Page 51 of 83 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1659

Thread: [Deck] Grixis Tempo

Re: [Deck] Grixis Tempo

Quote Originally Posted by NetherSpirit View Post
    Hi guys!

I just made 5-2-1 in a 54 player tournament resulting in a 3rd place finish...
    Hey, grest job, the Bitterblossom here is pretty spicy, i like it, but was it ever too slow?

Feb 2016
    Buenos Aires

Quote Originally Posted by LewisCBR View Post
    Hey, grest job, the Bitterblossom here is pretty spicy, i like it, but was it ever too slow?
    Hey! Yes, definitely. It felt great against miracles but against other decks a pyromancer would have been much more efficient. In the top 8 match against junkish deathblade it was also slow but saved me from an attacking Tarmogoyf for several turns until i found abrupt decay and turned it around. I ended the game on 1 life after doing everything to manage my life total with DRS, it was close!

Sent from my SM-J700M using Tapatalk

Hey Bob,
    are you still here? I saw you 5-0ing a league with the 4 Gurmag 4 Thoughtscour Build. Do you like it? i thought that i want to give it a try as well, thats why i am asking. Would you recommend that list?

Have someone tested the list and might share his experiences with me? :)

I've tested it and i'm not a big fan. For as good as Angler is, he isnt the end all be all, its amazing how easily he can be blanked or how dead too many in your hand become. In theory, i thought the deck looked great, when i was on RUG an Angler would win the game, but when i tested it i ran up against too many Elves (who can block bounce), Young Pyromancers (who chump with elementals), and BUG variants (who play a lot of Strix or get 5/6 Goyfs).

When you start playing bad cards like Thoughtscour to power out Angler, it needs to do more work IMO. If you hit the right matchups, though, Angler is a house. Or, if you get a strong tempo hand to tempo then out after sticking an Angler, i suppose. Obviously Bob 5-0's with it, so it can be pretty good, but i feel like i saw this list more often 4 or 5 months ago, and then it sort of disappeared.

I like the look of this latest spicy list to 5-0: https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/533865#paper

I've tested it and i'm not a big fan. For as good as Angler is, he isnt the end all be all, its amazing how easily he can be blanked or how dead too many in your hand become. In theory, i thought the deck looked great, when i was on RUG an Angler would win the game, but when i tested it i ran up against too many Elves (who can block bounce), Young Pyromancers (who chump with elementals), and BUG variants (who play a lot of Strix or get 5/6 Goyfs).

When you start playing bad cards like Thoughtscour to power out Angler, it needs to do more work IMO. If you hit the right matchups, though, Angler is a house. Or, if you get a strong tempo hand to tempo then out after sticking an Angler, i suppose. Obviously Bob 5-0's with it, so it can be pretty good, but i feel like i saw this list more often 4 or 5 months ago, and then it sort of disappeared.

That was actually a friend on my account. I agree with everything lewiscbr said, I think pyromancer is a lot stronger

Apr 2013
    Kempten, Germany

2 Grixis Delver in the Top 8 of GP Louisville, good job guys

http://magic.wizards.com/en/events/c...les-2017-01-08
    Currently playing
    Eldrazi

That was quite comforting to see as I bombed out of two legacy tournaments recently and was feeling really down on the deck. Only difference is their versions running Clique instead of me running TNN. And of course the sides.

I think that is currently my biggest problem is handling the abundance of Reanimator, BUG and Miracles that I encounter and finding a better sideboard and utilizing the side better against them. What to side out and in seems to be my biggest weakness right now.

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by revenantkioku View Post
    That was quite comforting to see as I bombed out of two legacy tournaments recently and was feeling really down on the deck. Only difference is their versions running Clique instead of me running TNN. And of course the sides.

I think that is currently my biggest problem is handling the abundance of Reanimator, BUG and Miracles that I encounter and finding a better sideboard and utilizing the side better against them. What to side out and in seems to be my biggest weakness right now.
    I'm pretty sure that Clique helps in the Miracles MU and never had that many problems against Reanimator (DRS, CT, 2x Surgicals). You got room for two Decays in your SB?
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

Side is currently:
    Engineered Explosives
    Umezawa's Jitte
    Ancient Grudge
    Snuff Out
    Fire Covenant
    Winter Orb x2
    Pyroblast x2
    Cabal Therapy
    Surgical Extraction x2
    Pithing Needle
    Baleful Strix x2

I don't run Decay because of only 1 Tropical Island and I thought the wisdom was that is not reliable enough.

I get utterly trashed by Reanimator. Maybe I'm playing wrong. But turn one they strip one of my counters away with Unmask or Thoughtseize. Or they Dark Ritual, intending to go Entomb, Reanimate, 1 always floating for Daze. So what are the options? Counter the Dark Ritual, I have to have either more counters or a DRS, which isn't a guarantee. Don't counter the Ritual and Griselbrand is out. Maybe I drew a Extraction, but that doesn't do much because they are usually on one Griselbrand game 2 with Elesh Norn, Iona, Tombstalker or hell one time I got wrecked by Phyrexian Crusaders.

No idea how I'm supposed to win that matchup. What am I supposed to be siding out and in?

Faerie Macabre instead of Surgical Extraction

The times Macabre would be better than Extraction surely exist since Exhume is a thing, but still the main problem is a matter of resources. Which I am sure comes down to how you actually play the deck and a bit of luck.

Hey guys, how do you feel about fatal push? I got one dismember on the main and will definitely replace it with the fatal push, but I'm not sure about how much I want to play in my SB and replace it with. Besides dismembering Merit Lage, reanimated or delve creatures, I'm not sure where fatal push is not a better option. Will the 1 mana -2/-2 which I forgot the name also be fully replaced by it, or do I miss something that might make it relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by ThiefSlayer View Post
    Hey guys, how do you feel about fatal push? I got one dismember on the main and will definitely replace it with the fatal push, but I'm not sure about how much I want to play in my SB and replace it with. Besides dismembering Merit Lage, reanimated or delve creatures, I'm not sure where fatal push is not a better option. Will the 1 mana -2/-2 which I forgot the name also be fully replaced by it, or do I miss something that might make it relevant?
    Eldrazi has fallen off the map a bit, but i feel like there is still enough of it around, and opposing Anglers/Tombstalkers, to warrant running Dismember over Push. Dismember being colorless is also a huge plus, i've had to cast it off a Wasteland before to stay in the game. The life loss is negligible, IMO.

I dont think i'll have Push anywhere in my 75.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

The times Macabre would be better than Extraction surely exist since Exhume is a thing, but still the main problem is a matter of resources. Which I am sure comes down to how you actually play the deck and a bit of luck.
    The main reason Macabre is better than Surgical vs the BR Rea deck isn't because it can exile two creatures, it's because it can't be discarded by Collective Brutality and more importantly lets you fight on the draw vs a revealed Chancellor.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Dec 2016
    Toronto Canada

Eldrazi has fallen off the map a bit, but i feel like there is still enough of it around, and opposing Anglers/Tombstalkers, to warrant running Dismember over Push. Dismember being colorless is also a huge plus, i've had to cast it off a Wasteland before to stay in the game. The life loss is negligible, IMO.

I dont think i'll have Push anywhere in my 75.
    I am going to add to this point by bringing up Sanctum Prelate. I am also not looking to add Fatal Push to my 75 because in a world where Death&Taxes is becomming more prevlant I want to diversify my removal sweet with different casting costs. You probably want Dismember to take out the aforementioned as well as a Sanctum Prelate on 1. I view it as extremely crucial to have an out to Prelate in the main board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I tap all 5 of my lands on my turn. He's like....OMG not Shriekmaw. I land Batterskull. He's like. Ok sure. LOL, not very often someone is more happy to see Batterskull then a Shriekmaw.

Quote Originally Posted by TheManWithaPlan View Post
    I am going to add to this point by bringing up Sanctum Prelate. I am also not looking to add Fatal Push to my 75 because in a world where Death&Taxes is becomming more prevlant I want to diversify my removal sweet with different casting costs. You probably want Dismember to take out the aforementioned as well as a Sanctum Prelate on 1. I view it as extremely crucial to have an out to Prelate in the main board.
    That's absolutely right, also dismember on mentor (usually) dodges countertop. I think it will prevail over disfigure on decks that run it, but in our case it's not that attractive, even though I will test it as a 1 or 2 of in the SB just to see if it's not worth against other decks. Thank you for the insights.

Oct 2013
    Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by ThiefSlayer View Post
    That's absolutely right, also dismember on mentor (usually) dodges countertop. I think it will prevail over disfigure on decks that run it, but in our case it's not that attractive, even though I will test it as a 1 or 2 of in the SB just to see if it's not worth against other decks. Thank you for the insights.
    Yeah, I agree that the mainboard is pretty stock and there's no room for Fatal Push. What are you cutting for it? I don't remember lists packing Disfigure in the board.
    TEAM MtG Berlin

"Dredge isn't a deck, it's public masturbation with graveyard triggers."

Quote Originally Posted by phazonmutant View Post
    So dismissive.
    Quote Originally Posted by danyul View Post
    This thread is great. I've been able to save so much money on seasoning! Whenever I'm eating something bland, I just wander over here to borrow some of the infinite salt.

Quote Originally Posted by meffeo View Post
    Yeah, I agree that the mainboard is pretty stock and there's no room for Fatal Push. What are you cutting for it? I don't remember lists packing Disfigure in the board.
    Some (?) boards seem to run Darkblast, so I guess that could get cut? But that doesn't seem to be a staple as far as I understand.

Dec 2016
    Toronto Canada

Some (?) boards seem to run Darkblast, so I guess that could get cut? But that doesn't seem to be a staple as far as I understand.
    Darkblast is far from a staple in Grixis Delver however I still probably wouldn't play Fatal Push over it (if I considered either for my sideboard). It is dependent on what you want from that slot. If you are looking for a hoser card like a repeatable removal effect, Darkblast or Grim Lavamancer are the way to go, however if you are just looking for ways to take out more Thought-Knot Seers and Tarmogoyfs then Fatal Push is better. Overall I am strictly advocating against Fatal Push in the 75 of Grixis Delver (unless you have a Tarmogoyf or Eldrazi infestation).
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I tap all 5 of my lands on my turn. He's like....OMG not Shriekmaw. I land Batterskull. He's like. Ok sure. LOL, not very often someone is more happy to see Batterskull then a Shriekmaw.

Thread Information