Page 73 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 1659

Thread: [Deck] Grixis Tempo

explosive
    Feb 2006
    Germany - RLP

Re: [DTB] Grixis Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by Gul_Dukat View Post
    Hey all, I have been on a tear with grixis delver on modo (four 5-0s in a row). And want to build irl, only problem is my LGS is infested with pox (there is a group of friends who all play pox, and another pox player on top of that), any ideas of hate cards we can play? I was thinking enchantments and artifacts are a good way to exploit them, a bitterblossom, or a life from the loam, or even a compost/sulfuric vortex? alongside replacing my flusters with pierces or something like that, any ideas on how to approach this mu? any help would be mucho appreciated. My lgs is also infested with lands, toronto being the city with perhaps the highest tabernacle per capita. (Maybe grixis delver is a deathwish at this store). There is also lots of 4c leo.
    Pox is about aggressive 1 for 1 trades usually, and you need things like Young Pyromancer to blank a lot of their stuff, at the same time you need to protect it from Fatal Push. Spell Snare is a very good card against Pox, Spell Pierce can lose value in a long game (which is probably gonna happen). BUG Delver probably has better options since Sylvan Library and Liliana the Last Hope are easier to support and get much more worse when your manabase has Volcanic Islands. That being said, I think Liliana the Last Hope is devastating and maybe you are better off playing BUG Delver instead, although I think Young Pyromancer is also one of the cards that gives you an edge because they really need Push or CollBrut.
    Team SPOD
    <Der_imaginäre_Freund> props:
    Adan for being the NQG God (drawer)

Thanks for the advice! One more thing that has been bothering me is the leovold matchup, how do you all feel about it? any specific plans/sideboarding that gives you lots of success?

Feb 2017
    Kassel, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Gul_Dukat View Post
    Thanks for the advice! One more thing that has been bothering me is the leovold matchup, how do you all feel about it? any specific plans/sideboarding that gives you lots of success?
    I don't like Daze and Force of Will in the Matchup, because Games go very long and you don't want to get Card disadvantage. Since I changed my SB (1 Bitterblossom and 1 Kolaghan's Command) to beat this Matchup, my win percentage against it went up significantly to about 65:35. Referring to your newest Decklist on mtggoldfish I would board similiar this:
    -4 Force, -4 Daze, -1 Gitaxian Probe
    +2 RedBlast, +1 Pyroblast, +2 Flusterstorm, +2 Kolaghan's Command, + 1Liliana, +1 Snapcaster Mage
    Last edited by EronRelentless; 11-22-2017 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EronRelentless View Post
    I don't like Daze and Force of Will in the Matchup, because Games go very long and you don't want to get Card disadvantage. Since I changed my SB (1 Bitterblossom and 1 Kolaghan's Command) to beat this Matchup, my win percentage against it went up significantly to about 65:35. Referring to your newest Decklist on mtggoldfish I would board similiar this:
    -4 Force, -4 Daze, -1 Gitaxian Probe
    +2 RedBlast, +1 Pyroblast, +2 Flusterstorm, +2 Kolaghan's Command, + 1Liliana, +1 Snapcaster Mage
    I was having trouble outgrinding them with my list, since even though I had access to these fantastic grindy cards, they just grind better. I was getting like a 50/60 percent winrate which isn't bad, but I wanted better so tried to add 2 price of progress to combat the matchup on a angle of here is my ridiculous card that is extremely easy to cast can you deal with it, cutting a red blast and my marsh casualties and 5-0d a league after trying it, got paired vs lands twice so pop did some work there, excited to keep testing with it.

I've seen bob huangs list running a pop side, and I feel like it's a card I want access to. Though of course with pop the more they play around it the worse it gets, but they can only play around it so much, and some players won't even be thinking of it at all because it's not a super popular card choice in grixis.

Quote Originally Posted by EronRelentless View Post
    I don't like Daze and Force of Will in the Matchup, because Games go very long and you don't want to get Card disadvantage.
    Your sideboard plan is interesting. I personally leave the daze in even on the draw and bring in winter orb as well. The 4 color deck is really greedy and the winter orb shuts down the Snapcaster nonsense pretty well and keeps you daze live into the late game. If you go on this strategy, you have to target DRS, obviously.

Now I am trying a vial smasher the fierce alternative. I think is a real card for this deck and we don´t need a lot of changes.

//Lands (19)

4 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    2 Bloodistained Mire
    1 Badlands
    2 Underground Sea
    4 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland

//Instants
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Fireblast
    1 Fire/Ice
    1 Kolaghan's Command
    1 Spell pierce

//Sorceries
    4 Ponder
    2 Temporal Mastery

//Creatures
    4 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Delver of Secrets
    3 Gurmag Angler
    3 Vial Smasher the fierce

//Sideboard
    SB: 2 Pirokinesis or 1 pirokinesis and 1 price of progress
    SB: 1 Nihil spellbomb
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Diabolic Edict
    SB: 2 Flusterstorm
    SB: 2 Pyroblast
    SB: 1 Kolaghan's Command
    SB: 3 Thoughtseize

Obviously the pack Young pyromancer/Gitaxian Probe/Cabal Therapy is reemplace for Vial smasher + Gurmag Angler/fires and Masterys/Thoughtseize.

I think the secret is not a secret, play like a classic version. If you find Vial Smasher your oponent have 2 turn for kill it because if you find a big spell the damage maybe be enough to win easy and fast.

You have 12 "Big spells" and 8 are in a classic decklist:

- 2 Temporal Mastery and 3 Gurmag Angler. They are 7 Damage
    - 4 Fow And 1 Kolaghan´s commnad. They are 5 damage
    - 2 Fireblast. They are 10 Damage.

There are other cards like Thunderows Wrath or misdirection. Maybe one is good enough to include but I prefer a card like Fire/ice Vs Baleful strix, d&t and delver decks
    Last edited by atopebenidorm; 11-23-2017 at 08:19 AM.

@Gul_Dukat: I've followed your streaks with your heavier B list.

I like the fact that it's a bit stronger late game especially post side.

I also like the idea of including 1 to 2 PoP since the RL meta tends to be land and 4c loam heavier these days (and overall 4c heavy).

I play Bob Huang's list lately and I'm tempted to try out your take on things.

However there's 1 thing I don't get: why the +1 fetch -1 wasteland? What's the reasoning behind it?
    I'd get a +1 volc -1 wasteland (I think) but the fetch choice puzzles me.

Anyway congratulations on your power runs and GL for the RL event :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by schtormy View Post
    @Gul_Dukat: I've followed your streaks with your heavier B list.

I like the fact that it's a bit stronger late game especially post side.

I also like the idea of including 1 to 2 PoP since the RL meta tends to be land and 4c loam heavier these days (and overall 4c heavy).

I play Bob Huang's list lately and I'm tempted to try out your take on things.

However there's 1 thing I don't get: why the +1 fetch -1 wasteland? What's the reasoning behind it?
    I'd get a +1 volc -1 wasteland (I think) but the fetch choice puzzles me.

Anyway congratulations on your power runs and GL for the RL event :)

Got another 5-0 tonight, and one that got posted yesterday so very happy with my list, my manabase is pretty strange. I added an extra fetch over a waste/volc for maximum consistency basically, (consistency of brainstorm, and not being colorscrewed) playing 4 wastes is probably just correct, but I am not sure what to cut yet, and don't find myself wanting more wastes in the games I am playing, though again, waste is absurdly powerful and it's probably just incorrect to not play 4. I consider my snap to be in the wasteland spot, and siding into the 2 snaps and 2 kcommand + lili made the extra land seem nice, and a extra land just for general consistency. But 14 lands is probably enough, and it's possible the clunky cards (snaps, k commands, lili) should be replaced with grudges/abrade and a red blast or something also allowing me to smoothly go down to 14 lands

Hey all, finished 2nd in the weekly legacy challenge losing to lands in the finals.

I had some interesting games today and took some screenshots to show you all, and ask what you would do in these situations.

This is the first round, g2 against pile.

This is the sixth round, first game against lands. You are going to draw a tarn off the probe and you have not yet played a land this turn, you also cast a probe on turn 3 and they had the exact same hand minus one grove, this means they decided to not cast gamble or fire last turn, and on the end of their third turn i activated shaman and they did not try to cast fire then either. the question again, what do you do here?

I need a little help preparing for a 16-player Championship tournament. I'm a pretty proficient Grixis Delver player (Day 2'd repeatedly; won a few local tournaments) but this is the first time I'll have plenty of an advance to metagame.

I'm trying to narrow down whether to play (mainboard) Stifles, Cabal Therapies, or neither. Additionally, I'm trying to narrow down my sideboard, as well. Card availability is not an issue. What I'm currently trying to choose from is:

Pyroblasts
    Surgicals
    Ancient Grudges
    Diabolic Edicts
    Dismembers
    Pithing Needles
    Grafdigger's Cages
    Forked Bolts
    Flusterstorms
    Dread of Nights
    Cabal Therapies
    Marsh Casualties
    Null Rods
    Kolaghan's Commands
    Price of Progresses
    Lilianas, the Last Hope
    Grim Lavamancers
    Izzet Staticasters

If you have other sideboard options, please let me know. The decks I'll be running into are:
    2 x Infect
    2 x Goblins
    1 x ANT
    1 x 12 U/G Post
    1 x Turbo Depths
    1 x Czech Pile
    1 x UR Delver
    1 x BUG Delver/Control
    1-2 x Elves
    0-1 x Lands
    0-1 x Delver variant
    1 x Unknown

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

@gul_dak: I'm far from an expert but I thought about what I'd do.
    For the first scenario, I'd like to kill a DRS to allow yourself to win the GY battle especially since he has a Kess onlining.
    Because he is full tapped, I think I'd go for SCM + bolt using the wasteland for the 1 mana. This way I deny their kess and their DRS and get to keep the Kcommand for optimal use later on.

Against land... Well I have no idea as to what is optimal in this situation. Is he waiting for a gamble into his combo? And keeping the cards in order to minimise the risks to discard DD Thespian?

I guess I'd like to cabal his gamble in this case...

Quote Originally Posted by TruKnightmare View Post
    I need a little help preparing for a 16-player Championship tournament. I'm a pretty proficient Grixis Delver player (Day 2'd repeatedly; won a few local tournaments) but this is the first time I'll have plenty of an advance to metagame.

I'm trying to narrow down whether to play (mainboard) Stifles, Cabal Therapies, or neither. Additionally, I'm trying to narrow down my sideboard, as well. Card availability is not an issue. What I'm currently trying to choose from is:

Pyroblasts
    Surgicals
    Ancient Grudges
    Diabolic Edicts
    Dismembers
    Pithing Needles
    Grafdigger's Cages
    Forked Bolts
    Flusterstorms
    Dread of Nights
    Cabal Therapies
    Marsh Casualties
    Null Rods
    Kolaghan's Commands
    Price of Progresses
    Lilianas, the Last Hope
    Grim Lavamancers
    Izzet Staticasters

If you have other sideboard options, please let me know. The decks I'll be running into are:
    2 x Infect
    2 x Goblins
    1 x ANT
    1 x 12 U/G Post
    1 x Turbo Depths
    1 x Czech Pile
    1 x UR Delver
    1 x BUG Delver/Control
    1-2 x Elves
    0-1 x Lands
    0-1 x Delver variant
    1 x Unknown

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
    Sounds like you could also mainboard grim lavamancer in this meta. and jitte could be good. artifact removal seems to be not so great with almost no dnt or chalice decks. therapy seems better than stifle and pierce in this meta. lots of creature control seems good here, maybe even a rough tumble type effect, or a sudden demise, marsh, stati and lili of the last hope all seem real good. the best approach in my opinion is to find a elephant sideboard way vs this meta, decide what the weak cards are vs the creature decks ie goblins, infect, elves and have exactly that many nice cards to slot in.

and @Schtormy, yeah taking gamble seems correct. cuts them from their close to 1 mana demonic tutor which really limits their options. and vs 4c decided to go snap bolt on a deathrite, and thought if I attacked with snap they would block with kess, and then I could go k command shock kess return snap, sadly they did not block, which could have been bad if they had a removal spell to kill both my deathrites with kess. but them not blocking made them take an extra 2, and I ended up dealing them a massive blow with price.

How have you been finding Price of Progress over all? I tried one in the board at the Card Kingdom 1K on the weekend and found it pretty good. I'm going to try two in the board this week at my weekly.

Quote Originally Posted by funkymankevx View Post
    How have you been finding Price of Progress over all? I tried one in the board at the Card Kingdom 1K on the weekend and found it pretty good. I'm going to try two in the board this week at my weekly.
    I love PoP and I wish I could have room for 2 in the side board but it's a bit hard to justify it.

However I have less than a hundred games with it in the side and didn't see it too often.

It's never been a dead card so far and it always had great impact when played.

I find it interesting that after Huang's wins with 2 TNN and 2 Spell Pierce MD that this is the standard for many tournaments. Looks to be the case regardless of Meta. I know he moved to this configuration due to Czech Pile being played a lot more. Looking at some tournaments and there deck breakdown seems this is just your standard copy/paste version with most wins, without thinking about meta or anything. Won't be shocked if this dude's list on MTGO is a standard soon being he has topped a challenge and been undeaded deck many times. Also funny to see the list play 1 Cabal Therapy and 1 Spell Pierce, its like "hell, just can't make up my mind so play one of each". At the end of the day, super minor changes that aren't game breaking that often.

Hi guys, Im having troubles with straight UW stoneblade decks, playing supreme verdict and back to basics main. Any tips about general strategy and how to sideboard? Im playing 2 therapy, 1 pierce, 1 dismember build.

Sideboard:

2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Pyroblast
    1 Invasive Surgery
    2 Diabolic Edict
    1 Grim Lavamancer
    1 Dread of Night
    1 Fire Coventant
    1 Forked Bolt
    1 Darkblast
    1 Abrade
    1 Ancient Grudge
    1 Pitnihg Needle

Regards,
    Peter

May 2017
    New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by pjetr0 View Post
    Hi guys, Im having troubles with straight UW stoneblade decks, playing supreme verdict and back to basics main. Any tips about general strategy and how to sideboard? Im playing 2 therapy, 1 pierce, 1 dismember build.
    Ditto. Also having trouble.

In addition having trouble against graveyard mechanics (dredge) but more so against turbo depths. Cheers

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Re stoneblade

Play tnn and abrade/grudge/k.command
    ??
    Win

Matchup feels very favoured for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

You mustn't have played the B2B and Supreme verdict version then.

And your message reads quite contemptuous.

Also Kcommand is not an auto in for many lists (3 CCM is clunky) and it won't help you under B2B.

I am afraid I can't offer much help from experience as I lost everytime Supreme Judgement and/or B2B hit the board, I still decided that the best course of action was to hold on to Pyroblast as a get out of jail option (which I didn't do in my few encounters with this version) and to resist the urge to swarm the board.

If some better ideas emerge, I'm very happy to learn and improve :)

Quote Originally Posted by schtormy View Post
    You mustn't have played the B2B and Supreme verdict version then.

And your message reads quite contemptuous.

Also Kcommand is not an auto in for many lists (3 CCM is clunky) and it won't help you under B2B.
    Agreed, he obviously has no real experience in the MU. Yes, blasts are your friend in this MU.

Thread Information