Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1659

Thread: [Deck] Grixis Tempo

MTGO Name: Adelorenzi
    Mar 2009

Re: [Deck] Grixis Tempo

Just 4-1'd a league with stock Therapy build (Dismember Spell Pierce in the flex).

SB:

2 Baleful Strix (Been seeing a resurgence of Eldrazi lately)
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Invasive Surgery
    2 Winter Orb
    1 Cabal Therapy
    1 Fire Covenant
    1 Fatal Push
    1 Null Rod
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Flusterstorm

I haven't had enough tix yet to buy Stifles or REB/Pyroblast, but I plan to very soon.

The matches:

Mirror: 2-0 (he mulled to 5 first game got manascrewed 2nd game).

Mirror: 0-2 (I game 1 was insane, we both had an angler and two flipped delvers staring at each other, but he got 3 deathrite shamans to my two and I lost. Game 2 I got him hellbent with two shamans on board and at 4 life, but he drew baleful strix and equipped a Jitte to it, and I was only able to get him to 1 and hope to draw a bolt, but no such luck)

Czech Pile/4c Control: 2-0 Game 1 manascrew him off blue, game 2 two young pyro's get there vs two baleful strix. I was able to Daze/Bolt everything else and I think I got lucky with more Wastelands too.

BUG Delver: 2-1 Game 1 manascrew him, game 2 lose to delver beats, game 3 i assemble a gnarly board of two delver two YP buncha tokens and 1 DRS, he doesn't find a second colored source until too late.

MUD Post Voltaic Key.dec: 2-0 Mana screw him both games, which isn't hard to do when his stuff all costs 6+. Beat a turn 1 Trinisphere on the draw game 1, that was fun.

Jan 2016
    Aarhus, denmark

Quote Originally Posted by ironclad8690 View Post
    Just 4-1'd a league with stock Therapy build (Dismember Spell Pierce in the flex).

SB:

2 Baleful Strix (Been seeing a resurgence of Eldrazi lately)
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Invasive Surgery
    2 Winter Orb
    1 Cabal Therapy
    1 Fire Covenant
    1 Fatal Push
    1 Null Rod
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Flusterstorm

I haven't had enough tix yet to buy Stifles or REB/Pyroblast, but I plan to very soon.

The matches:

Mirror: 2-0 (he mulled to 5 first game got manascrewed 2nd game).

Mirror: 0-2 (I game 1 was insane, we both had an angler and two flipped delvers staring at each other, but he got 3 deathrite shamans to my two and I lost. Game 2 I got him hellbent with two shamans on board and at 4 life, but he drew baleful strix and equipped a Jitte to it, and I was only able to get him to 1 and hope to draw a bolt, but no such luck)

Czech Pile/4c Control: 2-0 Game 1 manascrew him off blue, game 2 two young pyro's get there vs two baleful strix. I was able to Daze/Bolt everything else and I think I got lucky with more Wastelands too.

BUG Delver: 2-1 Game 1 manascrew him, game 2 lose to delver beats, game 3 i assemble a gnarly board of two delver two YP buncha tokens and 1 DRS, he doesn't find a second colored source until too late.

MUD Post Voltaic Key.dec: 2-0 Mana screw him both games, which isn't hard to do when his stuff all costs 6+. Beat a turn 1 Trinisphere on the draw game 1, that was fun.

Hi man. Yes indeed a crazy game.

I ended up 5-0ing the league, with 3 stifle main which is very well positioned at the moment.

Aug 2015
    Norcal

Quote Originally Posted by m0ller View Post
    Hi man. Yes indeed a crazy game.

I ended up 5-0ing the league, with 3 stifle main which is very well positioned at the moment.
    Is that just because Miracles is more prevalent online? I noticed the top list at the open was on a more traditional cabal therapy main

Jan 2016
    Aarhus, denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    Is that just because Miracles is more prevalent online? I noticed the top list at the open was on a more traditional cabal therapy main
    well, it's a big reason to run stifle, but it do many tricks outside that MU. IMO is the deck more streamlinned with stifle. Many players on MTGO do play stifle, and it always takes a bit of time before the reallife meta adapt. Though, when this is said, the therapy-version is still very good, and in many MU it would have a bigger impact if you have it on right time.

Hi everyone,

I run a pretty stock Therapy build at my FNMs with a singleton TNN. The meta is pretty diverse - we have D&T, Elves, Miracles, RUG Delver, MUD, Stax,and sometimes Dredge. Normally I do pretty well, but recently there are a couple players on Punishing Jund and Dark Maverick (with 4 Abrupt Decay maindeck and 2 Choke sideboarded) that are pretty hard to beat. I was wondering what people here would recommend for sideboarding, especially against those 2 decks? I don't want to warp my sideboard around those two but I would like to start beating them.

I think I recall LewisCBR saying that he was doing 2x Young Pyromancer and 2x TNN, which seems like it would do a lot better without having to worry about sideboarding.

I figure the normal stuff like Surgical Extraction, Baleful Strix, and Pyroblast are good. I also run a Sudden Demise for the Elves and D&T matchups. I was wondering what everyone thought about mabe even having a Snapcaster Mage and a Kolaghan's Command in the sideboard. Any other advice would be great.

Thanks!

Well, our worst matchup was just falcon punched into oblivion. Now what? Back to cabal therapy? (Assuming a resurgence of combo and elves?)

Edit: Not to mention, a lot of Delver mirrors.

With the rise of the green decks should we start packing Perish in our sideboards?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Yeah, Grixis Delver looks incredibly strong now! I think Therapy with Probe is a better spot to be than Stifle to start out. Especially if we're expecting Elves and Storm.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

I've been testing Kolaghan's Command and have been really liking it. With the nerfing of Miracles, having a main-deck answer to SFMystic and Aether Vial is a good idea.

I also think True-Name Nemesis is worth considering.

I'm not sure how the format will end up shaking out, but I do think Grixis and/or BUG are probably where you want to be if you want to play Blue-based aggro-control.

For SURE Miracles was a bad matchup for all the Delver variants, so the Top ban is a great thing for this deck. I'm excited to start messing with my sideboard.

I still think i want Stifle for all the greedy BUG and 4c mana bases that will only get more popular. Stifle being great against Storm is also a huge plus. I still think i want TNN to dodge all the Strix, too, so i dont think my main deck will change at all.

Interesting times to be a Grixis Delver player! I welcome all the combo (except Elves) that is bound to try and pop up!

Quote Originally Posted by wcm8 View Post
    I've been testing Kolaghan's Command and have been really liking it. With the nerfing of Miracles, having a main-deck answer to SFMystic and Aether Vial is a good idea.

I also think True-Name Nemesis is worth considering.

I'm not sure how the format will end up shaking out, but I do think Grixis and/or BUG are probably where you want to be if you want to play Blue-based aggro-control.

Wcm8, i Like the idea of k command as a MD utility answer. Good against petal and LED in some cases too! What's your list look like?

Quote Originally Posted by LewisCBR View Post
    For SURE Miracles was a bad matchup for all the Delver variants, so the Top ban is a great thing for this deck. I'm excited to start messing with my sideboard.

I still think i want Stifle for all the greedy BUG and 4c mana bases that will only get more popular. Stifle being great against Storm is also a huge plus. I still think i want TNN to dodge all the Strix, too, so i dont think my main deck will change at all.

Interesting times to be a Grixis Delver player! I welcome all the combo (except Elves) that is bound to try and pop up!
    I think this deck has a lot to gain from the Miracles ban. Miracles wasn't a horrible matchup, but it definitely wasn't one I was happy to face with this deck.

No more Miracles means that Grixis Delver >>>> BUG Delver now IMO. I've always felt that Abrupt Decay isn't the type of card Delver lists want to be playing, and it was more of a necessary evil for Counterbalance than a good fit for Delver strategies.

I was going to play Miracles in Vegas, now I need to switch to something else and I think I'll probably end up going with Grixis Delver unless I find something else that I really like and can get a lot of reps in before the event.

As the for the sideboard I'm going to go pretty heavy on hate for Elves and D&T - Engineered Plague seems like a good card to be running right now.
    Nobody plays Legacy anymore, the tournaments are all too crowded

In Response...
    Feb 2014
    Halifax, Nova Scotia

I am also an ex-miracles player seeking a new home, and right now Grixis Delver seems like it is a fantastic place to be.

I'm interested in seeing what cards appear and disappear from sideboards now that Miracles is no longer a thing.
    They banned Top, so now I play Grixis Delver.

Have someone a new List?

Quote Originally Posted by exallium View Post
    I'm interested in seeing what cards appear and disappear from sideboards now that Miracles is no longer a thing.
    I got rid of Winter Orb, Sulfuric Vortex, and Null Rod from my sideboard due to Miracles being gone. I also decided to nix Dread of Night and instead try out 2 Harsh Mentor, which i think will be very good vs Elves and D&T. The other slots, i added an Electrickery (for Elves hate) and a Grafdigger's Cage (MOAR elf hate and for Reanimator, if that sees an uptick).

I'm still on Stifle, for now, and my funky 2/2/2 split of YP/TNN/Angler. My mian deck i havent changed, while i test, so it is the same as this: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/612036#online but my board now looks like this:

1x Fluster, 2x Surgical Extraction, 1x Grafdiggers Cage, 2x Cabal Therapy, 3x Pyroblast, 1x Pithing Needle, 1x Ancient Grudge, 2x Harsh Mentor.

I'm not sure is Harsh Mentor will really be all that great vs Elves and D&T, but we'll see. Usually, you'd think you would want the card for Fetchland decks, so i might also bring it in vs BUG decks to hit Fetches and DRS activations... not entirely sold on this card yet, but i feel like its a must kill until they have a dominant board position. Unfortnuately, he gets pushed and Decayed very easily, but so does YP.

Aug 2015
    Norcal

Do we cut DRS for Harsh MEntors? Seems like a bit of a non-bo?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytron View Post
    Do we cut DRS for Harsh MEntors? Seems like a bit of a non-bo?
    No, because Harsh Mentor is one sided. Which is why he could be bonkers.

Aug 2015
    Norcal

No, because Harsh Mentor is one sided. Which is why he could be bonkers.
    I should learn how to read. LOL

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

I got rid of Winter Orb, Sulfuric Vortex, and Null Rod from my sideboard due to Miracles being gone. I also decided to nix Dread of Night and instead try out 2 Harsh Mentor, which i think will be very good vs Elves and D&T. The other slots, i added an Electrickery (for Elves hate) and a Grafdigger's Cage (MOAR elf hate and for Reanimator, if that sees an uptick).

I'm still on Stifle, for now, and my funky 2/2/2 split of YP/TNN/Angler. My mian deck i havent changed, while i test, so it is the same as this: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/612036#online but my board now looks like this:

1x Fluster, 2x Surgical Extraction, 1x Grafdiggers Cage, 2x Cabal Therapy, 3x Pyroblast, 1x Pithing Needle, 1x Ancient Grudge, 2x Harsh Mentor.

I'm not sure is Harsh Mentor will really be all that great vs Elves and D&T, but we'll see. Usually, you'd think you would want the card for Fetchland decks, so i might also bring it in vs BUG decks to hit Fetches and DRS activations... not entirely sold on this card yet, but i feel like its a must kill until they have a dominant board position. Unfortnuately, he gets pushed and Decayed very easily, but so does YP.
    I like your maindeck a lot and will likely be trying the same. I also like Therapy out of the board, especially when you run <4 Young Pyros.

I'm not convinced Harsh Mentor is good enough, but would love to hear how your testing goes.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Aug 2015
    Munich, Germany

Hi everybody,

I'm playing LewisCBR list since long time now (well, only online on Cockatrice by the way), so with the 2/2/2 split of YP/TNN/Angler and with 3x Stifle. I'm also thinking of changing the sideboard, trying to address better Elves, D&T and Lands. What do you think about this?

1x Flusterstorm, 2x Surgical Extraction, 1x Electrickery, 1x Dread of Night, 2x Cabal Therapy, 3x Pyroblast, 1x Pithing Needle, 1x Ancient Grudge, 1x Price of Progress, 1x Winter Orb, 1x Forked Bolt

Thread Information