    RUG
    BUG
    Elves
    Burn
    Blade Control
    Reanimator
    Dredge(either manaless or led)

If they are starting to get in the scene, the tiers are not wwhat is more important, but the diversity of the field, different strategies and different costs of each deck IMO

Blood Moon Gaming
    May 2014
    Northern Virginia

Add Grixis Delver and Omni imo
    Macky - Blood Moon Gaming
    THE COMBO KING
    www.BloodMoonGaming.com
    Streaming Legacy - www.twitch.tv/Macky984

I would remove Fish and Goblins for Miracles and Maverick, as has been suggested previously. I would sub-out Painter for Burn as well (regardless of what some people think about Burn) and change Sneak and Show into Omni-Tell. I think the key here is that these players are not Legacy players, so using sub-par or oddball decks should be a no-no. I would also leave out Storm and Dredge as those are just going to be too confusing for new Legacy players to pick up and play halfway decently.

I think this is a cool idea, good luck!

Thread Information