Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 2565717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1659

Thread: [Deck] Grixis Tempo

Re: [DTB] Grixis Tempo

Czech Pile seems to be doing quite well right now, what are people using in their board to combat these decks?
    I was playing a Price of Progress in the side, but I'm not 100% if this is what I want in the board. I haven't played the match up as much as I would have liked and am trying to get an idea of other's experiences.

I'm currently on the Bob Huang build with two Spell Pierce main deck with the following side board:

1x Abrade
    1x Ancient Grudge
    3x Cabal Therapy
    2x Diabolic Edict
    1x Flusterstorm
    1x Izzet Staticaster
    2x Pyroblast
    3x Surgical Extraction
    1x Grim Lavamancer

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Hey all,

What is the consensus on the Grixis Delver vs Turbo Depths matchup? I am being told it is extremely favoured for Grixis Delver but I do not agree at all.
    Last edited by Stevestamopz; 01-11-2018 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Jan 2017
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Hey all,

What is the consensus on the Grixis Delver vs Turbo Depths matchup? I am being told it is extremely favoured for Grixis Delver but I do not agree at all.
    I thought the consensus was the opposite, it's generally rather tricky for Delver to interact with the Depths player assembling Marit Lage and they can do it very quickly and are quite resilient.

Hey all,

I’m about 90% against Turbo Depths. I usually have Surgical, Ancient Grudge/Abrade, Edicts and Izzet Staticaster in my sideboard for this matchup. I prioritize protecting my sideboard answers from their discard and try to keep the board clear to keep Edicts live. I’m also trying my best to Waste + Surgical.

Quote Originally Posted by TruKnightmare View Post
    I’m about 90% against Turbo Depths. I usually have Surgical, Ancient Grudge/Abrade, Edicts and Izzet Staticaster in my sideboard for this matchup. I prioritize protecting my sideboard answers from their discard and try to keep the board clear to keep Edicts live. I’m also trying my best to Waste + Surgical.
    I guess staticaster is a little too narrow And mana intensive To properly work in a mu where fast answers to The combo are needed. Just leaving a couple of bolts together with abrade/s should be more than enough to cover such a situation.
    By The Way i think The mu is Not as easy as someone could think because turbo depths Can Take grixis delver off guard many times due to its unexpected Speed to assemble its combo . Even after board, once You have The proper tools to fight It, The mu is Not something to underestimate too much.

Inviato dal mio SM-A300FU utilizzando Tapatalk

What if any adjustments are people making for team trios?

I am playing Grixis Delver recently and the deck is a monster. It has sooo many outs people are not happing playing against me ^^ Anyway Im playing the list with 3 Pyromancer and 4 Probes because I don't have Stifle (yet), I noticed I have problems starting with either Delver or Shaman because of the 3 Volcanic Island. Does the deck really wanna play 3 Volcanic and 2 USea instead of 3 Usea and 2 Volcanic? I feel like Usea is much more powerful than Volcanic especially when I start making damage with 1-2 Shaman. Also Cabal Therapy needs USea when boarded so Id rather play 3 USea and 2 Volanics what do you think?

Oct 2015
    SWFL

I've seen quite a few lists recently cutting the 8th fetch to allow 3 USea, 3 Volc, 1 Trop. There are quite a few red cards, especially in post-SB games.

Psycho Crusher
    Jan 2010
    The 'Jing

Hey all,

from personal experience, it's 60-40 or 55-45 for Grixis Delver. Sometimes they can just go for it, especially in Game 1 when you have very little to answer them other than Force of Will for the Hexmage. The thing is, their plan doesn't really improve post-board so you should have a slight advantage.

It reminds me a bit of Dredge where it's more about what you do in games 2 and 3. Actually, Deathrite Shaman is a great card so sometimes you win Game 1s vs. Dredge...</digression>

Now traditional Lands...that's a tough matchup.
    A book about the dark side of Legacy: "Magic: The Addiction" // Conversations with Magic players: "Humans of Magic"

Is there a discord channel for this deck? Can anyone provide me an invitation? Thanks :)

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

So the consensus is that there is no consensus on Grixis Delver vs Turbo Depths

So the consensus is that there is no consensus on Grixis Delver vs Turbo Depths
    I'll break this tie, Turbo Depths is definitely a bad matchup for Grixis Delver. Just think about how G.Delver interacts... Counterspells, Bolts, and Wastelands. None of those are good vs Depths because they play 4 Needles and 4 Crop Rots for your Wastes, their spells are super redundant to beat CSpells, and Bolts dont do much at all vs an indestructible 20/20. Plus, they have discard to mess with anyway you might actually be able to stop them.

In fact, its a horrible matchup for Delver, in my experiences. Like, not even that close, you have to get pretty lucky to beat it; multiple Wastelands and dodging Neeldes kinda lucky.
    Last edited by LewisCBR; 01-19-2018 at 12:46 AM.

Grixis Delver is a bye for Turbo Depths, unless you are playing Stifles. If you are playing Stifles and play them correctly, you can have a good chance on the play.

Edit: @TrueKnightMare, fight me any day. I fail to understand how Izzet Staticaster is going to be relevant.
    If you're wondering how I produce blue mana, I copy my opponent's Island with Thespian's Stage

My Youtube and Twitch usernames are DNSolver.

I am the Legacy metagame:

-2016 Eternal Weekend Europe won by BR Reanimator (I wrote the primer)
    -2016 Eternal Weekend North America won by Turbo Dark Depths (I write about and develop the winning version specifically)
    -Refiner of Hogaak Depths.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by LewisCBR View Post
    I'll break this tie, Turbo Depths is definitely a bad matchup for Grixis Delver. Just think about how G.Delver interacts... Counterspells, Bolts, and Wastelands. None of those are good vs Depths because they play 4 Needles for your Wastes, their spells are super redundant to beat CSpells, and Bolts dont do much at all vs an indestructible 20/20. Plus, they have discard to mess with anyway you might actually be able to stop them.

In fact, its a horrible matchup for Delver, in my experiences. Like, not even that close, you have to get pretty lucky to beat it; multiple Wastelands and dodging Neeldes kinda lucky.
    I could not agree more ^

I also find it a hard matchup for Delver from the few games I have played (I play RUG rather than Grixis, and Stifle helps, but apart from that both of these Delver decks look roughly the same from the Depths perspective I think)

I guess I’ve just gotten lucky with my mis-sideboarding against Turbo Depths when I’ve played it about the last 20 times 🤷🏻*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well guys, I'm back after durdling in BUG land because I was frustrated about all the stupid lock pieces people play nowadays. I had to learn again that you just lose to Jace though when you're playing decays. And as it turns out BUG is still super durdly unless you have goyfs (which I don't) so I guess I'm back to Grixis again.

Something that struck me as worth a try is going up to 2 REB 2 Pyroblasts in the sideboard given how Miracles and Pile are some of the worst matchups for us (besides DD that is, but these decks aren't that popular). This might seem exaggerated, but look at Miracles: They know they can easily win against everything except blue decks so they pack in at least 4 blasts in their sideboard alongside their answers for Chalice and gy and pretty much call it a day.

Main reason is the resurgence of counterbalance and the 4strix.decks, but also search for azcanta which is just ridiculous, even if it doesn't flip. I just played against it a couple of times and the only time I won against a flipped one was when my opponent played Back to Basics and I managed to setup delver+bolt.

On the other hand I really want to try out 2 Bitterblossoms against these decks, I guess I could also bring them in vs. Hexdepths to stop their Marit Lage every turn xD

I want to start off by saying that I think DRS is a balanced card for Legacy.

Having said that, I’m curious if you didn’t have access to the card, what would you put in those four slots?
    “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle".
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by JPoJohnson View Post
    I want to start off by saying that I think DRS is a balanced card for Legacy.

Having said that, I’m curious if you didn’t have access to the card, what would you put in those four slots?
    Are we talking about Legacy without deathrite in general now? It doesn't make sense to discuss this in a vacuum imo. If deathrite got banned I'd probably go with Nimble Mongoose and RUG colors (maybe keeping pyromancer over goyfs because he's better against miracles and edict effects, besides I don't want to buy goyfs). Swiftspear is a horrible topdeck later and requires a very proactive cards to trigger prowess consistently while mongoose's value goes up with the loss of DRS. Anglers will be a problem, but I don't see any good lists playing Angler. Here's the thing: Banning drs will warp the format like no other ban has before. Suddenly about a dozen decks will be unplayable, not only 4c but also various BUG decks like Alluren and food chain. We'll be back to the days when stifle is a major competitor in the format which even I as someone who plays stifle don't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrippa91 View Post
    Are we talking about Legacy without deathrite in general now? It doesn't make sense to discuss this in a vacuum imo. If deathrite got banned I'd probably go with Nimble Mongoose and RUG colors (maybe keeping pyromancer over goyfs because he's better against miracles and edict effects, besides I don't want to buy goyfs). Swiftspear is a horrible topdeck later and requires a very proactive cards to trigger prowess consistently while mongoose's value goes up with the loss of DRS. Anglers will be a problem, but I don't see any good lists playing Angler. Here's the thing: Banning drs will warp the format like no other ban has before. Suddenly about a dozen decks will be unplayable, not only 4c but also various BUG decks like Alluren and food chain. We'll be back to the days when stifle is a major competitor in the format which even I as someone who plays stifle don't want.
    I absolutely agree with this. The value of wasteland stifle and mongoose will go up. The Power of black-based controll will go down.

Thread Information