Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: MTGO discussion

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Re: MTGO discussion

Legendary cube prizes have restored a small amount of faith in mtgo for me. I was just about to dish out for containment priests and toxic deluge, but now I might wait a little bit to see where the prices go.

Jun 2010
    Italy

Quote Originally Posted by mort- View Post
    Yeah.. I've also put back the wrong Terminus because I had to guess which one to put back and which one not to.
    I don't understand why I am asked which color of mana I want to add to my pool when I select "0" mana upon resolution of carpet of flowers's trigger. Carpet is somewhat unplayable online since you basically begin clicking like a mad instead of playing a Magic game.

Vintage

Apr 2005
    West Coast Degeneracy

Every now and then I think "It would be fun to practice some Modern on Magic Online," and then I discover a production bug that prevents my Coldsnap spells from being cast, and I just give up.

#mtgo #justV4things
    West side
    Find me on MTGO as Koby or rukcus -- @MTGKoby on Twitter
    * Maverick is dead. Long live Maverick!
    My Legacy stream
    My MTG Blog - Work in progress

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

It'd be fun to put together a community YouTube channel that's nothing but recordings of MTGO bugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I'm suprised that we got actual hard numbers instead of the usual corporate bullshit for the first survey.

Makes me interested how the second one about BFZ turns out and if they actually release data about the Hearthstone questions.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    It'd be fun to put together a community YouTube channel that's nothing but recordings of MTGO bugs.
    I'd love that. Way better than their "We ignore 95+% of the bugs in our blog anyway. Suck it!"-attitude.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    Legendary cube prizes have restored a small amount of faith in mtgo for me. I was just about to dish out for containment priests and toxic deluge, but now I might wait a little bit to see where the prices go.
    What's actually in these? Are they worth opening? (I assume not)
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Yeah and WOTC will release a video of them watching it while swimming around in their pools of money laughing at all the poor fools who continue to throw money at them to support their abortion of a product.

Jul 2012
    Copenhagen, Denmark

Anybody with more of a finger on the mtgo-pulse than me know if there are any plans in the pipe-line to host a Leagues for Legacy on mtgo like there is for Modern and Standard? That would be so friggin' awesome.

Mar 2007

I don't think we're getting a Legacy league until they've figured out a more competitive prize scheme that doesn't suck.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

Lee said they first want to make sure there's a "critical mass" of players before they introduce a league.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Lee said they first want to make sure there's a "critical mass" of players before they introduce a league.
    Eugh...I'm so close to buying into something online, all I need is a little indication of them hoping to progress it.

'We're not going to try and get new players until we get new players'.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Nov 2006
    London

I say this every year, but STILL waiting for Mac/iOS support. Virtualization software / bootcamp is balls. The UI is crappy enough, adding lag to it is just unbearable.

Guess I'll go play some Hearthstone.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

My Eternal-focused collection on MTGO went up about 10% this week, mostly on the back of Wasteland and Infernal Tutor, but almost every other Legacy/Vintage card rose in price too. There's definitely growing demand for Vintage/Legacy on MTGO. I can't see them too far out from creating Leagues if the prices keep rising.

itsJulian.com - Legacy Videos
    Apr 2007
    Munich / Germany

I've been asking for MacOS support for 5+ years. They not only didn't do it, they also keep telling us that they are not interested in doing it.
    The seven cardinal sins of Legacy:
    1. Discuss the unbanning of Land Tax Earthcraft.
    2. Argue that banning Force of Will would make the format healthier.
    3. Play Brainstorm without Fetchlands.
    4. Stifle Standstill.
    5. Think that Gaea's Blessing will make you Solidarity-proof.
    6. Pass priority after playing Infernal Tutor.
    7. Fail to playtest against Nourishing Lich (coZ iT wIlL gEt U!).

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    My Eternal-focused collection on MTGO went up about 10% this week, mostly on the back of Wasteland and Infernal Tutor, but almost every other Legacy/Vintage card rose in price too. There's definitely growing demand for Vintage/Legacy on MTGO. I can't see them too far out from creating Leagues if the prices keep rising.
    Speculation =|= demand

Just saying.

I agree with Dissection that it's a bit of a "the chicken or the egg" problem. More people would come in IF there were leagues. I would buy back in if there were Leagues with prize support that isn't ass - that, and Rishadan Port being about to surpass LED's all time high price.

Same with Cube draft. It looks like fun, but then I look at the EV and see that one needs at winrate of 67% to break even because the Legendary Prize Packs are almost worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by keys View Post
    I say this every year, but STILL waiting for Mac/iOS support.
    They need to have Windows support first.

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    What's actually in these? Are they worth opening? (I assume not)
    These are the cards in there, and I do not think they are worth opening.

Also, I am wondering what your guys' opinions would be. I am at a bit of a juncture where I am not sure what to do next.

I have Shardless BUG built in paper. It is my go to for any paper tournaments.

I have enough funds to build Elves, Dredge, Burn, or Aluren online, with a possibility of playing Storm/Infect/Esper Stoneblade/Reanimator with an extra couple of months of saving. My main goal is just to play whatever will win the most, but it might be nice to have some experience translate to my real life deck, Shardless BUG.

In this light, I think Aluren might be good to build for now in that it gets me a lot of cards for Shardless, and according to its esteemed pilot MGK it has a good Miracles matchup, the most common deck online. I do not feel like waiting to save enough for Shardless BUG online, at least not without playing something competitive in the meantime.

What do you guys think?

Mar 2007

I made a poll on Twitter since the current argumentation for no Legacy leagues is the extended waiting time in match-making due to the lower amount of players:

Poll

Feel free to vote and spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    I've been asking for MacOS support for 5+ years. They not only didn't do it, they also keep telling us that they are not interested in doing it.
    Which is outrageous in 2015 because if they used the right API they could port the user interface to any device with trivial ease.

There is non earthly reason that the client software (which is very low in technical complexity, or it should be) can't run on multiple platforms with a minimal amount of development budgeting.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Which is outrageous in 2015 because if they used the right API they could port the user interface to any device with trivial ease.

There is non earthly reason that the client software (which is very low in technical complexity, or it should be) can't run on multiple platforms with a minimal amount of development budgeting.
    I thought Windows Presentation Foundation is impossible to run on other OS?

Thread Information