Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 374344454647

Thread: [BFZ]Battle for Zendikar spoilers thread

Re: [BFZ]Battle for Zendikar spoilers thread

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I still don't get the appeal of Expeditions.

Yes, they're rare, but that's about it - the frame is ugly as sin and the art on many cards is pants-on-head retarded.
    Pretty much confirmation bias, contemporary magic population is fine with artificial scarcity as silly as this, and much of the desirability of these derives from their rarity, with people failing to wonder why these are supposed to be rare in the first place. They are like the magic equivalent of the Kardashians; famous for being famous (or desirable for being desirable) with no other real merit.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Some people might like them. I use only Onslaught fetches because I love the old boarder. Some of my mates use Karns because they love the art. It can be a personal taste thing too.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Pretty much confirmation bias, contemporary magic population is fine with artificial scarcity as silly as this, and much of the desirability of these derives from their rarity, with people failing to wonder why these are supposed to be rare in the first place. They are like the magic equivalent of the Kardashians; famous for being famous (or desirable for being desirable) with no other real merit.
    Maybe it's a holdover from when I opened up my first odyssey filter land in a booster pack (Shadowblood Ridge fyi) I have always been of the opinion that lands should never be rare unless they are legendary. Someone once tried to tell me that they are rare for the purposes of limited, which made me more angry for no reason. Now I try not to think about it.

So loto tickets are the reason the set is selling?
    It is a pretty fun Limited environment.

Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    They are like the magic equivalent of the Kardashians; famous for being famous (or desirable for being desirable)
    Ugh, dude!

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I still don't get the appeal of Expeditions.

Yes, they're rare, but that's about it - the frame is ugly as sin and the art on many cards is pants-on-head retarded.
    people collect things. I have a few friends which are into collection and they literrally drool when they see those expeditions because they are RARE.

get outta here, humanity.
    Jun 2009
    Butugychag

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    people collect things. I have a few friends which are into collection and they literrally drool when they see those expeditions because they are RARE.
    Do your friends also buy collectible silver coins from infomercials?

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    Do your friends also buy collectible silver coins from infomercials?
    Nah, you can get those from WotC, too!
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

The only reason they're valuable is because they are artificially rare.

I've seen these "Expeditions" in person and the majority of them are absolutely butt-ugly. Like worse-looking than FTV foils. I can't imagine running these because they look good - both Onslaught and Khans foil fetches are far prettier than their Expedition counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    The only reason they're valuable is because they are artificially rare.

I've seen these "Expeditions" in person and the majority of them are absolutely butt-ugly. Like worse-looking than FTV foils. I can't imagine running these because they look good - both Onslaught and Khans foil fetches are far prettier than their Expedition counterparts.
    There are plenty of people who disagree with you. I have a friend who recently changed all the shocks and fetches in his Tiny Leaders deck to Expeditions because he likes the way they look.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    It is a pretty fun Limited environment.
    I'd say that this is arguably the best Limited experience I've had since I started playing. There's such a wide variety of draft archetypes available, and even Sealed has some uncommon Bombs and the games are normally pretty intense.

For Constructed, though...there's not been that much innovation except in the frankly ridiculous manabases that can be supported in the environment. I haven't seen mana this 'mindless' since Ravnica/Time-Spiral Standard. The Aristocrats decks are interesting to see in action, but they're also not really innovative. I was hoping to see something like Mardu Allies see play in the PT, as that deck is tearing up the scene locally.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    I'd say that this is arguably the best Limited experience I've had since I started playing. There's such a wide variety of draft archetypes available, and even Sealed has some uncommon Bombs and the games are normally pretty intense.

For Constructed, though...there's not been that much innovation except in the frankly ridiculous manabases that can be supported in the environment. I haven't seen mana this 'mindless' since Ravnica/Time-Spiral Standard. The Aristocrats decks are interesting to see in action, but they're also not really innovative. I was hoping to see something like Mardu Allies see play in the PT, as that deck is tearing up the scene locally.
    I was going to say that I reminds me of lorwyn vivid lands + reflecting pool shenanigans and 5c cruel control.

Thread Information