Page 78 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2868747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1659

Thread: [Deck] Grixis Tempo

Re: [DTB] Grixis Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuza84 View Post
    Hi everyone,

Lurking the forum for a long time but it's time show myself

I decided to start playing Grixis Delver and have seen a lot versions of this deck. At the moment mostly we can see standard shell with 2x TNN, 2x Gurmag, 2x Spell Pierce and 1x Forked Bolt.

I thought about playing version with Stifles but have seen this is not popular build any more. I even heard from my group that it should be full play-set or none. Is it true?

Also there is a switch from 3x Volcanic and 2x US towards 3x US and 2x Volcanic. Am I correct that having 3x US is because of our DRSs?
    There a good lists with Stifle, it is just not as popular because Spell Pierce seems to be better against 4c control builds. But if the meta goes more into Miracles and mirrors running 3 Stifles can be very good. The point with the lands is it depends on your Sideboard. If you play 3 Cabal Therpay, Liliana the Last Hope and Marsh Casualties you need BB so you have to play 3 Underground Seas. If you play more Pyroblast/REB, Izzet Staticaster and Grim Lavamancer you definitely play more red spells so go for 3 Volcanics.
    I play the deck with Stifle and I like it more than more creatures and Spell Pierce, but sometimes you lack speed when being on the draw and not finding real good targets for Stifle. So it has pros and cons. Try both and you will see what you prefer.

Also one of the strongest play you can do with the Stifle list is: T1 Shaman, T2 second land, Pyromancer, Probe and leaving 1 land open to Stifle your opponent. This allready flooded you the entire board in that early stage of the game with 2 Tokens, if you also have a Daze/FoW in your hand which you can use you are about to make 7 damage T3 which is pretty awesome (5 on the board +2 from Shaman ping). I currently try to play 3 Pyro/2 Angler/1 TNN instead of 2/2/2.

Mar 2018
    Lodz, Poland

Nad what about playing 2x Stiffle nad 2x Spell Pierce? Does it have any sense or shoud I stay with one of the options? Also any ideas for SB against mirror and 4c?

Edit: ty for advice found TNN,

only highlight of day is getting Liliana last hope emblam, and getting hit with 5 sweepers in a row before entreat off top. (was back to basic locked after I cast lili, term killed drs)
    Last edited by xix; 03-11-2018 at 04:06 AM.

Feb 2017
    Kassel, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by xix View Post
    Quick question, going to a 5k tomorrow.

Running LewisCBR's Stifle list https://www.mtggoldfish.com/player/LewisCBR (mostly) I likely won't find a second TNN to borrow, do I run 1 Leovold/ V. Clique/ #3 YP in the spot, mostly unknown meta, expecting 5-10 SnS, 3 Lands, 4 Storm, ~8 Miracles/ 4c and 100 more, the testing I got in was not conclusive, Leo maybe too cute, but I normally play 4c so I am biased.

SB plan so far:

3 cabal therapy
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 pithing needle
    2 pyroblast
    2 surgical
    1 ancient grudge
    1 diabolic edict
    2 marsh casualties

+2 other cards from
    k.command
    abrade
    lost hope
    V. Clique
    Edict #2

Thanks,
    Don't run Leovold in this Deck unless you are playing 19 Lands and the second Tropical. If you really can't get a TNN I would suggest to play a third Pyromancer or a third Gurmag Angler in this Slot instead.

In the Sidebaord slot I would really like a Abrade or even a second Ancient Grudge, for destroying Chalice of the Voids and Equipments.

Feb 2017
    Kassel, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by EronRelentless View Post
    Hey folks.
    I am searching for testing partners on MTGO for the Mirror Match. As I am not confident with my current win rate, I'd like to improve my chances by having a testing Set of about 10 Matches in a row.

If you are interested and have time in the next 48 hours to do that you can PM me.
    I am still searching for a routined Grixis Delver player who is testing the Mirror Match with me. I would like to make at least 5-10 Matches in a row.

Top8:ed small tournament today with Grixis.
    I ran the Huang 60, but with the following board given our pretty controlly meta:
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Surigcal extraction
    3 Cabal therapy
    2 Ancient grudge
    1 Liliana OTLH
    1 Marsh casualties
    1 Diabolic edict
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Winter orb (!)
    1 Counterbalance (!!)

Beat
    TES (2-0)
    Grixis control (2-0)
    4c Leo (2-1)
    UR delver (2-1)
    Then double ID:ed into top8

Then lost to another UR Delver 0-2

I boarded CB every game :) Guess i'm miracle at heart.
    Would be happy for help on the UR delver MU. Or is it just bad?

I am still searching for a routined Grixis Delver player who is testing the Mirror Match with me. I would like to make at least 5-10 Matches in a row.

Reach out to VedX on MTGO.

Dec 2016
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    Top8:ed small tournament today with Grixis.

:Report:

Would be happy for help on the UR delver MU. Or is it just bad?
    Congrats on your finish! Assuming the version of UR you are referencing is the prowess version with Stormchasers over Pyromancers, the matchup can be tough for Grixis because Grixis is naturally slower and more attrition based than UR Delver. Speed is a huge factor in Delver mirrors because getting tempo early can lead to big advantages. Having played this matchup from both sides many times I can say that UR is favoured, but not by a lot. You want to keep your creatures on the board and try to keep your opponent's creatures off the board. Having Young Pyromancer on the board for a couple turns or getting an early Gurmag Angler can put you far ahead and are your best way of keeping up on board. Really what you have to do is try to keep the board relatively even and try to keep your life total padded and, because Grixis's card quality is much higher than UR's, you should just be able to ride out your better cards in the later game. Another thing you can do is keep Wastelands around. Don't over commit your lands and don't get too greedy with Wasteland, always keep Price of Progress in mind, because that is how UR Delver is able to steal a lot of games.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I tap all 5 of my lands on my turn. He's like....OMG not Shriekmaw. I land Batterskull. He's like. Ok sure. LOL, not very often someone is more happy to see Batterskull then a Shriekmaw.

Went 2-3 at the weekend in a 17 person tournament. My first event outside of an FNM style setting so, definitely different and learned a lot!

Was running the two pierce list with 3 pyro and, because I was expecting D&T/Elves, I went 3 sea to help with boarding in Marsh casualties etc..

What I actually encountered was a lot of the mirror floating round! My losses were 4c deathblade (batterskull on true name = game over), a mirror match and Lands. I beat the mirror and miracles.

Had a load of fun and came close vs lands and the mirror. Met some great people, too!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Mar 2018
    Lodz, Poland

Just thinking how list with 2x SP and 1x Forked bolt can fight Lands or Turbo Depths if any. Aside from Stiffles how can we stop t2 Marit Lage preboard? Only wastelands?

Feb 2017
    Kassel, Germany

Just thinking how list with 2x SP and 1x Forked bolt can fight Lands or Turbo Depths if any. Aside from Stiffles how can we stop t2 Marit Lage preboard? Only wastelands?
    The Turbo Depths Matchup is actually even, you sometimes can Wasteland his Depths Copy with the Sac trigger on the Stack, you don't need to aggressively kill it or the Depths without any reason. On the other Hand you have a decent clock and Delver can Block Marit Lage if he doesn't search for Seriji Steppe.

In my Sideboard I play 2 Diabolic Edicts, that helps a lot against Marit Lages.

Lands is a pretty bad Matchup and you should not spend any Slots for this Matchup.

Mar 2018
    Lodz, Poland

The only thing which is coming on my mind could be Needle (to hit his Depths or Tespian's Stage) or Bitterblossom to produce an army of flying blockers while waiting for Diabolic Edict.

Still my meta is quite diversified and the most difficult matches are 4c on Duck and UR Delver (ultra fast clock). Want to try list without stifles so we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManWithaPlan View Post
    Congrats on your finish! Assuming the version of UR you are referencing is the prowess version with Stormchasers over Pyromancers, the matchup can be tough for Grixis because Grixis is naturally slower and more attrition based than UR Delver. Speed is a huge factor in Delver mirrors because getting tempo early can lead to big advantages. Having played this matchup from both sides many times I can say that UR is favoured, but not by a lot. You want to keep your creatures on the board and try to keep your opponent's creatures off the board. Having Young Pyromancer on the board for a couple turns or getting an early Gurmag Angler can put you far ahead and are your best way of keeping up on board. Really what you have to do is try to keep the board relatively even and try to keep your life total padded and, because Grixis's card quality is much higher than UR's, you should just be able to ride out your better cards in the later game. Another thing you can do is keep Wastelands around. Don't over commit your lands and don't get too greedy with Wasteland, always keep Price of Progress in mind, because that is how UR Delver is able to steal a lot of games.
    Thanks! I guess i will have to practice it more. One thing i felt unsure of was when i would dare to bolt a swiftspear and even more so a stormchaser, as they can pump them with instants. I also boarded out probes as i felt they were aiding the burn plan. Perhabs info is still more valuable.

The Turbo Depths Matchup is actually even, you sometimes can Wasteland his Depths Copy with the Sac trigger on the Stack, you don't need to aggressively kill it or the Depths without any reason. On the other Hand you have a decent clock and Delver can Block Marit Lage if he doesn't search for Seriji Steppe.

Lands is a pretty bad Matchup and you should not spend any Slots for this Matchup.
    I saw that you wanted to play Delver mirrors, give me a message if you wanted to play at all.

Feb 2017
    Kassel, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by VedX View Post
    I saw that you wanted to play Delver mirrors, give me a message if you wanted to play at all.
    Replied to your post earlier the day with a PM.

Could anyone post an invitation link for Grixis delver's discord channel? Thanks!

Hi im pretty new to grixis delver can you please explain how the stack with wasteland works with DD combo ? Thanks!

Mar 2018
    Lodz, Poland

Would like to hear that as well. How wasteland interacts with DD or fetchlands? Can we crack it in response? Same with Tespian's stage.

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    1-2 vs spiraltide
    I was so unfortunate this match. After winning G1 with double fow i surgicalked high tide G2. Then he fetched hightide with wish but was hellbent. He rips spiral and goes off, facing lethal.
    Did he run 1 High Tide in the sideboard or did you get yourself cheated on there?

Would like to hear that as well. How wasteland interacts with DD or fetchlands? Can we crack it in response? Same with Tespian's stage.
    The Dark Dephts combo with Thespian stage works as follows:

1) Thespian Stage is activated and targets Dark Depths to copy it. At this point, you may use Wasteland to destroy either of them. This will interrupt the combo but he will keep one piece.

2) Thespian Stage successfully copies Dark Dephts. That player now controls 2 copies of Dark Dephts, one with counters and one without. He immediately has to apply the legend rule and must choose to keep the Dark Dephts without counters.

3) There is now a Dark Dephts copy without counters. This copy triggers. The wording of the card says "when this card does not have any counters on it, sacrifice it. If you do, create a 20/20". This "IF YOU DO" clause is extremely important. Because at this point, you can activate Wasteland to destroy the Dark Dephts before the above mentioned trigger resolves. The opponent can't sacrifice the Dark Dephts anymore and thus won't get the 20/20. This works with a bounce spell as well (although it is more likely that you'll simply bounce the token).

Fetchlands' mode of action is different, you won't really have a way to destroy a fetchland in a meaningful manner with Wasteland.
    Team SPOD
    <Der_imaginäre_Freund> props:
    Adan for being the NQG God (drawer)

Mar 2018
    Lodz, Poland

Thanks. So does it means he can crack his fetchland in response to our wasteland but we cant, right?

Thread Information