Page 8 of 29 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: MTGO discussion

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: MTGO discussion

Leagues are actually coming back mid-September

Well, assuming they're going to be in time (protip: they won't), it's still a huge kick into the balls of Eternal players since neither Legacy or Vintage are going to get leagues.

Aug 2009
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Leagues are actually coming back mid-September

Well, assuming they're going to be in time (protip: they won't), it's still a huge kick into the balls of Eternal players since neither Legacy or Vintage are going to get leagues.
    I think it's safe to assume that eternal formats will get leagues once the initial testing phase is over. At least in the article they state they picked these first leagues to test the implementation.

I really hope it's sooner rather than later. With a full time job, wife with a full time job and toddler running around, time for Legacy has been at a premium lately. I don't have time to devote to a daily event. Leagues would make everything so much better from a scheduling standpoint.

Jun 2010
    Italy

If I get it right, leagues do need a good amount of people playing that format to be run, and that's the reason why first leagues are dedicated to standard and modern.
    Now that they have almost killed both vintage and legacy, and players of these format are decreasing in number, they will say leagues cannot be run due to this very reason...

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Shaman View Post
    If I get it right, leagues do need a good amount of people playing that format to be run, and that's the reason why first leagues are dedicated to standard and modern.
    Now that they have almost killed both vintage and legacy, and players of these format are decreasing in number, they will say leagues cannot be run due to this very reason...
    They have to think that leagues will spark more interest in those formats though...

Quote Originally Posted by yugular View Post
    I think it's safe to assume that eternal formats will get leagues once the initial testing phase is over. At least in the article they state they picked these first leagues to test the implementation.
    Nothing is safe to assume with regards to leagues. It might be 1 month, 1 year or 1 decade.

Aug 2009
    Finland

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Nothing is safe to assume with regards to leagues. It might be 1 month, 1 year or 1 decade.
    It wont be 1 month, but it might be less than a year. Which is totally fine by me as long as its coming in the pipeline.

Mar 2007

I expected them to fuck up the league installation, but they never fail to suprise me in how incompetent they are. They completely nuked the client, including events joining and trading being impossible right now.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

I expected them to fuck up the league installation, but they never fail to suprise me in how incompetent they are. They completely nuked the client, including events joining and trading being impossible right now.
    Over on the reddits, people are reporting being double-entered into events (paying both entry fees), having tickets go missing, and having cards go missing. Oh, and GoatBots got banned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Oh, and GoatBots got banned.
    Why? Are they anti-bot now? Or did GoatBots' owner have a past criminal offense WotC decided didn't mesh well with a digital paper card game?

Mar 2007

Only one account was banned for whatever reason.

Goatbots got already a mass ban in the past 1.5 years ago IIRC before coming back, because their bot script violated the ToS too hard.

Seems like everything is back up. I've tested trading and it does seem to be working just fine.

https://twitter.com/MagicOnline/

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

This one gave me a chuckle (found on reddit)

It somehow ended up attacking its owner.

Mar 2007

Leagues have arrived - and boy, does the prize structure suck:

Edit: Since the other tweet is gone:

Leagues are worse than 8-mans, Eternal DEs are still FUBAR.
    Last edited by Barook; 08-31-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Mar 2007

Where were you when they announced that they can't take down the servers anymore because they're too incomptent for maintenance?

This is bad comedy.

Aug 2009
    Finland

This is bad comedy.

It sure is, but nevertheless im having a blast playing vintage and legacy online!

Feb 2015
    Germany

It sure is, but nevertheless im having a blast playing vintage and legacy online!
    Same here. Besides that, it's the only chance for me to play Vintage on a regular basis.

Site Contributor
    Mar 2013
    Poland

same here, still playing mostly in Tournament Practice and there is always somebody to play with within 10-30sec.
    Legacy:
    Thresh
    Blade
    Miracles
    ANT
    Shardless

Aug 2009
    Finland

So i guess Poland, Germany and Finland are in same boat :)

I am yugular also in mtgo, feel free to add buddy and challenge. I play both Vintage and Legacy and I can build almost any deck if you wish to have specific matchup to try out.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Where were you when they announced that they can't take down the servers anymore because they're too incomptent for maintenance?
    "We've got to get this man to a hospital!"
    "Yeeeah, not a great plan. See..."

Thread Information