Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast

Thread: MTGO discussion

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Re: MTGO discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Oh boy I guess this means that the new topless miracles deck is leaving DTB next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Over the past six months, we've had extensive conversations about what we can do to improve the experience of playing Magic, examining everything from our process to our design philosophies to the way we communicate and remain engaged with our players. There's no one answer to making Magic the most fun it can be, but this is one of many steps we're taking under the belief that it makes for a more fun game overall.
    MTGO players: "Your client sucks and cards are buggy."

MTGO: "We appreciate the feedback and want to stay engaged with you. We are hearing from you that you'd like us to make the game better so we're posting fewer decklists."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Full-House View Post
    MTG is a game 13+ (btw in cinematograph rating PG-13 allows nudity), while forum is open to anyone, and children under this age can see your picture and wonder how tezzeret is assosiated with anus and what is sexual t-rex means. Who knows where this path would take them? Are you responsible for their actions under the impression of your profile? I think no. You should be assamed.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

It would be a shame if you're in the semifinals of a Challenge, you're about to nuke the opponent's board into oblivion and MTGO randomly decides to rewind and give you a different board state.

Because why the fuck not?

This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    It would be a shame if you're in the semifinals of a Challenge, you're about to nuke the opponent's board into oblivion and MTGO randomly decides to rewind and give you a different board state.

Because why the fuck not?

This is why we can't have nice things.
    Hey, something like that happened to me in a practice game:

Opponent casts Cabal Therapy, naming Lion's Eye Diamond. I discard it.
    On my turn, the game suddenly glitches, and the LED in my graveyard pops back into my hand for a few seconds before disappearing. Then I get a message from my opponent asking what just happened. Apparently the glitch also messed up his hand. :/

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

I made a video tutorial about how to alter pretty much everything on Magic Online, including card artwork, avatars and much more. Check it out!

Custom Artwork & Avatars on Magic Online – Video Tutorial
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

I'm going to buy into modo in the next week or 2 and will likely be purchasing cards by trading paper for digital. Since I have a large collection of paper cards I never use this makes sense for me and no real money out of pocket. My question is - does the digital market parallel the paper market? With the increase in duals over the past week, will the digital copies also increase. I haven't watched these price trends and really have no idea how they are affected.

I'm also happy to read any advice on buying / trading into modo or related to this process.

I just bought all the cards I wanted for my legacy and modern decks from cardhoarder.com with paypal money and now that I'm winning so much I'm basically going "infinite" and probably don't need to spend any more money on MTGO ever again...

Mar 2007

Richard Shay gets screwed over again by the restart bug

MTGO's hateboner for him is unreal.

Edit: Since his Misdirection resolved both times as last action before the games went haywire, I assume the bug is caused by/related to it.
    Last edited by Barook; 07-23-2017 at 11:43 AM.

I still can't believe I can't use Cavern of Souls for creature subtypes.

I mean, this isn't a "niche" card. It's one of the most widely played tournament caliber cards out there and it's seriously bugged, it's been bugged for weeks, and they couldn't fix it during the last downtime? What do they do over there?

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    I still can't believe I can't use Cavern of Souls for creature subtypes.

I mean, this isn't a "niche" card. It's one of the most widely played tournament caliber cards out there and it's seriously bugged, it's been bugged for weeks, and they couldn't fix it during the last downtime? What do they do over there?
    I think you just need to file for reimbursement each time it matters until they learn their lesson. I don't actually know what they do in their downtime, they recently broke Reality Smasher so even if you discard a card it doesn't get killed by whatever removal spell you're using. Luckily they fixed it when modern players discovered the bug.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I think you just need to file for reimbursement each time it matters until they learn their lesson. I don't actually know what they do in their downtime, they recently broke Reality Smasher so even if you discard a card it doesn't get killed by whatever removal spell you're using. Luckily they fixed it when modern players discovered the bug.

So they fixed Reality Smasher that quickly - why can't they prioritize Cavern of Souls? It's easily as tournament-relevant as Reality Smasher.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    So they fixed Reality Smasher that quickly - why can't they prioritize Cavern of Souls? It's easily as tournament-relevant as Reality Smasher.
    Cavern of Souls isn't Standard-legal.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

You know ow, the only issues that exist in Cockatrice are PEBKAC ones. Everything else works as intended. Including loops and shortcuts.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

What do you do when people misclick on MTGO? I had a person swords there own guy when they meant to hit my delver. He asked me to treat the delver as exiled. I have done this before but I didn't this time because the life total could have been relevant but was I wrong? I don't know what the protocol is here. I recently have been on the other side of a similar situation and never asked my opponent for this treatment but what do others do? I feel like I was in the wrong but I also would like to know what to do when I inevitably misclick.

Quote Originally Posted by Canderson3000 View Post
    What do you do when people misclick on MTGO? I had a person swords there own guy when they meant to hit my delver. He asked me to treat the delver as exiled. I have done this before but I didn't this time because the life total could have been relevant but was I wrong? I don't know what the protocol is here. I recently have been on the other side of a similar situation and never asked my opponent for this treatment but what do others do? I feel like I was in the wrong but I also would like to know what to do when I inevitably misclick.
    I don't know what kind of games you are playing but in the competitve League I have not seen this. Just play on

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

If there are prizes on the line, especially in a League or Challenge, it's their mistake and play on. If it's just casual then up to you, I'd pretend they used StP on the right thing as that's better for testing.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Making mistakes is part of the game, even if they are just manual ones.

If they feel they made the mistake because of problems with the GUI, they can request compensation and will probably have it granted if it's a reasonable request. Like, I have once killed my own creature with Jitte because MTGO registered a double click because of lag; in that case, their team nullified that round's loss, which was nice. However, I doubt Swording your own creature would be a reasonable request given how it's a much harder mistake to make.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Thanks. This was a competitive league.

Quote Originally Posted by Canderson3000 View Post
    Just win. Don't document it as a relevant data point.

Quote Originally Posted by AnziD View Post
    Just win. Don't document it as a relevant data point.
    You deluded fool

Thread Information