Page 83 of 83 FirstFirst ... 33737980818283
Results 1,641 to 1,659 of 1659

Thread: [Deck] Grixis Tempo

Re: [DTB] Grixis Tempo

I think this archetype is still a thing. It will look more like old RUG Delver but Gurmag Angler is arguably better than Goyf (or Hooting Mandrills), and having access to discard, KCommand, Fatal Push, and Diabolic Edict might be enough to continue playing black over green.

Quote Originally Posted by Anachronism View Post
    I think this archetype is still a thing. It will look more like old RUG Delver but Gurmag Angler is arguably better than Goyf (or Hooting Mandrills), and having access to discard, KCommand, Fatal Push, and Diabolic Edict might be enough to continue playing black over green.

I think Grixis is still playable, but we are going to have to make some serious adjustments. Gurmag and Edict are very powerful spells. Our best option if we go RUG is probably to play Hooting Mandrills and Reality shift in place of Edict. We may also need to go to be a little less tempo and a lot more control. Main deck Fatal Push may have to be a thing.

Just a thought.

Green has only Sylvan Library and Abrupt Decay

Everything else green has to offer can be found in Grixis colors

Hi !

Been trying this list on xmage :

4 delver of secrets
    4 monastery swiftspear
    2 gurmag angler
    2 young pyromancer
    2 true-name nemesis
    4 brainstorm
    4 ponder
    4 lightning bolt
    2 spell pierce
    2 dismember
    2 forked bolt
    2 thoughtseize
    4 daze
    4 force of will

4 polluted delta
    4 scalding tarn
    3 volcanic island
    3 underground sea
    4 wasteland

sideboard :

3 pyroblast
    3 surgical extraction
    2 flusterstorm
    2 thoughtseize
    2 diabolic edict
    2 abrade
    1 bitterblossom

No double black spells because i don't think this deck can afford it now that shaman is gone, and no kolaghan command either. True-name is the only 3ccm card because double blue is okay and it can be pitched to FOW (not an easy card to put on the board though)

I won against 2 BUG shell with baleful strix and tarmogoyf and against a miracle deck. Monastery can do some nasty things (I think it's not bad against miracles with the haste and all), and Gurmag is still the baddest m*********er in the neighbourhood. Young pyromancer is not so bad, even without gitaxian probe, but Ltlh and marsh casualties are still here.

edit : almost forgot, I was beaten by BR reanimator. Game 1, he has the golden hand with chancellor, i can do nothing, game 2 i wreck him bad with a good board of young pyro and swiftspear plus surgical and stuff, and game 3 is the same as game 1.

(my two cents, I only had a few games on xmage ^^)

Quote Originally Posted by Poron View Post
    Green has only Sylvan Library and Abrupt Decay

Everything else green has to offer can be found in Grixis colors

Green also gives you access to Nimble Mongoose, which is an excellent card!

Here's an interesting take post-ban that went 5-0 on MTGO.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1183672#paper

Bomat Courier is very intriguing in this kind of shell... thoughts?

Tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.
    Mar 2014

Hi guys!
    The Deathrite Shaman’s ban destroy the classic Grixis Delver archetype and the 4c Control Czech Pile archetype.
    Many players, after ban, trying to use the Grixis colors with good feedback from test. Here we all can talking about the possible evolutions of the Grixis colors in competitive Legacy.

In this Discord now we have two different sections:

- MIDRANGE (similar to old Czech Pile decks)
    - DELVER (similar to old Grixis Delver decks)

Each gameplay variant of Grixis gets its own channel based of 2 subchannels from now on: “General” and “Decklist”. If the subchannels are being used more often and we feel like too many people joined or actively post, we will think about extending it.

If you miss anything or feel like we should add something, please let me know!

I hope you like this and will be good for all of us!

All of you can use this link that will not expire, to invite other players / share the chat

https://discord.gg/GuBX4wd

You’re also free to create new invite.

Nowadays many are playing many basics.

If you want to be effective you have to play Stifle

Stifle and Wasteland
    Give a middle game sense to Daze and Pierce

Tested a bit with the following list: (vs D&T, Mono red moon, RUG)
    Lands
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    4 Wasteland
    1 Badlands
    1 Island

Creatures
    3 Siren Stormtamer
    4 Delver of Secrets
    3 Gurmag Angler
    1 True-Name Nemesis

Spells
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Force of Will
    4 Daze
    2 Spell Pierce
    2 Spell Snare
    4 Stifle
    4 Lightning Bolt
    1 Fatal Push
    1 Darkblast
    1 Bitterblossom

Sideboard
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Izzet Staticaster
    2 Pyroblast
    1 Surgical Extraction
    1 Grafdigger’s Cage
    1 Divert
    1 Dreadbore
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Faerie Macabre
    1 Abrade
    1 Shattering Spree
    1 Rakdos Charm

I've been playing Stifle for ages so I changed the following cards pre/post Shaman ban (not counting SB):
    4 Shaman
    1 Push
    1 Pierce
    1 Kira
    1 Tropical Island
    For
    3 Siren
    2 Snare
    1 Darkblast
    1 TNN
    1 Island

The Siren performed just as I expected (and wanted): it hits for a few damage until it counters that plow/bolt/dismember that is targeted on your Delver or Angler.
    I think the Island and Badlands should be swapped for another Volcanic and USea since I can't perma use the badland for Shaman activations and go for Tropical + Badlands to have access to all SB cards I used to have. Now I faced some awkward situations with both the Island and Badlands. It could be that I need to get used to the basic land main deck and are fetching way too fast for it, but it might be better to just swap them.
    Darkblast instead of the second Push seems fine. Both have their pro's and con's

I've liked some discard main in delver.

Im testing the deck now since the bannings and its definitely not dead or bad. Just not as insane and busted anymore. Im currently on a list splitting Sultai Scavenger and Gurmag Angler to give the deck a little more aggressive feel and more evasion creatures. Right now not a lot of Lightning Bolts are around so I like Scavenger. This is the list I'm playing:

2 Grim Lavamancer
    4 Delver of Secrets
    2 Young Pyromancer
    2 Sultai Scavenger
    2 Gurmag Angler
    2 True-Name Nemesis
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Thought Scour
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will
    2 Spell Pierce
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Forked Bolt
    4 Bloodstained Mire
    2 Flooded Strand
    2 Polluted Delta
    3 Volcanic Island
    3 Underground Sea
    4 Wasteland

Thought Scour makes come Scavenger and Angler very early, which is good for the deck. If I dont need it I can pitch it to Force of Will. If the amount of Lightning Bolt increases Id cut 2 Scavenger for 2 more Angler. Also Lavamancer is insane in certain matchups, otherwise its a consistens pinger like Shaman was in the end stages. I think 2 True-Name are little to much but I dont have a better creature right now to, also I could think about adding 1 more fetchland in it for the 2. TNN or maybe the 4. Thought Scour. But I like the densitiy of creatures and its explosiveness with Thought Scour, also Grixis has the better card pool than Canadian so its a real contender. Anybody playing Grixis Delver currently?

Quote Originally Posted by IamHANDSOME View Post
    Anybody playing Grixis Delver currently?
    Yup. Played some more with the list I posted above (except 2 Push instead of 1-1 split with Darkblast). Also managed to put 1 Alpine Moon in the side. The list isn't aggressive as I would like it to be.
    Snares seem to be more a miss then hit most of the time, so back to 3 Pierce instead of the 2-2 split. The creatues you can counter with it are hit by Push and most of them also get hit by Bolt, so no need for this. Non-creature spells are better countered with Pierce most of the time since it has more targets and I play with Stifles.
    Back to 4 Scavengers instead of the Sirens. They are good, but not on their own and I don't want to put more then 12 creatures in the deck.
    Going to test 2 TNN instead of the single 3-drop I'm used to play. Perhaps 1-1 split with Kira, which I liked a lot for the short time I tested it, but TNN is better holding the fort against Anglers and Death's Shadows.
    Going to test 2 Preordain to fix the draws to get land for TNN or what ever relevant thing I need at the time while fueling Scavengers.

Never liked Thought Scour. Feels like a Dark-Ritual type of card in the deck specially aimed at your Delve creatures. It doesn't let you filter draws (except for that one Brainstorm you can fix with it every 100 games) or gives you more information like Probe used to do.

I'm not sure what the better removal spell is at the moment when I compare Push, Darkblast, Edict, Forket Bolt or even Dismember.
    Probaly going to stick with Push for a bit on the 2 slots since it hits most diverse creatures.

Does someone know why the Bob Huang List play an Island? I just don't get it. Of Course you can cast your Cantrips under BloodMoon but nothing else...Why do you want that instead of the 4th Usea like Sukenik played at the Pro Tour (except Money-Reasons:D)
    Hopefully someone has the "official" for that :)

[Deck] Grixis Tempo

I top 4ed our legacy leagues season finals where the best ranking 16 players in Stockholm fight for the Legacy champ title.
    I played a rather spicy Grixis delver brew influenced by Sukeniks way of delvering.

http://decks.deckedbuilder.com/d/201...SBYGmND4t7sA==

I built the deck anticipating lots of control midrange and artifacts. I was right in my prediction and did beat the decks i set out to beat.

2-0 BUG thresold
    2-1 UW blade
    1-2 Alluren
    0-2 Mono red prison
    2-0 Grixis control

7th into the top 8

2-0 Alluren
    0-2 Goblins

3-4th place together with omnitell
    Goblins went on to lose to Grixis control
    Had I been paired otherwice i think i would have made it to the finals.
    Last edited by JackaBo; 09-03-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by blablub View Post
    Does someone know why the Bob Huang List play an Island? I just don't get it. Of Course you can cast your Cantrips under BloodMoon but nothing else...Why do you want that instead of the 4th Usea like Sukenik played at the Pro Tour (except Money-Reasons:D)
    Hopefully someone has the "official" for that :)
    Because of Wastelands loops from Loam/Lands, Path to Exile from Miracles/DaT/Stoneblade and Blood Moon as you said.

Re: [Deck] Grixis Tempo

Hello !

Il wrote a report of my top8 run with the deck on Reddit, here's the link in case you're interrested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...reddit-android

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Re: [Deck] Grixis Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by schtormy View Post
    Hello !

Il wrote a report of my top8 run with the deck on Reddit, here's the link in case you're interrested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...reddit-android

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Nice to see peezy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Pretty sure I meant this Archetype is dead go play Grixis Control or RUG Delver.
    I am sorry, but could you repeat that please? ;-p

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Thread Information