Page 15 of 47 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: [BFZ]Battle for Zendikar spoilers thread

Re: [BFZ]Battle for Zendikar spoilers thread

Alleged Devoid enchantment:

Enchantment
    At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, exile the top card fo that players library.
    , put a card from exile into its owner's graveyard: Put a 1/1 Eldrazi Spawn creature token onto the battlefield with, "Sac this: add to your mana pool."

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

This whole mechanic peeks my interest. Not sure what it could ever do in Legacy, but more then nothing I do feel.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by iamajellydonut View Post
    But I'm not upset that they're printing money in packs. I'm upset that they're using said money-infused packs to skimp on the overall quality of the set. I look forward to new sets. I look forward to seeing what new life is being breathed into the game. Only, for the past four years, I've remained disappointed. Origins had the potential to be a great bit of fresh air, but it seems to be immediately stifled by the hunk of garbage that is Battle for Zendikar.
    Seems a bit premature to deliver a verdict on the set when we've seen maybe 10 cards from it. Sorry you've been disappointed. Four years is a lot of sets. Can you recall two or three sets you enjoyed? Was Origins not one?

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Alleged Devoid enchantment:

Enchantment
    At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, exile the top card fo that players library.
    , put a card from exile into its owner's graveyard: Put a 1/1 Eldrazi Spawn creature token onto the battlefield with, "Sac this: add to your mana pool."
    Has the card been confirmed yet? I've only seen vague speculation on Salvation so far, with the CC being somewhere between and .

It certainly is a strong effect (a bit less so on 3 mana).

Rule question: Can you actually pay the activation cost with LotV/RiP in play? Technically, the cards can never hit the GY due to replacement effects.

Otherwise, it needs to combo with Planar Void.

Given the current exile shenanigans with opposing Delve spells and DRS, I don't think it's going to lack fodder. Being able to ramp and recycle tokens (sac for mana, make another token) is very powerful. As long as you can utilize the colorless mana, there's no drawback in making more tokens.

I'd definitely keep an eye on the card.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Given the current exile shenanigans with opposing Delve spells and DRS, I don't think it's going to lack fodder. Being able to ramp and recycle tokens (sac for mana, make another token) is very powerful. As long as you can utilize the colorless mana, there's no drawback in making more tokens.

I'd definitely keep an eye on the card.
    Also that wording lets you choose cards you have exiled yourself. So the cards from exile can fuel your own Delve spells.

, return card from exile to graveyard, make a Scion. Sac Scion for , exile that card to pay for Delve. You can recycle cards if you don't have enough in the GY to start with.

Oct 2010
    London & Helsinki

If the card is real it is going to be very interesting. Pay 1, bring a card back to the gy, make a Scion. Sac scion add 1, bring a card back, add a Scion... For 1 colorless mana you get to pull everything back from exile. So Delve becomes even more broken. Make blockers for ages and reuse Deathrite every turn. Cabal Therapy as many times as you want for each colorless mana. I haven't even looked into cards that trigger when a creature enters the battlefield.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

It would be a nice toy for Nic Fit. Therapy your opponents' hand away every turn and keep dropping Tasigurs/Gurmag Anglers/perhaps other delve-stuff.

Also allows you to mix Nimble Mongoose/Tarmogoyf with delve stuff. Or to run 4 DTT. Or both.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Mammutti View Post
    If the card is real it is going to be very interesting. Pay 1, bring a card back to the gy, make a Scion. Sac scion add 1, bring a card back, add a Scion... For 1 colorless mana you get to pull everything back from exile. So Delve becomes even more broken. Make blockers for ages and reuse Deathrite every turn. Cabal Therapy as many times as you want for each colorless mana. I haven't even looked into cards that trigger when a creature enters the battlefield.
    :/!

This could even be a sideboard card for dredge. Stinkweed Imps get hardcast all the time. Yawgmoth's Will / Past in Flames + this is infinite mana + infinite storm + a bunch of 1/1 creatures though probably win more.

Folk Punk Pirate
    Oct 2007
    Mannheim, Germany

It works neither with Papst in Flames nor with Yawgmoth's Will...
    Sneaky Pirates of Doom - Not really a Legacy Team anymore.

Jul 2011
    Germany

I hope it get 1B as a legacy toy, i can see it in Walking Dead, it contains Deathrite, Flashback Spells (Therapy, Looting, lingering) and with Bombardment and Feeder Sac Engines for Tokens etc.

But i think we'll only see it with 2B which can be to slow (or get dazed, pierce for ever) ...
    TEAM MtG Berlin

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by spirit of the wretch View Post
    It works neither with Papst in Flames nor with Yawgmoth's Will...
    I've been on a RTFC streak lately ^_^ Realized it later.

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

New Devoid enchantment + Haunting Echoes = SO MUCH FOOD

Too bad Haunting Echoes was never a thing in Legacy :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

bruizar

Not to turn this into the B+R thread but, if WOTC knew they were printing this card that is obviously synergetic with the delve mechanic, it may spell the end of DTT.

Site Contributor
    Apr 2013

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    Not to turn this into the B+R thread but, if WOTC knew they were printing this card that is obviously synergetic with the delve mechanic, it may spell the end of DTT.
    No it wouldn't. WHY would people play this card, just because they are playing DTT? It's not like people are struggling to fuel DTT w/o this.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Pretty sure you'll only be able to return cards to your opponents yards.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Apr 2007
    Leicester, UK

Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Pretty sure you'll only be able to return cards to your opponents yards.
    I expect the same; could still be quite powerful when many decks are using Deathrite and Dig.
    My Legacy Decks of choice: Pox, Miracles, D&T or Lands.
    Online Trading Reference Checker

bruizar

Its a dangerous mechanic though. Exile is one of the few zones that is (almost) untouchable. The graveyard is a resource and exiling is the way to balance that resource. Once you turn exile cards back into graveyard cards and get value out of doing it, I don't know what will happen. I can't predict its effect it can go either way.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by bruizar View Post
    What?

Darkenslight spoiled the supposed card completely wrong:

Cost (either or )
    Enchantment
    Devoid
    At the beginning of each opponent's upkeep, exile the top card of that player's library.
    , put a card from exile an opponent owns into its owners graveyard: Put a 1/1 Eldrazi scion token onto the battlefield with "Sacrifice this creature: Add to your mana pool."

You can't exile your own cards to abuse it. It's actually a pseudo-hoser for opposing Delve cards.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    You can't exile your own cards to abuse it. It's actually a pseudo-hoser for opposing Delve cards.
    Huh? That just puts delved cards back into the GY so they can be Delve food again. The only thing it hoses is Tasigur.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

EDIT: The rumor got updated. None of this is any good any more...

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    Also that wording lets you choose cards you have exiled yourself. So the cards from exile can fuel your own Delve spells.

, return card from exile to graveyard, make a Scion. Sac Scion for , exile that card to pay for Delve. You can recycle cards if you don't have enough in the GY to start with.
    Delve is cute, but there's a lot of potential with flashback or cards like Ill-Gotten Gains that self-exile to prevent looping or other abuse. There's a decent number of cards like that Woodland Guidance probably requires too many lands, but there might be some kind of loop with All Sun's Dawn.

It's probably not worth the effort by itself, but you could also use the ability to 'permanize' removal like Oblivion Ring.

I wonder if there's any good combos with Bosium Strip.

Thread Information