Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: MTGO discussion

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Re: MTGO discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    Was watching my friend play MTGO. He connected with Steel Hellkite and paid 1 mana to the ability to try to kill a flipped delver. Apparently MTGO hasn't changed flipped cards to have the new cmc yet.
    Did he not kill it? They have changed flipped cards to meet the new cmc rules, i've killed Delver and DRS with EEs plenty of times since the flipped card cmc rule got changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    My original post did that.

I'd love to have a battle of wits with you but I see you lack the necessary equipment.

Good day.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Did he not kill it? They have changed flipped cards to meet the new cmc rules, i've killed Delver and DRS with EEs plenty of times since the flipped card cmc rule got changed.
    Nope it did not die. Maybe it's a Steel Hellkite specific thing for some reason?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    Nope it did not die. Maybe it's a Steel Hellkite specific thing for some reason?
    It's MTGO, anything is possible. I wouldn't even discount it only working for certain numbers, or on select days of the week...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Yeah, there's this amazing example of MTGO of Hoogland typing into chat...but suddenly he started typing into his opponent's name box.

https://clips.twitch.tv/BelovedCrazy...itPeoplesChamp

MTGO is going down in flames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

The Null Rod among buttons.

Mar 2007

For those using Leylines on MTGO, the new update brought a gamebreaking bug with it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co..._gamebreaking/

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

So how is mtgo legacy scene right now? Still active? Im considering buying back into since the new magic arena thingy didnt destroy mtgo...

Also; I remember Rishadan Port was outrageously priced, surely something else has replaced it in that category since reprint?

Probably a little too early to say that Arena hasn't killed MTGO. It's not released yet for the general public.

Or rather, that Wizards hasn't killed MTGO to force everyone over to Arena.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Quote Originally Posted by dsck View Post
    So how is mtgo legacy scene right now? Still active? Im considering buying back into since the new magic arena thingy didnt destroy mtgo...

Also; I remember Rishadan Port was outrageously priced, surely something else has replaced it in that category since reprint?
    TNN is the most expensive card now afaik
    I think overall prices have come down though

Quote Originally Posted by dsck View Post

I can reliably find people to play with, there's always ~400 people active when I go to leagues.

also, BUG ALERT: For those of you playing Leylines, I've discovered over the past two nights that, if you play Leylines and both players mulligan and you have mulliganed into Leylines, you just freeze and timeout. IDK what happens if both players mulligan into Leylines, but I've witnessed this for the second night in a row and it feels like a pretty lousy way to have an opponent lose. So, fair warning, you may want to consider some other way of fighting Reanimator players, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Probably a little too early to say that Arena hasn't killed MTGO. It's not released yet for the general public.

Or rather, that Wizards hasn't killed MTGO to force everyone over to Arena.
    Arena won't have any old formats so I doubt they give up MTGO completly

Draw-Go Disciple
    Feb 2017
    Clermont-Ferrand

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    Arena won't have any old formats so I doubt they give up MTGO completly

Is this a clear statement ? I have never seen Wotc communicating on it.

Quote Originally Posted by wonderPreaux View Post
    I can reliably find people to play with, there's always ~400 people active when I go to leagues.

also, BUG ALERT: For those of you playing Leylines, I've discovered over the past two nights that, if you play Leylines and both players mulligan and you have mulliganed into Leylines, you just freeze and timeout. IDK what happens if both players mulligan into Leylines, but I've witnessed this for the second night in a row and it feels like a pretty lousy way to have an opponent lose. So, fair warning, you may want to consider some other way of fighting Reanimator players, I guess...
    This has apparently been happening with all mulligans into pregame effects. The most notable one besides Leylines is Chancellor of the Annex, so ironically the Reanimator players are also getting the shaft from MTGO as well.
    From nothing came teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    I really don't know why you're complaining about top being banned since you seem to be very good at Soothsaying.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

How is the MTGO scene with legacy? I want to buy a deck, but I'm afraid Arena would just take over.

May 2005
    Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    How is the MTGO scene with legacy? I want to buy a deck, but I'm afraid Arena would just take over.
    Arena won't take over, MTGO will keep going as it has been. I've played the Beta, its Mediocre.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by KobeBryan View Post
    They haven't even announced plans to have the Modern card pool on Arena, Legacy will probably never be fully implemented there. Also once you have some Legacy cards buying the vintage-only cards is pretty cheap and there are sweet decks there too.

May 2016
    Seattle, WA

Mtgo mints Hasbro literally free money. It isn't going away. There is also a healthy pauper scene as well.

Today on the wild world of MTGO Bugs: "What even is Phasing? Teferi, this is not okay."

Edit:
    I shrunk the image so it wouldn't molest your monitors, so please let me point out the following details that might be hard to spot (also, some additional background):
    1) My opponent somehow phased out artifacts, but also their underground seas, which means they somehow phased lands AND artifacts out, and not just their artifacts which include some lands
    2) This was both my and my opponent's first time playing with/against Teferi's Realm, the chat is a bit amusing if you like exasperated people trying to navigate a menu
    3) I'm stuck with Realm in my 75 for 3 more matches to finish my league
    4) This bug is known on reddit, but not on the bug blog to spite being on reddit for a year (apparently, Teferi's Realm can phase artifacts, artifacts + creatures + lands... and that's it. Somehow, it doesn't phase creatures alone or enchantments ever)

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by wonderPreaux View Post
    Edit:
    I shrunk the image so it wouldn't molest your monitors

What's the point of including a screenshot if it's unusable anyway?

They see me puntin'
    May 2010
    Finland

This news seems to have gone a bit under the radar but MTGO had a data breach.

Thread Information