Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: MTGO discussion

Re: MTGO discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Negator77' View Post
    MTGO can support ~ five D+T players currently. Those players are probably very unhappy. The rest are certainly not testing on there with a set of Ports officially passing the 1K mark this week.
    Yeah, I was one of the people with ports until the latest spike when I cashed in my account except for some budget decks.

I was always curious about how many are actually out there.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post
    Yeah, I was one of the people with ports until the latest spike when I cashed in my account except for some budget decks.

I was always curious about how many are actually out there.
    Vendors are sitting on a bunch, like at least 50 playsets, which is a little surprising even with a 10% spread. If I was trying to be a market maker I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a $250 card that sees play in 1 deck in a not especially popular format and could have a reprint announced any minute.*

*For some value of 'any minute.'

Now that MTGO seemingly stopped working on Vista, without warning and since the last update, I'm looking to flog my collection:

https://deckbox.org/sets/540886

Legacy wise, I've got a Nic-Fit deck and a False Cure deck:

https://deckbox.org/sets/1505876
    https://deckbox.org/sets/1487397

If anyone is interested (it makes a good starter collection), please drop me a PM. Tks.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by jmlima View Post
    Now that MTGO seemingly stopped working on Vista, without warning and since the last update
    Windows 7 has been listed as the minimum requirement for quite some time now. You should really consider running an operating system that is less than ten years old.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Windows 7 has been listed as the minimum requirement for quite some time now. You should really consider running an operating system that is less than ten years old.
    My only regret was ever upgrading from XP when they said they would continue to support Vista SP2...

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...sts-2016-09-29

People will now be able to get curated constructed cards as prizes from leagues via "treasure chests". Port is included but there is no telling at this point how many will be added. Hopefully the ratio of curated cards to random modern-legal rares is high enough to make an impact.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by supremePINEAPPLE View Post

People will now be able to get curated constructed cards as prizes from leagues via "treasure chests". Port is included but there is no telling at this point how many will be added. Hopefully the ratio of curated cards to random modern-legal rares is high enough to make an impact.
    CostOfAnarchy calculated the probability of it on reddit. Still pretty

So the typical league run rewards an EV of 1.03 treasure chests, and due to doubles/triples of the rares/playpoints/curated cards, that's 1.27 treasure chests rares/playpoints/curated cards per league.

Let's assume a generous 1/3 of these are curated cards. Let's assume all curated cards are equally rare (which is not true). Or that at least Rishadan Port is of typical rarity (unlikely, although in an ideal world it should be more common than typical since it needs more supply).

This means that one Rishadan Port will be awarded per 1500 leagues played. A playset per each 6000 leagues played. These were generous numbers though, so Rishadan Port, and curated cards in general, are probably more rare than that.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Relevant portion:

This means that one Rishadan Port will be awarded per 1500 leagues played. A playset per each 6000 leagues played. These were generous numbers though, so Rishadan Port, and curated cards in general, are probably more rare than that.
    By this math, I can't imagine that the major cards will be impacted at all. Atog and Black Lotus both being special prizes is a real fuck you, too.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

So Rishadan Port does get a reprint, although the actual supply entering the market remains to be seen.

Full list of curated cards

Edit: After reading more into it, this fucking sucks. Treasure chests are incredible low EV and they massively cut booster prices for it.

Competitive Constructed Leagues:

Entry: 12 Event Tickets or 120 Play Points

Structure: 5 matches, each up to 50 minutes

Prizes:

5 wins: 6 boosters, 180 Play Points, and 3 Qualifier Points, plus 8 Treasure Chests

4 wins: 3 boosters, 180 Play Points, and 1 Qualifier Point, plus 3 Treasure Chests

3 wins: 120 Play Points, plus 1 Treasure Chest

To add to that, they massively cut down the redemption time for all new sets. So Kaladesh block cards can only be redeemed until the new block gets released.

Strongly considering to sell out again as I haven't played for months due to LOL MIRACLES anyway.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

I'm going to email from my store's account and ask if we can give away lottery tickets as FNM prizes. Then I'm going to forward the no to the MTGO team.

I'd be less annoyed if they replaced the treasure chest with an undeletable account token that said "FUCK YOU"

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I'm going to email from my store's account and ask if we can give away lottery tickets as FNM prizes.
    What do you think Booster packs are?
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2007

Kaladesh stirs heavily into the direction of lottery tickets with the Masterpieces, as the value distribution has become alot more top-heavy.

As for boosters: They can be traded and or used for draft entry. Neither can be done with treasure chests.

I'm actually interested from a legal point of view how treasure chests are different from straight up gambling.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

A booster pack actually has game value in that it can be used to play limited. Additionally, I can sell my packs. I can't sell my modo lotto ticket.

Jun 2011
    n/a

Has anyone seen the updates on this? I thought that there would be more discussion about it. Frequency of cards opened has been published (port has a 12 which I thought was surprising) and Chest's will now be trade-able. What are peoples thoughts?

http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/art...ion-2016-10-03

Quote Originally Posted by Rampart View Post
    Has anyone seen the updates on this? I thought that there would be more discussion about it. Frequency of cards opened has been published (port has a 12 which I thought was surprising) and Chest's will now be trade-able. What are peoples thoughts?

http://magic.wizards.com/en/MTGO/art...ion-2016-10-03
    Well, according tot he mathers over at /r/MagicTCG, it works out to around 2% higher overall payout, with the added bonus of dropping some of the card values online over the time period. It's definitely interesting, but the initial presentation fo the Treasure Chests was unremittingly awful.

And that's a long-term problem for Wizards. Because their communication of things that could potentially be bad for players has been far less than stellar this past year.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Well, according tot he mathers over at /r/MagicTCG, it works out to around 2% higher overall payout, with the added bonus of dropping some of the card values online over the time period. It's definitely interesting, but the initial presentation fo the Treasure Chests was unremittingly awful.

And that's a long-term problem for Wizards. Because their communication of things that could potentially be bad for players has been far less than stellar this past year.
    Golgari Grave Troll has dropped more than 4 tix in 5 days. Engineered Explosives and Tarmogoyf are down 10 tix... yowza.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Meekrab View Post
    Golgari Grave Troll has dropped more than 4 tix in 5 days. Engineered Explosives and Tarmogoyf are down 10 tix... yowza.
    The question is whether they're dropping because people think they'll be opening them or because people are finally selling out of the worst piece of software on their computers

Mar 2007

The question is whether they're dropping because people think they'll be opening them or because people are finally selling out of the worst piece of software on their computers
    Why not both?

The only reason why I haven't completely sold out yet after the announcement is because I wait for the rebound on certain cards.

Fuck them.

Mar 2007

Thread Information